• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reborn! Dying Will Flames Challenge

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Hello and welcome, this Challenge is based around the different Flame types in the show Hitman Reborn! You can either take a test to see your own Flame type or choose one at random, along with the option of all Flame type choices.

A brief summary of the Flames for any who havent watched or read the series; A Flame is a differently colored and powered energy in some people that give them different powers based on the type. There are seven types, with each having their own attributes that usually are influenced by their personality in some way. The Flames are later used as weapons/weapon supporters in the story. As such, whichever Flame type/s you use will have different specifications, as well as which Mafia family you choose to allience with.

This seems to be the best quiz Ive found tonight, but of course you may choose your own type or search for another test.

Flame Type Attributes:

Sky: This Flame type stands for Harmony. Normally a great leader skill. Must at least use a starter*(from the professors, not traded in), a Normal type, a Pokemon that can use Fly, and a Pokemon that evolves through happiness. For Gen I, instead of happiness you must use Eevee.
*If your game is randomized/a hack with different starters, use one of them.

Storm: This Flame type stands for Disentigration. You must use at least a Fire type, a Pokemon that evolves twice, a Pokemon whos highest base stat is Special Attack(/Special in Gen I, and a Pokemon that can learn a weather changing move/Ability(and must have said move or Ability as soon as possible).

Rain: This Flame type stands for Tranquility. You must use at least a Water type, a Pokemon with a Sleep causing move(ie Yawn, Sleep Powder, Hypnosis, etc), a Pokemon that evolves with a Stone, and four-legged Pokemon.

Lightning: This Flame type stands for Hardening. You must use at least a Pokemon with Harden/Defense Curl/any other defense raising moves, an Electric type, a Pokemon that evolves from a baby Pokemon(caught in a later evo or hatched etc), and a Pokemon Ash had in the anime.*
*Link to the Pokemon Ash has owned.

Sun: This Flame type stands for Activation. You must use at least a Fighting type, a Pokemon with a self healing move(counting Leech Seed), a Pokemon that gains a new type when it evolves, and a humanshaped Egggroup Pokemon.

Mist: This Flame type stands for Construction. You must use at least a Dark(Psychic in Gen I) type, a Pokemon with Psychic, a Pokemon with Mist and/or Defog, and a Pokemon who's name is a Pallindrome(Eevee, Girafarig, Alomomola...).

Cloud: This Flame type stands for Propagation. You must use at least a Pokemon with a draining move(Toxic, Leech Seed, any Poison inducing move), a Pokemon with a move that absorbs the opponents HP(Leech Life, Absorb, etc), a pseudo-legendary*, and a Pokemon that doesnt evolve in the game youre playing(such as Sneasel im Gen II being ok, but not im Gen IV, or any basic non-evolving Pokemon). Megas do not count as an evolution.
*Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydriegon, or Goodra.

You may hack in whatever Pokemon you want, shiny and ivs and all too, but keep the moves legal. Egg moves for them are ok. You may stack the criteria, so that in Sky Firered your Charizard counts as a Flier and your starter.

Famiglia Alliance

Choose one alliance to play the rest of the rules by:

Vongola: Your Pokemon must have a themed nickname, and gen II onward must each hold an item, even a Berry will do. No keeping HM slaves unless absolutely needed and your team cant learn the move you need to continue. Nickname the HM user as well. Only use the items you find, no buying unless you need to for Pokeballs for your Pokemon. Max 10 Pokeballs bought.

Cavallone: You must have at least two of your Pokemon with you before the first Gym. Your main transportation is the Bike, not walking or running. Add a traded(ingame or otherwise) Pokemon to your team. Only use normal Pokeballs to catch and no Full Restores to heal.

Varia: While not technically a family, theyre counted. A greedy group, you may not buy more than 10 items in any city, 20 in department stores. You may not sell Nuggets. Only buy the best item bersion once its available(Great ball > Pokeball, Soda pop > Super Potion, Full Heal > Antidote, etc) and sell the old item for profit.

Millifiore: Play on Set mode. Have at least one Pokemon at the same level as the Gym leaders highest Pokemon(does not count toward League, Red, or Kanto's Gyms in GSC/HGSS). No held items.

Username:
Game:
Flame type:
Alliance:

Challengers:
One or more Flames.
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
One Flame in each Region.
Spoiler:

Champions:
The Hall of Fame for those who beat one:
Spoiler:

My sign up:

Username: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Crystal
Flame: Sky
Alliance: Varia

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I'll join. Please add me to the challenge.

Username: Volt5
Game: Black 2
Flame: Lightning
Alliance: Varia

Added! ^^ Have fun and thanks for signing up!!!

Also updating my game that i forgot to start bc ive been busy but:
Spoiler:

Babu the male Quilava (Starter)
Clor the female Poliwag (Other)
Burb the male Togepi (Normal, Happiness)
-
-
-

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
Years
Username:HyperJono
Flame type: Cloud
Alliance: Vongola

Pretty awesome challenge,I love the look it so sign me up

I also have a couple of suggestions for you to include to help people get a better understanding of your challenge.
You should include a list of the pseudo-legendarie and rather than have people searching for the Pokemon Ash's team include a link to the bulbapedia page about Ash

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys. Here's the update of my progress so far for the challenge:

Update
Spoiler:

Magnemite (Electric)
Magby (Baby)
Sandile (Ash's Pokemon)
-
-
-

In PC
Snivy

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Username:HyperJono
Flame type: Cloud
Alliance: Vongola

Pretty awesome challenge,I love the look it so sign me up

I also have a couple of suggestions for you to include to help people get a better understanding of your challenge.
You should include a list of the pseudo-legendarie and rather than have people searching for the Pokemon Ash's team include a link to the bulbapedia page about Ash

Thanks for signing up and the suggestions! In all honesty, I had come up with this when it was getting late and I didnt even think it would be different to add links and stuff, really a good idea tho. :| Thanks, added those and you!

