• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

odoodo

School Kid
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
Is the explosion bug present in link battles or normal battle too?
its in both, and not just explosion. self-destruct and memento as well. might be because gen3 games resets turn when opp faints. i think what you can do here is if the poke faints before opp makes a move(might die due to confusion as well), then make them like fly/dig/dive(edit: semi-invulnerable) after they die where they cant be targeted and switch after the opp move?

edit 2: so it does it with recoils as well, might just be how gen3 games are programmed but not really that big of a deal as most players would hardly notice it. i think

Last edited:
Years
its in both, and not just explosion. self-destruct and memento as well. might be because gen3 games resets turn when opp faints. i think what you can do here is if the poke faints before opp makes a move(might die due to confusion as well), then make them like fly/dig/dive(edit: semi-invulnerable) after they die where they cant be targeted and switch after the opp move?

edit 2: so it does it with recoils as well, might just be how gen3 games are programmed but not really that big of a deal as most players would hardly notice it. i think

This is something I noticed a while ago while making Lunar Dance. The problem is a bit more complicated due to how GF programmed the whole battle system. Fixing that would require changing a lot of stuff. We may do it, but it's very low priority for now.

Trainer 781

I'm loving the changes to the engine! It's truly what I feel has been missing in Emerald for a very long time.

I have a couple of n00b questions, though I think they are legitimate:

1) Will this work with any rombase that has expanded mons and Dexes? I feel like this would be amazing and give more of a "feel" as though I were playing a "Delta Emerald" of sorts, and

Glad you liked it. :)

Yes, it will. The only thing that you have to do is to change pointers in the bpee or defines file. Not sure which one it is, because KDS has recently changed it. :P
Gonna update the OP to make it clear.

I actually made the engine (mainly the mega evolution) compatible with dex and item expansion such that you do not need to manually mention the offsets for evolution data, basestats data, and the item table. You'll only need to change the no of evolutions per pokemon in the battle_structs.h if you have increased the no. of evolutions per pokemon.

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
I actually made the engine (mainly the mega evolution) compatible with dex and item expansion such that you do not need to manually mention the offsets for evolution data, basestats data, and the item table. You'll only need to change the no of evolutions per pokemon in the battle_structs.h if you have increased the no. of evolutions per pokemon.

I assume this is to be set to a maximum of 8 (as per Eevee and the Eeveelutions (including Sylveon))?

Plus, I think I will re-do my "Expand-locke" in the future with all Pokemon in the dex. Right now I've got two more episodes recorded w/o, so I think it's best to stick with this current run and then do another one in the future. Should be fun!

Trainer 781

I assume this is to be set to a maximum of 8 (as per Eevee and the Eeveelutions (including Sylveon))?

Plus, I think I will re-do my "Expand-locke" in the future with all Pokemon in the dex. Right now I've got two more episodes recorded w/o, so I think it's best to stick with this current run and then do another one in the future. Should be fun!

Yes. That depends on that you followed karatekid's evolution expansion tutorual or not.

Years
Quick Update:
- learnsets are now compatible with Gamer2020's PokemonGameEditor(PGE)
- Mega Evolution is done and OP contains instructions how to set it up
- New additional feature in form of nature colored stats. OP explains how to erase it if you don't want this feature
- Support for expanded Pokemon(read dynamically, so you don't have to change anything)
- Minor bug fixes

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
I just experienced a bug, at Mosdeep city, when steven asks for help, it freezes right after you throw your pokeball, only metang will appear and it just hungs there.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I saw that Mega Evolution is added. I guess I'll have to re-download lol! By the way, what about Primal Reversion and fervent wish Mega Evo? (Mega Evo without a Mega Stone/need a move)

Years
I just experienced a bug, at Mosdeep city, when steven asks for help, it freezes right after you throw your pokeball, only metang will appear and it just hungs there.

So it somehow affected Multi battles, huh? I'll look into it, gonna be fun.
Edit: Could you give me your savefile before that fight?

I saw that Mega Evolution is added. I guess I'll have to re-download lol! By the way, what about Primal Reversion and fervent wish Mega Evo? (Mega Evo without a Mega Stone/need a move)

KDS is already working on that, so it should be done soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
So it somehow affected Multi battles, huh? I'll look into it, gonna be fun.
Edit: Could you give me your savefile before that fight?

