• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: [Fire Red] Touched's Mega Evolution System (PATCH) (Re-Uploaded in 2019/09/05)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Hi everyone, I'm here to help you with doing Mega Evolution in your rom, I made a patch of Touched's Mega Evolution System for people who don't know how to compile it and want an easier way to do it.
(If you want some information about it, take a look at the original thread.)

- The offsets used are 0x970000 to 0x9716A3, make sure it is avaliable before patching.

How to use in G3HS:
Spoiler:

Activating:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• Mega Evolution Patch.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 685
Last edited:
Years
Very cool I was having difficulty inserting the system of mega evolution by the Touched tutorial.
But one doubt:
How is the activation script? Is that I'm not good at scripting.
I tried to do one like this:
Spoiler:

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Very cool I was having difficulty inserting the system of mega evolution by the Touched tutorial.
But one doubt:
How is the activation script? Is that I'm not good at scripting.
I tried to do one like this:
Spoiler:
weelll
that should be good but you don't need to use "releaseall" unless if you've used "lockall" in the same script

Years
weelll
that should be good but you don't need to use "releaseall" unless if you've used "lockall" in the same script

So I need to remove releaseall? substitute him with release? what I need to do exatally(sorry bad english)

This one gonna work?
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BluRose

blu rass
Years
So I need to remove releaseall? substitute him with release? what I need to do exatally(sorry bad english)

This one gonna work?
Spoiler:
no reason that shouldn't :P

BluRose

blu rass
Years
I did not understand.

it?s gonna work? yes or no? you can PM me too
assuming mbcn10ww implemented it as well as i believe he can, then yes, that should work.
i can not pm you currently; you are a very new member.
press the start button afterwards in-battle and it should activate at the start of the turn directly after choosing a move.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2023
K so on request of the thread owner, i got this problem.
Ive inserted the patch on a rom which had mr.dollsteakpatch already.
Script is being activated
If i add no potion it doesnt work
If i add potion i get to see the symbol
BUT if i attack the pokemon then nothing happends...

setvar 0x40FF 0x161
setvar 0x40EF 0x161

Only added these 2 lines to an excisting script

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
K so on request of the thread owner, i got this problem.
Ive inserted the patch on a rom which had mr.dollsteakpatch already.
Script is being activated
If i add no potion it doesnt work
If i add potion i get to see the symbol
BUT if i attack the pokemon then nothing happends...

setvar 0x40FF 0x161
setvar 0x40EF 0x161

Only added these 2 lines to an excisting script

Are you pressing START when the symbol appears? Because you need to press START before selecting a move.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2023
Are you pressing START when the symbol appears? Because you need to press START before selecting a move.

Ye... i did not press start waauw sorry for wasting ur time...

Anyway i got a second question.
How can I make it work on PGE?
Also how can i add different evolution types from the ASM thread if I already applied this patch?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Ye... i did not press start waauw sorry for wasting ur time...

Anyway i got a second question.
How can I make it work on PGE?
Also how can i add different evolution types from the ASM thread if I already applied this patch?

I don't know how to make it work on PGE, I only used it on G3HS (in my opinion G3HS is a lot better to work with evolutions; you can use G3T too, it have support to the unused half word for some evolution methods).
You can easily add new evolution methods, because they are implemented manually, then you can choose where to place it in your rom, the Mega Evolution doesn't interfere anything, Touched made it for people to choose the Index of evolutions, then if the Mega Evo Index is from 0xF0 to 0xFF, you are free to use all Indexes before it (more than 200 Evolution Methods).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2023
I don't know how to make it work on PGE, I only used it on G3HS (in my opinion G3HS is a lot better to work with evolutions; you can use G3T too, it have support to the unused half word for some evolution methods).
You can easily add new evolution methods, because they are implemented manually, then you can choose where to place it in your rom, the Mega Evolution doesn't interfere anything, Touched made it for people to choose the Index of evolutions, then if the Mega Evo Index is from 0xF0 to 0xFF, you are free to use all Indexes before it (more than 200 Evolution Methods).

So I will have to manually insert those and then I can use the none and replace it with a new evolution method? Or does it need to be behind the mega evolution

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
So I will have to manually insert those and then I can use the none and replace it with a new evolution method? Or does it need to be behind the mega evolution

Yes, you need to add it manually.
Yes, you can replace the "None" for your new evolution methods.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2023
Yes, you need to add it manually.
Yes, you can replace the "None" for your new evolution methods.

And the offset for the first ''Noone'' after the beauty where can i find it?
Why did u enter so many ''Noone'' then?

Sorry for all the questions, trying to understand it!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
And the offset for the first ''Noone'' after the beauty where can i find it?
Why did u enter so many ''Noone'' then?

Sorry for all the questions, trying to understand it!

You need to expand the Evolution Methods Table. The many "None" is because the way I wanted to do it, if you want to do it without them you need to compile the system by yourself with Touched's thread. I can't help you more because I didn't made these methods, I only made a patch to help some people implement it, you need to talk with the creators, try searching for "Adding New Evolution Methods" in the community or go to the ASM Resource Thread.

Years
I'm running into a bit of a problem with the patch.

For some reason, P3GE refuses to save evolution values as high as you have set, it just keeps reverting back.

With a bit of testing, I found that if you remove 4 of the none entries, then it will save.

Could you either tweak the patch to work with this, or tell us where we could edit this in a hex editor?

Back