HyperJono

Years
Thanks for signing up and the suggestions! In all honesty, I had come up with this when it was getting late and I didnt even think it would be different to add links and stuff, really a good idea tho. :| Thanks, added those and you!

Welcome and thanks And I realised you haven't included the Simon Famiglia. Was they by choice or did you just forget about them?

And is it okay if I use the dream radar to get some of the Pokemon I need for my team?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Welcome and thanks And I realised you haven't included the Simon Famiglia. Was they by choice or did you just forget about them?

And is it okay if I use the dream radar to get some of the Pokemon I need for my team?

Tbh I havent fully finished either the manga or anime despite starting like 5 years ago.. I dont recall much about any families besides these but I could always add more in if needed, Id have to look at them cause I cant remember if thats Enma's or someone else's but I recognize the name.. Trying to finish the series but irl stuff stopped me this week so maybe Ill watch at night now and add more on. Also Millifiore was originally gunna be split in White Spell and Black Spell but I wasnt sure how to add different things to them so eh..

And yes, any way you want/need to get a legal Pokemon is good.

HyperJono

Years
Tbh I havent fully finished either the manga or anime despite starting like 5 years ago.. I dont recall much about any families besides these but I could always add more in if needed, Id have to look at them cause I cant remember if thats Enma's or someone else's but I recognize the name.. Trying to finish the series but irl stuff stopped me this week so maybe Ill watch at night now and add more on. Also Millifiore was originally gunna be split in White Spell and Black Spell but I wasnt sure how to add different things to them so eh..

And yes, any way you want/need to get a legal Pokemon is good.

Yeah the Simon Famiglia is Enma's.

And thanks

HyperJono

Years
Ok time for my first update as a Cloud Guardian of the Volgana Famiglia
Badges Earned
latest
My Journey Log
Spoiler:

My Team
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokemon
Spoiler:

My nickname theme will be the names of the the Vongola Famiglia from the Hitman Reborn anime/manga and only the Pokemon that will be on my final team will recieve nicknames.

Years
Earned Badges
Spoiler:

My Quest Log
Spoiler:

My Team
Spoiler:

In PC
Spoiler:

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Spoiler: Badge Two
Brought everyone through the tunnel and grabbed the TM 39 for Swift along the way and taught it to Burb to finally have a reliable move. The store had Super Potions so we sold all out Potions for some.
Cleared the Slowpoke Well of Rockets and went straight to the Gym and burnt it down. Kicked Rival's butt when he tried to gatekeep me from leaving and went into the Forest where we caught a Venonat and trained up to Goldenrod. Exchanged all our healing items for Full Heals and started on the Gym.

Spoiler: Team
Babu the Quilava, Level 18
Clor the Poliwag, Level 17
Burb the Togepi, Level 17
Scrambie the Venonat, Level 13

HyperJono

Years
Ok time for my second update as a Cloud Guardian of the Volgana Famiglia
Badges Earned
latest
My Journey Log
Spoiler:

My Team
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokemon
Spoiler:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
More updated than the past updates, i usually oly update at night when im tired so this time i guess its better?

Spoiler: PlainBadge
Immediately decided to fight Whitney. Burb beat up her Clefairy who tried to use Fissure on him, then Clor put Miltank to sleep while Quilava Smokescreened her. She still beat Babu with two stomps in a row twice?? When Im at -1 accuracy i cant even ht with Swift but -6 on an opponent oh no they get their hits. Babu fainted and Burb and Scrambie tried to fight back but it kept spamming Milk Drink to heal itself and we could do much damage. Clor was the last one left and managed to dodge the stupid hitting Stomps and Rollouts and hit with a crit Water Gun to win.

Spoiler: Team
Babu the Quilava
Male, Level 18
Cut/Leer/Smokescreen/Ember
Starter

Clor the Poliwag
Female, Level 19
Bubble/Hypnosis/Water Gun/--
Other

Burb the Togepi
Male, Level 18
Sweet Kiss/Charm/Metronome/Swift
Fly/Normal/Happiness evo

Scrambie the Venonat
Female, Level 14
Tackle/Disable/Foresight/Supersonic
Other

Also to note, Im really glad now that I didnt lower the Department store Varia limit to 15 cause Ive already got 20 items and struggling slightly.

Years
Here is another update of my progress:

Earned Badges
Spoiler:

My Quest Log
Spoiler:

My Team
Spoiler:

In PC
Spoiler:

Last edited:

HyperJono

Years
Ok time for my third update as a Cloud Guardian of the Volgana Famiglia
Badges Earned
latest
latest
My Journey Log
Spoiler:

My Team
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokemon
Spoiler:

Ok time for my fourth update as a Cloud Guardian of the Volgana Famiglia
Badges Earned
latest
latest
latest
My Journey Log
Spoiler:

My Team
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokemon
Spoiler:

I also have question. Since I have my four roles fulfilled as stated in the Pokemon I needed to capture am I allowed to capture 2 other Pokemon so I can have a full team of 6?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Here is another update of my progress:

Earned Badges
Spoiler:

My Quest Log
Spoiler:

My Team
Spoiler:

In PC
Spoiler:

My Quest Log