• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ???? A Star Is Born! ????

Years
🌟 A Star Is Born! 🌟

Fresh start gallery. No CSS because it's not like I ever updated my first page in the first place and I don't really like putting everything into endless spoilers anyways.

More recent work includes...

A commission for Ben! (Achromatic)
2wuP2go.png

The mouth animates too!
Spoiler:

1NY23ky.png

Sketch of my current Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate character.

Years
Hay, I'll drop a comment! :D It's been awhile since I've seen your work!

Augh, I love the coloring choice you did for your first piece! Your sketch is also fantastic! I'm a fan of your style and the combination of that texture from the brushstrokes.

I don't want to write a whole big crit just because sketches are harder for me to comment on because it's at a starting stage. I don't feel like it would be fair aha sketching looks different for everyone - but I love the linework so far. The commission has some balance issue with the shoulders, but other than that, I find it super charming! The design really looks like a Pokemon character but has your style fused with it.

Lovely work, yo!​

Years
I spent far too long messing about with this is pyxel edit, photoshop, and then adobe premiere, just starting out from starbound items then trying to figure out the lighting programs on each, and then having fun exporting with gif settings.

c6qn8G7.png
BvvvzOT.gif

The basic set up.

hcYNwXh.png

Lighting with photoshop filter into about 5 images and fading between them.
nkwCYcG.png

bCYbONm.gif
endless loop
frim5kv.gif
4 color gif setting

Then a try at adobe premier. I tried to do it in this because I could (a little complicatedly) layer gifs over things, and also do lighting. Turns out their lighting system is kinda complicated and I kept messing things up. Being able to track the lights is handy though.

TANPu0t.gif

I said before in discord, it might be easier to learn how to use a game engine if I ever wanted to mock something up like this in the future.

Years
Man it's been literally like half a decade since I'm messed with pokemon sprites.

poYqm3c.png

uSW36V1.gif
6m7J7Pq.gif
81ROlUC.gif
rBbx4IU.gif

Last edited:
Years
9n0joSD.png

Have a Nia sketch, because I had a random idea of her in pigtails and it was a very cute thought.

Years
These are actually quite embarrassingly old and very wonky from my beginning of college, but I was reminded of them because of a friend so I thought I would share! They're so old, they're from when I was still using Paint Tool Sai. (Might be 4 years ago now?)
This is from the class I did, Illustration of Children's Books! I wanted to have a story about how to properly handle a cat. In the end, I liked very few of the finished pages, but there were some cute and more freeing sketches that came from it.

Concept sketches:

Spoiler:

Layout:
Spoiler:

The only final images I care to show ;p
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Aa Niiina, I love your photography! Especially the water pictures, and especccially the one with only sunglimmery water. Very tasteful.

And of course your art too (;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 14, 2016
Your choice of colors is super impressive. Do you have a book or blog you recommend or where did you learn that? Very nice!

Years
Your choice of colors is super impressive. Do you have a book or blog you recommend or where did you learn that? Very nice!

I'm sorry I didn't see this till now!

Unfortunately I don't have a specific technique or system I use to pick colors, I've just learned color theory which can be taught in a number of ways and paid attention to other artworks with colors I enjoy.

And for what I came here, a stray sprite coming your way.

unknown.png

This is a pixel over of the official art, but colored a bit differently and brighter. I usually don't do pixels this large, or use this many colors with heavy AA, but I gave it a go.

Oh yes! As well, here is work I did for my friend angie! (colours)

unknown.png

THIS next dump, is from a paid project. It been months of no contact and the game it was going to be for seems to have been taken off the development roster, so I thought I'd finally show them. So, if these things seem a little odd given my tastes, it's because it's for someone else's vision. (I also didn't sign an NDA, I was just trying to respectful and wait for release, but it seems...)

scrapped_bg.png

obsticles_static.png
enemy_shark.gif

transformation_idle.gif
transformation.gif

squid_invincible.gif
squid_grab.gif
enemy_puffer.gif

transformation_cthulu.gif

Years
Since it seems the story for the big bang didn't getting ended up posted, I'll put up the artwork here that I did for it. The work in progress in which I based it on is in this thread under Negrek.

nMaJTl6.png

Back