KDS is already working on that, so it should be done soon.

here you go.

Attachments

• Pokemon Emerald (U)1.zip
    71.2 KB · Views: 35

Trainer 781

Thanks for spotting this! Multi battles fixed! Nice team, by the way :D

BluRose

blu rass
Years
just a small suggestion that is relatively unimportant, but in gen iv, they changed the switch that occurs after a pokémon faint from happening immediately after the faint to at the end of the turn
a good example occurs in this video at 2:20
the drapion faints and the trainer does not switch until the end of the turn, after krookodile's poison activates
i don't know where exactly this switch occurs relative to the other end-turn things, but it is something nonetheless

crediting xerveltal because i shamefully stole his save file to check that you guys hadn't made it that way already

EDIT:
ok so i'm just going to amass a list here of item effects that still need to be added afaik (unless if not all checks are based off of the item effect)

this is not meant to rush, or even really ask. these are just the items that i believe were left out when it comes to what you guys have been adding

Spoiler:

and for anyone wondering about plate effects
Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
okay so i downloaded everything but im stuck on the cmd part it keeps saying invalid or something like that its not working for me can some please help i have the latest python and devkitpro

BluRose

blu rass
Years
okay so i downloaded everything but im stuck on the cmd part it keeps saying invalid or something like that its not working for me can some please help i have the latest python and devkitpro
so
you need to open cmd from a folder, quite literally
mini-tut of what i'm talking of:
Spoiler:

Trainer 781

just a small suggestion that is relatively unimportant, but in gen iv, they changed the switch that occurs after a pokémon faint from happening immediately after the faint to at the end of the turn
a good example occurs in this video at 2:20
the drapion faints and the trainer does not switch until the end of the turn, after krookodile's poison activates
i don't know where exactly this switch occurs relative to the other end-turn things, but it is something nonetheless

crediting xerveltal because i shamefully stole his save file to check that you guys hadn't made it that way already

I didn't know that it was a generic feature from Gen 4. Might work on this.

EDIT:
ok so i'm just going to amass a list here of item effects that still need to be added afaik (unless if not all checks are based off of the item effect)

this is not meant to rush, or even really ask. these are just the items that i believe were left out when it comes to what you guys have been adding

Spoiler:

Gems are important. Will definitely be done.
Not sure about the balls though. Might save it for the last.
I'll leave Shiny Charm to the hacker. But if there are a good no. of demands I might consider adding the balls and the charm.

and for anyone wondering about plate effects
Spoiler:

The plates will use the same held item in-battle effect bytes which is used for type moves boosting. But I might use the last word in the item table to determine whether the item is a plate or not to account for Arceus form change and plates' being irremovable from a Multitype wielder.
Responses in BOLD.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have added the Rayquaza Mega Evolution and the new Pokemon learn sets are now supported by PGE. You can save them and load it by using PGE's import/export Pokemon function.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2023
I don't know if this is really that "interesting" but as I said earlier i'm currently porting this partly to firered (partly porting, partly writing own code, anyways...)

I also ported your speed routines, and, since I thought testing this all would be a heck of a mess (its partly random anyways) so I wrote a small unit test. Currently it only includes tie break by speed (if a.spd > b.spd or vice-versa) and inverted tie break by speed, like when trickroom is active. It also includes a small "stress test" for complete speed ties. I have yet to implement priority moves, speed changing abilities, paralysis etc.

I just thought it was a neat idea and wanted to inform you, that your routine has passed my current setup:
http://puu.sh/qGlz4/1397d1019d.png
http://puu.sh/qGlzW/cf2c974701.png
(yeah the percentages don't match up, but it didnt bother me too much to fix the maths...)

I'll add more test pages once I finish them if you don't mind.

Keep up the good work!

~SBird

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
Responses in BOLD.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have added the Rayquaza Mega Evolution and the new Pokemon learn sets are now supported by PGE. You can save them and load it by using PGE's import/export Pokemon function.

How do we Enable the Mega Rayquaza evolution in G3T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back