Age 23
they/them
Germany
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted November 17th, 2016
29 posts
11.5 Years
Hey,
I'm just going to let everybody know that I'm working on a Game Boy Advance emulator that is progressing very well. The emulator is coded in C++ from the scratch and is aimed at readable/easily hackable source, platform independency, reasonable accuracy but also at hackers and debuggers. The emulator has a user interface created in Qt which allows it to run on nearly every possible platform and will also provide a very powerful debugger in the future. Currently the project is developed solely by me but another coder is going to join me and make mentionable contributions.

Please don't ask for any specific release dates yet since I can't 100% sure say when I'll be able to provide something that is worth being used by casual users. If you want to try it out please download the source code and build it yourself. However I plan to release a very first (preview) version in October 2016, I won't provide any binaries until that point! If you ask me about binaries, prepare to be ignored!

Current Status:
ARM: ~99% (some instruction cycles are missing or need to be fixed and some very specific edge behaviour is missing).
Memory: ~95%
Cartridge Backup: 2/3, EEPROM is missing, FLASH and SRAM are fully supported.
Video: ~80% (to be improved very soon)
Audio: no such support yet, sorry!

Media:
Spoiler:

Source Code:
The source code is available under the terms of GPLv2:
https://github.com/nba-emu/nanoboyadvance/

Please let me know what you think.

Kind Regards,
hackiosa/flerovium^-^

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Hack!

Male
Seen May 24th, 2017
Posted August 6th, 2016
97 posts
12.5 Years
Quite interesting, will you bring the opportunity to set up the screen of the emulator? Just for more accurated results (like it's allowed in BGB emulator).
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him shall by no means perish but have eternal life.

Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't too scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Jesus is Lord!

hackiosa

Age 23
they/them
Germany
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
29 posts
11.5 Years
I've been doing a lot of rewriting and fixing of small things recently regarding video emulation, hence I didn't update this thread in the last two weeks. However thanks to the last few commits, NanoboyAdvance now supports (Alpha-)Blending! (screenhots below).

This is on my video emulation TODO list:
- Fix Rotate/Scale sometimes broken for backgrounds
- Implement Rotate/Scale and semi-transparency for sprites/OAM.
- Implement Mosaic.
- Fix other (rather small) bugs.

~Stay Tunes

hackiosa

Age 23
they/them
Germany
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
29 posts
11.5 Years
Small update, the emulator has almost complete audio support for a while now. However I'm rewriting the emulator from the scratch because I've made a lot of bad design decisions in the past and the code is painfully inconsistent, partially very unclean and also slow. I want to do it better now :) Though I now work full time as a programmer, so I don't know when I'll be able to have something working for you! But trust me, I'm working on it, I will keep you up to date :)

Kind Regards,
hackiosa