• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Alolan Muk and New Characters for Sun and Moon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Woo! Was right about Bounsweet evolving twice :D I really like both designs to. The last evo reminds me of Tsunade from Naruto kinda. Don't think a lot of people will know how to pronounce it's name if they haven't watched animes.

I actually really love Alolan Muk, but I don't get the dark typing at all. However, Muk proves that those were not teeth on Grimer, which most though. It is trash that has gotten stuck,

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Wow, Alola Muk looks super odd! I like the way its color scheme "moves" when it's in battle, but that's an odd design '-' Not a huge fan of it, but it's good!

I don't have to much to say about Silvally (what a strange name '-') and Jangmo-o's evolutions. It's nice to see their unique moves, such as Multi-Attack (for Type:Null's evolution) and Clanging Scales (for Kommo-o).

Bounsweet's evolution looks ADORABLE OMG. Especially its middle stage form *-* Tsareena looks kind of weird though '-' I like them nonetheless. I'd like to know what does Queenly Majesty (is Tsareena supposed to represent a queen or princess? Something like Vespiqueen?) do? I like the animation of its unique move though ^^ I wouldn't mind using it, but I'm going with Lurantis *-*

So they finally announced Cutiefly's evo, Ribombee. I don't think this thing is going to evolve, since they revealed, in this trailer, the full evolution line of some Pokémon, so yeah...

I like the new characters! I love Olivia's design, and it's great to see a female Kahuna.
Ilima is the normal-type Trial Captain then. Is he/she a boy or a girl? I'm kind of confused @.@

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
The trial looks cool, would love to see more of that. Other than that nothing we didn't already know and a rainbowcatthing Muk.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
lol rainbow muk

But another ability that negates priority moves?

And the similarities between Type Null, Silvally, and Arceus make me more curious about it....

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
It looks like there's more than just the initial 4 Kahunas. If we were to count that, we get 6 already. What if... there's actually 2 more, just like the usual Gym Leader system?

By the way, I'm intrigued with the Queenly Majesty ability. Does it disables/blocks any move used by the foe on the first turn it's sent out or switched in? Or maybe when Tsareena is sent out or switched in? Or probably something else like blocking priority?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It looks like there's more than just the initial 4 Kahunas. If we were to count that, we get 6 already. What if... there's actually 2 more, just like the usual Gym Leader system?

By the way, I'm intrigued with the Queenly Majesty ability. Does it disables/blocks any move used by the foe on the first turn it's sent out or switched in? Or maybe when Tsareena is sent out or switched in? Or probably something else like blocking priority?

The English website makes it fairly clear that there are only 4 Kahunas, one per island. There may be one on a later island, but from what we know, there is only 4. I don't think the center island will have one. We do have 5 Trial Captains though, which are different from the Kahunas.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Just saw these, a bigger update then I expected. We got another full 3 stage line detailed which was nice. The evolutions to bounsweet are neat, surprised by pure grass typing though. I like Alolan Muk better then Grimer though.

And it's odd we haven't seen Alolan Persian yet.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Silvally's name is a bit silly if you ask me. Silvadi sounds a bit more badass. But it's not as ridiculous as Type: Null.

Hakamo-o and Kommo-o look very cool, and I have a feeling this'll be Alola's pseudo-legendary. Although I would've kept the name Jararanga for the last evo.

Bounsweet's evolutions look very nice. I didn't want Bounsweet at first, but these gals could make me change my mind. Although they would've made great counterparts for the Fomantis line if Bounsweet didn't exist, and Queenly Majesty seems to be a Dazzling clone.

Ribombee... meh...

So Alola Grimer and Muk get Bite and Crunch? I think they should get Knock Off too!

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
A very good reveal for me here:

Alohan Muk looks a lot better in Alohan form than it's regular form. Dark typing makes next to no sense but credit to the designers for giving a new lease of life to a much forgotten Pokemon.

Tsareena may well be my favourite Alohan Pokemon revealed so far. I like the elegance of the design of it and the lore saying it is a Queen is a nice touch. She has a little crown on her head similar to Lilligant. Are the two connected somehow? I am also curious as to how it evolves into its final form.

It's is slightly disappointing Tsareena is pure Grass Type similar to Bellossom, Lilligant and Lurantis. I can see myself using both.

Cutiefly's evolution looks cute too.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
did any1 noice that the new Kahuna has only 3 Pokemon on hand? Same was with the Ala or w/e was his name

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Speaking of Silvally's name....I thought that they might have gone with something more robotic sounding like Type: Null

It appears to block priority, like Bruxish's ability Dazzling does.

Game Freak must really have come to hate Talonflame or something, giving a Water type and then a Grass type an anti-priority ability, as well as a Rock type with a priority Rock attack lol

Years
Tsareena has definitely made it on my team fabulous! Gonna pair it with my Ampharos and Aromatisse. That team is gonna eliminate with pure elegance.

Kommo-o looks totally cool in-game. He looks triumphed through rigorous training.

Rainbow Muk just makes want to ask more questions about it, but I love it. It must've mix it' polluted body with all the gems in Alola? I oddly love it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Woo! Was right about Bounsweet evolving twice :D I really like both designs to. The last evo reminds me of Tsunade from Naruto kinda. Don't think a lot of people will know how to pronounce it's name if they haven't watched animes.

I actually really love Alolan Muk, but I don't get the dark typing at all. However, Muk proves that those were not teeth on Grimer, which most though. It is trash that has gotten stuck,
I think it's said like the Russian word for Queen. Which is likely the inspiration for the name.

I wonder if Silvally is even the final. I'm getting a bronze, silver vibe from Null and Silvally so I wonder if a golden might exist. Maybe Type: Null will be a pseudo not only in it's lore.

Years
My initial opinions are that

- Silvally still looks awesome and I can't wait to make it pink with the fairy item.
- Jangmo-o's evolutions look better as in game models imo.
- Steenee is really cute, but Tsareena is a bit meh, I think this might be a rare case of the first stage pokémon being the best in an evolution line.
- Ribombee is just pure forgettable.
- Muk is actually awesome rocking the rainbow colours. It makes Grimer's alolan form look slightly less disappointing.

Back