• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Meta Mercury

Who will you pick?

• Cubush (Grass)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Stegruff (Fire)

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Cootle (Water)

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
Years
PAaZFuc.png

iDx6KRu.png

• All 721+ Pokémon will be available in game, with over 100 new Pokémon to discover!
  • New moves given to some pokémon, including some rare moves such as Chansey with Wish.
  • Pokémon have battling potential like never seen before!
  • Mega Evolution and Z-Moves
  • In-depth Story for All Ages
  • 3 Regions to Explore!
  • 3D Overworld!(+)
  • Gen 5 Style!
(+) Plus Feature

Pokémon caught in this game can be exported as a .pkm file and imported into actual cartridge games via in-game means
(requires Action Replay, Flashcarts, Ram2Sav, and/or Pokegen PkHex)
Pokémon can also be exported as text to be used in Pokémon Showdown

The Pokétab
Spoiler:

Field Moves and Abilities
To be covered at trailer release

PokéBodies
To be covered at trailer release

Introducing
dScvjmR.png

The Starter Pokémon
Spoiler:

250px-551Sandile.png

There's a new gang in town, and they have one fierce bite!

Trailer and More Pokémon Coming Soon

Meta Mercury will provide an example of working at the outer boundaries of what RMXP and Essentials can do.
It will also seek to improve the current system to be a more viable developing platform.

Want to contribute to the project?
Fill out this application

Want to see something included?
Let us know what you want to see

Discord Server is now Public
Click to Join:
https://discord.gg/CGYWm9R

Developed using:
Maruno's Pokémon Essentials

Including parts of scripts/resources from:
Klein Studio's Essentials BW
Luka SJ's Elite Battle System
Heretic's Miscellaneous RMXP Scripts
Neo Mode 7

The Entire Original Soundtrack (Work in Progress):

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

oFB5rNg.png
0sAP3tx.png
yMVG8UX.png
4IGkmFI.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
Why not use Unity to make this game? I'm tired of various Pokemon games created with RPGMaker.

Years
Why not use Unity to make this game? I'm tired of various Pokemon games created with RPGMaker.

If he uses Unity he will have to start from zero so it would take too much time. So rmxp is going to be used most of the time. Anyone that takes a different path other than rmxp will have to code a lot of stuff.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Looking good, I've been lurking /heg/ and have been really impressed with the game's progress. Regardless, it might be a good idea to provide some additional information about the game, such as its main premise/storyline, as well as art of the starters that you've referenced in the poll. If you have any screenshots of events from the game itself, it might be worth adding that.

One critique I'd like to make is on your PokeTab's dexnav interface, despite the information being clearly conveyed there, everything looks fairly jumbled at the moment. I made a mockup of some potential edits that you could make in order to have it feel more clean and ergonomic: http://i.imgur.com/mHTiIzY.png

I'm not sure if its feasible to get every asset and sprite perfectly positioned via progamming alone, but perhaps the edit can give you some ideas on how to clean up the Poketab's dexnav look.

One final thing, screenshots look a lot better and resemble the cartridge games more closely when you resize them by 50% [smaller], rather than taking them at half size. Anyways, the game looks great so far and good luck with its development.

Years
Now the game doesn't a story or plot? I think you should have added that if there is one because that's what most of the time makes a game interesting. Now 721+100 that's too much also with the 3 regions unless you make them small. I sugguest you get about 150 original and then the other 100 fakemon. I discussed that in this thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=374609 you should check out other threads also which could help you in your game. Now 3d overworld I wonder how you are going to manage that in an engine that is made for rpg making which is considered 2d maybe you got confused a little. Also this is just to help you it's like a friendly criticize other than that I wish you luck in your game.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
If he uses Unity he will have to start from zero so it would take too much time. So rmxp is going to be used most of the time. Anyone that takes a different path other than rmxp will have to code a lot of stuff.

But Unity has support for 3D graphics, RPG Maker not only supports 2D graphics, and Mode 7 is nothing more than a false 3D.

Years
But Unity has support for 3D graphics, RPG Maker not only supports 2D graphics, and Mode 7 is nothing more than a false 3D.

that's why I said that he should forget about the 3d stuff and just make the game normally with rmxp and I told you even though Unity can make games in 3d you will have to put a lot of effort hence my second post where I give advice to him.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
that's why I said that he should forget about the 3d stuff and just make the game normally with rmxp and I told you even though Unity can make games in 3d you will have to put a lot of effort hence my second post where I give advice to him.
I care if it's too much effort or not. I want a Pokemon game made in Unity and make it more like Nintendo DS games. I have seen many Pokemon games that were made in RPGMaker but not perfectly mimic DS games because RPGMaker only supports 2D graphics.

In addition, I want to take your time, eventually you become accustomed and better handle such tools.

Take for example this Reddit user also has a YouTube channel where is making a Pokemon game in Unity, and I want to do the same this man and I leave a link for progress:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonUnity/

Years
I care if it's too much effort or not. I want a Pokemon game made in Unity and make it more like Nintendo DS games. I have seen many Pokemon games that were made in RPGMaker but not perfectly mimic DS games because RPGMaker only supports 2D graphics.

In addition, I want to take your time, eventually you become accustomed and better handle such tools.

Take for example this Reddit user also has a YouTube channel where is making a Pokemon game in Unity, and I want to do the same this man and I leave a link for progress:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonUnity/

You can aspire to do what you want, stop trying to force your opinions on him. The project you linked isn't complete, nor is the source code released. Making a game is already a huge undertaking even with the already well made tools like Essentials, making your own framework from scratch in a brand new engine is a monumental achievement, and will take even longer. You can't really fault people for not wanting to do that.

Years
Looking good, I've been lurking /heg/ and have been really impressed with the game's progress. Regardless, it might be a good idea to provide some additional information about the game, such as its main premise/storyline, as well as art of the starters that you've referenced in the poll. If you have any screenshots of events from the game itself, it might be worth adding that.

One critique I'd like to make is on your PokeTab's dexnav interface, despite the information being clearly conveyed there, everything looks fairly jumbled at the moment. I made a mockup of some potential edits that you could make in order to have it feel more clean and ergonomic: http://i.imgur.com/mHTiIzY.png

I'm not sure if its feasible to get every asset and sprite perfectly positioned via progamming alone, but perhaps the edit can give you some ideas on how to clean up the Poketab's dexnav look.

One final thing, screenshots look a lot better and resemble the cartridge games more closely when you resize them by 50% [smaller], rather than taking them at half size. Anyways, the game looks great so far and good luck with its development.

Thanks for the tip I'm still deciding on what exactly to include on this screen, but I'll make these edits you suggested.
You can center the sprites pretty well using just programming, too.

Years
Now the game doesn't a story or plot? I think you should have added that if there is one because that's what most of the time makes a game interesting. Now 721+100 that's too much also with the 3 regions unless you make them small. I sugguest you get about 150 original and then the other 100 fakemon. I discussed that in this thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=374609 you should check out other threads also which could help you in your game. Now 3d overworld I wonder how you are going to manage that in an engine that is made for rpg making which is considered 2d maybe you got confused a little. Also this is just to help you it's like a friendly criticize other than that I wish you luck in your game.
I'll provide the first bit of plot information at the release of the trailer.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 19, 2016
Oooh, being able to export to smogon will be REALLY cool! Especially in Nuzlockes, if you win you can (kind of) keep the Pokemon you trained up all that time! Good idea.

Back