• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Favourite Gen 7 Pokemon

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
marowak-alola.gif

Yeah - I have never cared for Marowak, but damn! It looks so cool now.

Buu

Rocket Executive
Years
Toxapex just because it can wall almost anything.

Mimikyu didn't like it at first thought it was just a novelty Pokemon but man can this thing sweep up.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Torracat- Picked Litten as my starter, and no regret about it. The middle stage just looks so cool. I probably have the unpopular opinion of thinking Rowlet is rather overrated.
Rockruff - Really adorable and great simplistic design.
Lyanroc (Midday) - Well, I like wolves a lot. Felt that Pokémon was kind of missing a wolf-like Pokémon, and this one fits the bill.
Bewear - It's both cute as it is terrifying. I love the expression he does when I stroke him on the wrong spot in Refresh. Perhaps my favorite character of the S&M anime.

Alola Forms:
Vulpix - I already found them adorable, but watching Shiron in the anime made me fall in love with it. It's just so enormously cute.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 22, 2017
im surprised that you dont see more type:Null out there with eviolite. It would work fairly well on a trick room team. Thats a tanky poke with good damage stats.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
Where do I begin...

Rowlet and Popplio lines (it gave me a real doubt of who to choose as my starter)
Alolan Meowth/Alolan Persian - I love the round-faced cat, yeah.
Oricorio in pretty much all of its formes.
Drampa, that elderly adorable dragon
Type: Null/Silvally (really cool concept of artificial Pokémon/literally a Chimera in the best of ways)
"Nebby" line (gotta love the "pew" mon)
The Tapus as well (they fit SO WELL with Alola)
And Nihilego with all his 'brain toxin' stuff and unique typing.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
It's the most intimidating and dangerous pokemon that was ever created. It prowls the land at the night, drinking the blood of dying pokemon and humans. It's thaaaaa...Lycanroc's Midnight Form.
Alright, I'm gonna level with you peeps: On a purely statistical basis, Lycanroc is an unremarkable Pokémon. It packs a pretty good punch, but the rest of its attributes are middle-of-the-road. You want Lycanroc on your team because of the intimidation factor. Look at those glowing eyes. Look at that wild fur. Your enemy is going to look at your team and see a range of personalities: Lycanroc is a wild card. It has that mad gleam in its eye that lets an enemy know it's capable of anything. And it's a 'mon like that you've got to watch out for. They'll get you when you least expect it.
So, yup! This poke is my favourite just because of its amazing design.

Last edited:
Years
Definitely Solgaleo (Nebby) for me. The fact that its a not only a legendary Pokemon but also plays such a large roll in the story of the game makes it one of my favourites of all time

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Overall a Hard Choice. But I feel like the Vulpix is the best. If that ain't allowed I would cry in the corner then state that Pikipek was my favourite. A big jump up from previous pokemon in terms of use for such a common pokemon and it's cute little face!

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Not a lot to choose from, but design-wise, I am really fond of Mimikyu and Silvally, although the latter is abysmal when it comes to power.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Mimikyu, Dewpider line, Rowlet line, Silvally, Dhelmise, Salandit line, and Golisopod are my favorites. Mimikyu is my new mascot, though. :3

Oh, and if including Alolan forms, add Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales to the mix.

Years
Decidueye, I've been a fan of grass starters since forever.
Vikavolt, because it looks savage.
Golisopod is probably my favorite of all time for regular pokemon this generation though.

As for legendaries, Lunala is really elegant looking. Sunsteel Strikes can't melt Moongeist beams :^)

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
Years
Wishiwashi for me.

I was like nawww what a cute lil guy!
The school form has good HP too. I could use it for Whirlpool/Aqua Ring/Toxic tactics.

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 24, 2017
Shiny Palossand!
I wuvvv mine!

I actually really don't even know why I Love Palossand so much - I just love that it's a sand castle, lol..

Back