• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gengar Sweep

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
I really want to make this deck stand it's ground during competitive play. I run a demo of it on PTCGO, and it seems a little clunky and hard to set up.

Here's the decklist:

-Pokemon-
x3 Lugia FC
x3 Giratina XY184
x3 Gastly BRTH
x3 Gengar BRTH

-Trainers-
x3 Crushing Hammer
x3 Enhanced Hammer
x1 Escape Rope
x2 Great Ball
x2 Level Ball
x3 Max Elixir
x3 Rare Candy
x2 Switch
x3 VS Seeker
x2 Lysandre
x4 N
x4 Professor Sycamore
x3 Fighting Fury Belt

-Energy-
x4 DCE
x9 Psychic

My original idea was to have Lugia and Giratina (with Fighting Fury Belt) hit for some damage and then have Gengar come in and just sweep the Pokemon/EX/Mega/GX out. Should I take out Escape Rope and play another Switch? Should I add a Haunter? HELP!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Drop the Lugias and Fighting fury belts, replace them with either 3-3 line of Bats from generations or a 2-2-2 line of Trev BREAK

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
I like the Bats Idea, but Golbat's HP is so low. Any suggestion for higher HP? Or maybe put Float Stone and just move em all around.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I like the Bats Idea, but Golbat's HP is so low. Any suggestion for higher HP? Or maybe put Float Stone and just move em all around.

Golbat has free retreat mate :)

The low HP won't matter either because Golbat does the damage via ability from the bench, 4 golbat would put 8 damage counters across the opponent's team. Devolution spray and re-evolving will let you get at least 3 on everything, then you can lysandre around your opponent and sweep with Gengar

Back