• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 8, 2017
The glitch Pokemon between Celebi and Treecko, is it okay to edit those to use as pokemom slots?
Second, for newer generation forms, would I have to create separate Pokemon pages for each form, or is there a way to add forms within the tab of one Pokedex
ex: All 6 of Rotom's forms taking up one slot in G3HS, or would you have to make a separate page and just assign the same pokedex number?
Sorry, I couldn't find a better way to word the second question. I hope my meaning gets across.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Hello All,

I am new to this site and am a novice rom hacker. Three years ago I played around with editing roms of Firered and Emerald, I was using Advance map, Advance Trainer, YAPE, etc.

I deleted all those programs a long time ago but now I want to start editing games again...but I am having a really hard time finding working downloadable roms and most editing softwares. I was hoping joining this site could get me some better information on how to get started again

If anyone knows a good place to download roms or the editing software now, please let me know...also if there is a better message board for this topic let me know too

Thanks,
Green

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
How can I make it so that when the players pokemon faints it goes straight to a pokemon center of my choice and they will continue to go there each time the pokemon faint until the player interacts with the next poke center?

I am doing this because I need to skip the part of mom healing your pokemon and I can't add battles near the start of the game in case of the play fainting and then getting teleported to mom.

Thanks in advance -Jazzy

How can I make it so that when the players pokemon faints it goes straight to a pokemon center of my choice and they will continue to go there each time the pokemon faint until the player interacts with the next poke center?

I am doing this because I need to skip the part of mom healing your pokemon and I can't add battles near the start of the game in case of the play fainting and then getting teleported to mom.

Thanks in advance -Jazzy

This thread right here is not precisely your issue, but the first post details the correct use of the sethealingplace command, which sets the player's last used Pokemon Center in the event that they blackout and need to be returned there. You need to mess with the sethealingplace at the player's home so that it points to your desired Pokemon Center instead. Then, they will never heal at home.

dhirennjaypal

megacharizardx007
Years
i want to learn how to create new rom hack thread ?
i am using only android mobile (ucmini) for internet.

(sorry for my bad englis)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
JPANs hacked engine is a pretty popular feature in most hacks, but I notice that there are peeps that don't use it. Any particular reason why they wouldn't use it? I guess what I'm trying to ask are what are the cons of JPANs hacked engine? Excluding the bugs that karatekid found of course.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
How difficult would it be to change the EXP gain rate from wild Pokemon to equal the EXP gain from trainer Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 11, 2017
Hello, I'm new to rom hacking and pokecommunity. I would like to know how to make the professor oak scene on xse, where you walk outside your house and go to a certain place and then the professor comes to you leads you back to the lab and has you chose a starter. Also what is a setvar or set flag? Can someone help me with this? Lots of questions to come.

Years
How difficult would it be to change the EXP gain rate from wild Pokemon to equal the EXP gain from trainer Pokemon?

It would take probably 10 seconds as there are max 3 bytechanges to be made. The hard part is finding offsets of course. If you're hacking Emerald, try changing 04A698 to 00 00. If you're hacking Fire Red...you've already lost ask FBI.

JPANs hacked engine is a pretty popular feature in most hacks, but I notice that there are peeps that don't use it. Any particular reason why they wouldn't use it? I guess what I'm trying to ask are what are the cons of JPANs hacked engine? Excluding the bugs that karatekid found of course.

1. Not everyone hacks Fire Red.
2. Hacked Engine is old. It was done in times when we had very little rom-hacking knowledge compared to today. It contains bugs, rewritten functions of already existing ones(done in not a good fashion), weird code that may cause unpredictable things.
3. To use everything it has to offer you need to clean all scripts, because the applying feature tool doesn't work.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Does anyone know why Hopeless Trainer Editor doesn't load trainers from my Firered 1.1 rom

Last edited by a moderator:

surfer treecko

help, how do I...?
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
What is generally considered to be the best text editor for Heart Gold and Soul Silver? Mostly I just want to edit overworld and NPC text, but being able to edit other things like the intro text and the text of the Pokemon that follows you would be good too. I'm already aware of DS Text Editor but I'm just wondering if there's anything else.
Also, which narc files contain the game's text? So far all I know of is a/0/2/7.

I've found that I can use SDSME (only 1.7.0 as 1.8.0 doesn't start for me) although it is incredibly slow and having to get text to fit within the dialogue box is a pain.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
It would take probably 10 seconds as there are max 3 bytechanges to be made. The hard part is finding offsets of course. If you're hacking Emerald, try changing 04A698 to 00 00. If you're hacking Fire Red...you've already lost ask FBI.

Thanks for the help, I found the offset (0x8021DD8) and it worked perfectly!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2023
I've been working on an emerald hack lately and I tried adding a "gym" to what was Verdanturf and have it be like a mountain where you have to go up it to get to the gym leader. What I can't figure out is how to "move" trainers to the location and just edit them rather than creating new ones. I would be so grateful if someone could help me out!

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
Years
I want to change these HOENN into KANTO. What are their addresses in the ROM?
(Text Editors won't work because they are graphics rather than texts)
1.The "HOENN MAP" choice on the PokéNav Menu; (Ruby and Emerald)
2.The "HOENN MAP FULL VIEW" when viewing the Town Map in the PokéNav; (Ruby and Emerald)
3.The "HOENN" and "NATIONAL" seen and owned Pokémon when upgraded into National Dex. (Emerald only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back