• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed 2 (Alpha 1.2.1 now out)

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Alpha 1.2.1
Cr4pgZ5.png

Pokemon - FIreRed Version (U) (V1.0)

latest
Story
Hey everyone! It's me Wobb! I always thought Kanto's routes and cities were boring and they weren't very interesting. That is why I started this ROM Hack. This is Pokemon FireRed 2, it happens 5 years after Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. The Kanto and Johto governments decided that Kanto & Johto would become one region. They also made it so a Pokemon region can only have 8 Gyms, no more than 8. Because Johto and Kanto together had 16 Gyms, they had to choose which gyms would no longer be gyms. They chose the Viridian, Pewter, Fuchsia, Cinnabar, Mahogany, Blackthorn, Violet, and Azalea Gyms. The Gym Leaders of those gyms lost their jobs and had to go somewhere else if they wanted to have the fun battles they always wanted.
Many areas in Kanto have been changed by humans and by the weather. Mahogany Town is not a town anymore because of all the flooding it has gotten from its storms. Some people have planted more trees to make their towns look nicer. Johto and Kanto Pokemon have started to live in both regions instead of only one. Now you can find Pokemon from Johto in Kanto, and more Kanto Pokemon in Johto!​

601MS.png
Features
Fairy Type
Johto Pokemon in Kanto!
Pokemarts in Pokemon Centers!
Eggs Hatching at Level 1
Running Indoors
Reusable TMs
Decorate your Room! (Celadon Hotel)

Johto Region!
Decapitalization
Some things are decapitalized, but not everything.

Green - Already in
Yellow - Not done
Blue - In the next version

20px-Rainbow_Badge.png
Screenshots
gif.gif
GIF.gif
fr4.png
fr5.png
GIF.gif
GIF.gif
fr1.png
fr2.png
fr3.png
GIF.gif
GIF.gif
GIF.gif
GIF.gif
fr8.png

235MS.png
Credits
Everyone who contributed to Chaos Rush's The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource
And MrDollSteak's The DS-Style 64x64 Trainer Sprite Resource
The_learner - TL's Quick Enhancer
Tools Used: AdvanceMap, XSE, Free Space Finder, PGE (Pokemon Game Editor), HxD, TL's Quick Enhancer, LSA - Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor. Hopeless Trainer Editor, Day & Night Tool​

137MS.png
Downloads

Alpha 1 (Only goes to the first gym)
Spoiler:

Alpha 1.1 First and Second Gym, a lot more features.
Spoiler:

Alpha 1.2
Spoiler:

Alpha 1.2.1

You can now decorate your room in the Celadon City Hotel! The decorations will go away though.
Headbutt Trees (Not all trees, only on Route 1 I think)
A Berry tree on Route 1 (Oran Berry)
I forgot the other stuff (I made the patch 2 months ago).

Changes

New Evolutions (Alpha 1.2 and up)
Spoiler:

Some Pokemon get a new Second Ability (Alpha 1.2 and up)
Spoiler:

50px-Medal-battle4.png
Awards
You thought I already won something? I didn't.
But I'm going to :)​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Since the story of this hack happens 5 years after the events of RBY, doesn't that mean that it happens 2 years after the events of Gold, Silver, and Crystal?

In this case, Koga should still be in the Elite Four (unless he got kicked out), and Janine should be the former Gym Leader of Fuchsia City who needs to look for a new job.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
This definitely looks like a hack I am going to follow the premise is interesting. I am curious as to if you plan to do new over world's for things gonna do a play through of the alpha and tell you what bugs and stuff I find

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Hey.. I've been working on Alpha 1.1. It'll probably go to the second or third gym. (Or maybe even the fourth gym?) I fixed some of the stuff from the first one, and I've been adding some new stuff too! There's going to be Eggs hatching at Level 1, Reusable TMs, Running Shoes Inside, New tiles for mountains and rocks, and I did some things with the Sudowoodo battle. You'll be talking to Professor Oak for it. I've added a Day Care to Viridian City so you can start breeding earlier. You will be able to get the National Pokedex from a guy in Pallet Town. If you want to see what's going to be in this, look at the picture! :D You can download it Soon?.
And is there anything else you want to see in it? Like Mega Evolution or something?
Spoiler:

You'll also be able to start getting some of the new Pokemon that I added!
unknown.png

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I didn't see the physical/special split in the game. Unless it's like Glazed where the icons just aren't visible?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
So a few questions are the level curves gonna change starting at 10 makes it about impossible to win the first rival battle without really good rng also ledyba auto cancels the evo I have found out guess that's not a question but an observation

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
So a few questions are the level curves gonna change starting at 10 makes it about impossible to win the first rival battle without really good rng also ledyba auto cancels the evo I have found out guess that's not a question but an observation

Your Ledyba will be able to evolve in the next Alpha. The National Pokedex is going to be in it.
Alpha 1.1 is out. I thought 2 would be a too big number.. :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 30, 2018
hey game designer can you add sand storms,hail storms, sun rays,rain to the game.good work by the way and keep it up.

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
hey game designer can you add sand storms,hail storms, sun rays,rain to the game.good work by the way and keep it up.

Weather in battle? Or outside of battle?
If you mean in battle that's already a thing.
And I don't want to add new weather outside of battle. There's already rain.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 30, 2018
Oh alright and thanks.also is it possible to add a meteorite near mount moon that enables deoxys to change into it's different forms. i have not really found that in a hack as yet.it would be cool kind of like the later gens.Again good work bro.

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Oh alright and thanks.also is it possible to add a meteorite near mount moon that enables deoxys to change into it's different forms. i have not really found that in a hack as yet.it would be cool kind of like the later gens.Again good work bro.

Deoxys isn't going to be in the hack. :(
Maybe I couullld have it..

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Hi everyone!
Alpha 1.2 is out now! Go try it! It doesn't have any new gyms, you can't go to the third gym yet, but Alpha 1.2 adds a lot of new features!
It adds the Physical/Special Split, Running Indoors, Reusable TMs, Eggs Hatching at Level 1, and you can now see IVs!
It also has the Black and White Repel System, Exp from Catching Pokemon, Nature colored stats, Pokemon won't die from Poison, and there are some new Generation 4 moves! (But I haven't given any Pokemon the moves yet, I want to add some more moves first.)
There's also more scripts for the Sudowoodo thing, and a new Flower Shop in Celadon City. After beating Saffron City's Gym, go east. After that, it's the end of the alpha.
Alpha 1.2

Last edited:
Back