Started by walnut3072 March 29th, 2016 7:22 AM
  • 227 replies
Male
Seen September 10th, 2016
Posted September 9th, 2016
6 posts
3 Years
Hey,
I created a patch of Moonsilver with the 6th gen typchart. the rom boots but if this have an error or not idk. you guys need to test it yourself.
Thanks a lot, it works for me (I'm using a DSi with r4i card, not an emulator), but there're quite a few bugs:

My spiritomb is dark/ghost, only weak agaist fairy, but ghost moves also deal x2 damage on him, just like normal ghosts.

Dragon moves deal 0 damage to fairies, instead of x0.5

Ghost moves deal x0.5 damage to dragons, instead of x1

Apparently Bite (dark) deal x1 damage to Haunter (Ghost), but I'm not sure

Btw, which tools did you use? I want to fix them myself but I couldn't find any tools to edit the type chart, only pokemons/moves/maps/items editor..

update: I got gen 6 type chart hex code (thanks to meromero, goo.gl/zmyVs7), but I couldn't overwrite it using Crystal Tile 2 (the save button grey, Ctrl + S didn't work). Any help?
Female
Seen February 7th, 2017
Posted September 24th, 2016
12 posts
5 Years
Thanks a lot, it works for me (I'm using a DSi with r4i card, not an emulator), but there're quite a few bugs:

My spiritomb is dark/ghost, only weak agaist fairy, but ghost moves also deal x2 damage on him, just like normal ghosts.

Dragon moves deal 0 damage to fairies, instead of x0.5

Ghost moves deal x0.5 damage to dragons, instead of x1

Apparently Bite (dark) deal x1 damage to Haunter (Ghost), but I'm not sure

Btw, which tools did you use? I want to fix them myself but I couldn't find any tools to edit the type chart, only pokemons/moves/maps/items editor..

update: I got gen 6 type chart hex code (thanks to meromero, goo.gl/zmyVs7), but I couldn't overwrite it using Crystal Tile 2 (the save button grey, Ctrl + S didn't work). Any help?
Fairies are immune to Dragon moves actually. That part is correct. But yeah, the ghost type's a bit off. Darks no long resist Ghosts and Dragons are now resistant to Ghosts. Still better to deal with than this game's previous type chart definitely, but it's not perfect.
Male
Seen September 8th, 2016
Posted September 5th, 2016
1 posts
3 Years
I'm probably going to start up moon silver pretty soon. I patched storm silver on my computer, then brought it over to my phone, playing it on drastic.

How can you get time to pass, for apricorns to repopulate , and for Kurt to finish your poke balls?

Would you say this rom is bug free? Will I run into problems in my play through ?
Male
Seen September 10th, 2016
Posted September 9th, 2016
6 posts
3 Years
I'm probably going to start up moon silver pretty soon. I patched storm silver on my computer, then brought it over to my phone, playing it on drastic.

How can you get time to pass, for apricorns to repopulate , and for Kurt to finish your poke balls?

Would you say this rom is bug free? Will I run into problems in my play through ?
As far as I know, nds simulators cannot get time to pass

Quantaris

Age 34
Male
Shaw, MS USA
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted April 17th, 2019
102 posts
13.7 Years
Now this hack has so many features that I am blown away, walnut3072. My favorite feature is the move changes, very well thought out. I played some of it and enjoyed it especially how you can get most pokemon early that you normally would get. I love that fact that you labeled Moon Silver as an expansion for Sacred Storm which is awesome. Your screens are wonderful!

Check out my page on Facebook Computers And Fanarts
Male
Seen January 19th, 2017
Posted January 14th, 2017
6 posts
7.5 Years
Dear PokeCommunity users I stuck on the safari zone gate because of the grunts. I have defeated every grunt on the way but still no change... What should I do to get them away? Is it connected with the event of Drayano mentioned on the first page?

Edit: I found the solution in case anyone gets stuck on the same area: try to heal your pokemon inside the nearby pokemon center!

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ

Age 25
Non-binary
聖なる森
Seen April 9th, 2019
Posted September 28th, 2016
29 posts
3.4 Years
First of all this looks like one amazing, detailed hack that I'm really excited to play. I really appreciate your creativity in all the changes you have made, however, I have a stipulation.

Is there a version of MoonSilver available WITHOUT the changes to type matchings available? I understand your logic in changing certain types but I'd rather have the option of sticking to the original match ups.

Would this be possible?

spasticbuddha

"You can't ignore my girth"

Male
South Carolina, America
Seen October 2nd, 2016
Posted October 2nd, 2016
37 posts
8.4 Years
It is fixed that gardevoir is only physic instead of Physic and Fairy? only waiting that to play the rom :(
No, but it's a really simple fix to do yourself. Patch the rom, then open the patched rom in PPRE and find Gardevoir, then change its type.

Awec

Maniacal Egotist ~

Seen October 2nd, 2018
Posted October 21st, 2017
25 posts
12 Years
Overall, its a nice homage to Drayano's hack. Tho I can't be help but bothered with some of these changes, so I made my own changes using PPRE.
Somehow I still couldn't edit Castform, the changes doesn't seem to take effect.

Either way, thanks! Having a blast with it.
Chances are that your problem with Castform is that its color (for the Pokedex or something) is set to something that PPRE doesn't like and so it refuses to save your changes because it thinks you're trying to set an invalid colour. I've had this problem in the past, try changing it and then making your other changes.
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
34 posts
4.3 Years
Chances are that your problem with Castform is that its color (for the Pokedex or something) is set to something that PPRE doesn't like and so it refuses to save your changes because it thinks you're trying to set an invalid colour. I've had this problem in the past, try changing it and then making your other changes.
Hmm. I didn't edit anything related to the color but I did changed its base typing..
Anyway, I've reverted the type changes and everything else seems back to normal. Thanks for the tip, I guess. :)
Male
Seen November 19th, 2016
Posted November 19th, 2016
4 posts
2.8 Years
Do you know any website from where I can download 3DS emulator? I came across Citra emulator on this website http://citra-emu.org/

But it doesn't seem to be working. I tried few more websites like this: [link redacted]

But nothing is working. I really want to play pokemon sun on PC using emulator.

Please tell me.

Thanks
Advertiser Content