• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

No Move Left Behind Challenge

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Petilil wants to learn a cruddy move! Should a badass move be replaced for a cruddy move? Sadly, yes. Yes it should. That's the idea behind this challenge: every move that comes your way must be learned by replacing whatever your oldest move is at the time the new one comes around. Through meticulous planning, one can make sure the best moves are at their disposal for the challenge -- or you can go head first and throw caution to the wind. How will you handle it?​

The Rules
1. When learning a new move, whatever the oldest move you have it, it must be deleted in favor of the new move. For example, if Torchic knows, by order of how moves were learned, Scratch, Growl, Ember, and Focus Energy, when it tries to learn Peck, Scratch would be discarded. When Double Kick comes next, Growl would be discarded. So on and so forth.
2. Cheating/hacking in certain Pokemon is not allowed. As this challenge does not require a certain roster of party members, there's no reason for it.
3. Trading is allowed for evolution items, Mega Stones, or to perform an evolution.
4. HM slaves are required and cannot be used in battle.
5. TMs, HMs and move tutors may not be on main party members. Move relearner moves, however, may be taught because they come from the Pokemon's natural learnset. However when learning one, your oldest move must be deleted. Plan accordingly!
6. Exp Share can be used in gen VI -- but be careful. May end up getting you to a move you wouldn't want for whatever gym lies ahead.
7. Legendaries are not allowed.
8. Pokemon with small level-up movesets are not allowed (Unown, Smeargle, Wynaut, etc.)
9. Challenge ends after defeating the Champion.

Sign-up form
Username: Schwann
Game: White 2

Participants
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
RosaChallenge.png

Alli | White 2 | Badges: 1

498.gif

Beans lv. 11
Timid | Blaze
[ Tackle | Tail Whip | Ember | Odor Sleuth ]

191.gif

Hinawa lv. 12
Impish | Chlorophyll
[ Mega Drain | Growth | Ingrain | Grasswhistle ]

179.gif

Janna lv. 12
Brave | Static
[ Cotton Spore | Growl | Thunder Wave | ThunderShock ]

So far, so good. That was actually my best run on Cheren. I normally always struggle with him. The team is probably going to shift at some point, mainly because I am not a huge fan of the Tepig line, but he does a good enough job for now. I haven't had to sacrifice anything really good so far, but I did have to give up Janna's Tackle for Cotton Spore, so...yeah. There's that. lol So her only attack is ThunderShock at the moment. But yeah, onto the next town! And I'm not looking forward to it because I friggin' hate the PokeStar Studio stuff. It's so agonizing.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Username: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Yellow

This is gunna be good..

But what if the moves would make the Pokemon have no attacking moves? Do we just have to switch train one? Ive had Pokemon before that will learn a bunch of status moves in a row like Eevee, I just want to clarifiy if I just have to go ahead and switch train it for a while.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Username: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Yellow

This is gunna be good..

But what if the moves would make the Pokemon have no attacking moves? Do we just have to switch train one? Ive had Pokemon before that will learn a bunch of status moves in a row like Eevee, I just want to clarifiy if I just have to go ahead and switch train it for a while.

You would have to switch train, correct. You can be meticulous about it and plan things out if you like, or you can just go in guns a'blazing and not take consideration as to what your Pokemon will learn. Just depends on how you want to play it. But the point still stands that you have to delete the oldest move for the newest each time one comes around.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Can I play on an emulator?

If so:
Username: 5qwerty
Game: Emerald

Progress (will update per Gym):
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
This challenge is really innovative and looks mad fun! I'm gonna give it a whirl on Pokémon Leaf Green! I'll probably be back tonight with a little update once I get started, wish me luck!

UPDATE

Don't wanna over elaborate with a lengthy post, I'll try get more screenshots for the next update (which will probably be up later tonight, aha).

No Move Left Behind!
Pokémon Leaf Green - 2/8
002.png
056.png
033.png
039.png

f2ebab273d914ad4a9c92e80dcef6075.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandhi Savage

Years
UPDATE #2

here's the tl;dr version

No Move Left Behind!
Pokémon Leaf Green - 5/8
003.png
057.png
034.png
051.png
038.png

and now here is the longer version ft. some screenshots n junk

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Happy to see more sign ups! Hope you guys have fun with it. (: I should be all caught up on the participants list, but if I have missed anyway, feel free to let me know. Edit: why is there so much space on that growlithe sprite h elp ME........

