• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Harambe Joining The Pokémon Franchise?

blue

gucci
Years
I think it would make an excellent Pokemon but I there seems to be some controversial points surrounding it. ;_;

Sirfetch’d

As of 7PM ET on August 11th, the petition has raised over 19,000 signatures

oh my god.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 6, 2018
Well, it will certainly be sent to Nintendo. I don't like the idea. Too controversial to be a Pokémon, especially as a ghost type.

Years
I guess I can see why people would want this, but, I mean, there are countless animals that are killed and mistreated in the world all the time and they can't all be Pokemon. This really isn't the way to remember a specific animal.

Plus, a Ghost-type? That's awful.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
Years
  • Age 33
  • ny
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
Really well designed pokemon. I'm gonna go wiki this guy now to get caught up on the controversy.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 6, 2018
Really well designed pokemon. I'm gonna go wiki this guy now to get caught up on the controversy.

I agree the design is really good. But Harambe should not be interjected into the Pokémon world. It would open up a world of pandering to the internet community, and that's beneath Nintendo and Game Freak.

Years
It would be a great idea for a Pokemon but having a Ghost-type based on an animal that became a meme after his death would just be disheartening. Also, that made-up ability Meat Shield is just horrific.

If this thing became real I could imagine Game Freak receiving death threats for including such a controversial idea. No, just no, Harambe should not be a Pokemon because it just looks like a big insult to the poor animal himself.

If anything, this campaign is a huge stab in the heart for me because of the tragic story of Harambe and it would be disrespectful to make him into a ghost Pokemon (get it?).

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
Years
  • Age 33
  • ny
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
I agree the design is really good. But Harambe should not be interjected into the Pokémon world. It would open up a world of pandering to the internet community, and that's beneath Nintendo and Game Freak.

Trust me gamefreak would never add this guy in. Look what happened with Jynx. Nuff said.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
Title a bit clickbait-y, but I digress...

No. People die every day. Animals die every day. Yet here we are, some jokers want a Pokemon to honour a meme. A rather amusing meme, if I do say so myself (call me heartless, I do think there's a relevant message hidden somewhere in the joke), but regardless.

I saw the video. Gorilla needed to die. Let's just make perfectly clear that people are signing this petition for the meme, not for a gorilla.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Title a bit clickbait-y, but I digress...

pikachu___trollface_by_mnrart-d59tuuq.gif

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I didn't fall for it, haha, I watch Serebii like a hawk and had already seen that fanart. I just don't like clickbait.

Though it's slightly more acceptable when you admit it. Only slightly.

Eh, I don't know. I don't think it's too click baity. I think the title in itself does represent what the core contents of the article is trying to express. As a writer, it's important to be able to immediately grasp the attention of the reader without misinforming them about the contents of the article in question. If I wrote something along the lines of "Through Petition Harambe May Join Pokemon Franchise," it may not garner as many viewers. However, the title I did use with a question mark at the end doesn't validate nor invalidate the possibility of him joining the Pokemon franchise, so I think it's fine.

Nonetheless, there are arguments on either side that justify it being click baity. I think it's fine in the end, but that's just me *shrugs*

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
I'm going to sign this. Harambe was a prophet and since he's died the world has gone to shit he deserves to be remembered in a way like this.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
Eh, I don't know. I don't think it's too click baity. I think the title in itself does represent what the core contents of the article is trying to express. As a writer, it's important to be able to immediately grasp the attention of the reader without misinforming them about the contents of the article in question. If I wrote something along the lines of "Through Petition Harambe May Join Pokemon Franchise," it may not garner as many viewers. However, the title I did use with a question mark at the end doesn't validate nor invalidate the possibility of him joining the Pokemon franchise, so I think it's fine.

Nonetheless, there are arguments on either side that justify it being click baity. I think it's fine in the end, but that's just me *shrugs*
You admit a more accurate title would likely garner less viewers. That isn't exactly saying much about your argument that the title isn't misleading, is it?

It's all well and good that you don't technically lie, but that doesn't change the fact that you write your title intentionally vaguely in order to get the clicks of people who would only click if they thought this article was confirming that Harambe was becoming a Pokemon. I personally don't see why views are so much more valuable than clarity and honesty, but maybe you can fill me in on that because I don't actually know if there is any tangible gain.

And just to be clear, Harambe isn't joining the Pokemon franchise, even if this petition gets 50 000 signatures. The thought is laughable. If I'm wrong, I'll put this paragraph in my signature and it'll stay there until the day I die or this forum dies, whichever comes first. To raise the stakes there a bit, let me say it more. The chance is 0. No, it's less than 0, it's a negative number, that's how impossible this is. GameFreak will never, ever, ever add Harambe. They nearly made Dolly a Pokemon and they even backed out of that one. It's not happening. You would have to be a fool to believe Harambe could ever be a Pokemon. There. Now I'd say I've established how certain I am of this. I'm betting my signature on it.

Years
Okay, I'll be honest. I saw this popping up on my social media feeds over the past day or so, and I legit thought this was real. The screenshot looks so damn official, alongside the artwork for the Fakemon.

Back