RosaChallenge.png

Alli | White 2 | Badges: 2

191.gif

Hinawa lv. 16
Impish | Chlorophyll
[ Mega Drain | Leech Seed | Razor Leaf | Grasswhistle ]

180.gif

Janna lv. 17
Brave | Static
[ Cotton Spore | Charge | Thunder Wave | ThunderShock ]

058.gif

Maxwell lv. 17
Calm | Flash Fire
[ Helping Hand | Flame Wheel | Leer | Odor Sleuth ]

Yeah I knew Tepig wasn't gonna stay long. I had to get a puppy. He suits me better. I don't have much to say, though. Not a lot happened since the last update aside from swapping piggy for puppy haha.

Last edited:
Years
Progress:
Rustboro Gym:
Spr_3e_259.png

Skipper, Level 16
Relaxed Nature | Torrent
Bide, Mud Shot, Mud-Slap Water Gun
Spr_3e_261.png

Karma, Level 6
Quiet | Run Away
Tackle, Howl
Spr_3e_263.png

Zigglypuff, Level 2
Brave | Pickup
Tackle, Growl, Cut
Spr_3e_183.png

Pikablu, Level 4
Sassy | Huge Power
Tackle, Defense Curl
Note: I only used Karma for Double Battles and Zigzagoon and Marill is Not really Team Members, I just Caught them, I also caught a Cascoon but I put it in the box so Who Cares? Roxanne is Too Easy but Nosepass gave me a Challenge and This is a Nuzlocke so I missed out a Shroomish.
Let me Know If I'm doing Wrong.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
HOLY DAMNZ I WANT IN!
Username: Blastin'TyruntZ
Game: Blaze Black

Update!
Picked Snivy, did all the start stuff till you get them bawlz
Snivy's name is Craig. If you ask any questions, I *will* cut you.
I got to accumula and saved, maybe i'll continue in a bit later.
Team:
Craig (Snivy), lvl 7
-Pound
-Leer
-Vine Whip

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Updated my post with stuff. I've beaten the E4 and the Champion.

Years
Username: Sheep
Game: Black 2

Gonna make sure I finish this time. Yay! Will edit this with progress if no one posts after me.

498.gif

Syrup♂ | Lv. 12
Tackle, Tail Whip, Ember, Odor Sleuth

506.gif

Ruffle♂ | Lv. 9
Leer, Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Bite

Last edited:
Years
UPDATE SOULSILVER
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
Badges: 1 // Black 2

498.gif

Syrup♂ | Lv. 14
Defense Curl, Tail Whip, Ember, Odor Sleuth

506.gif

Ruffle♂ | Lv. 15
Helping Hand, Take Down, Odor Sleuth, Bite

081.gif

Meg | Lv. 10
Tackle, Supersonic, ThunderShock

Gotta pick out a water and flying type.. hmmmmmmmmm. Was gonna pick up Growlithe but then I remembered I already had Tepig. D:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: Ahri
Game: OR

Planned Team:

blaziken.gif
mawile.gif
azumarill.gif
flygon.gif

Will use a marill and a zigzagoon for HMs

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
username: Disturb Not The Harmony
game: Red

Spoiler:

A fun run; everything went pretty much as planned, minus Champion Rival's Blastoise scoring a lucky hit or two. Hit a minor snag due to not realizing Body Slam would overwrite Water Gun on Lapras, but later recovered. Actually went better than some of my TM-abusing runs. :P

Years
Badges: 2 // Black 2

499.gif

Syrup♂ | Lv. 17
Defense Curl, Flame Charge, Arm Thrust, Odor Sleuth

506.gif

Ruffle♂ | Lv. 15
Helping Hand, Take Down, Odor Sleuth, Bite

081.gif

Meg | Lv. 15
Thunder Wave, Supersonic, ThunderShock, SonicBoom

Magnemite really pulled through in Roxie's gym. Completely forgot steel is immune to poison until I got in the battle. Happy with my team so far, this is my first time actually using the Tepig line so it's a nice change of pace from the usual Snivy. Whee. Now to think about my next team member..

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years
UPDATE #3

here's the tl;dr version

No Move Left Behind!
Pokémon Leaf Green - 6/8
003.png
057.png
034.png
051.png
038.png
131.png

Spoiler:

I planned on finishing the game tonight but I'm SO tired! Wahhh. Need to do the Safari zone but I don't have it in me atm.​

Back