• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

unexplored hobbies

Years
This is a hard one to come up with answers for since most things I've had an interest in I've started.

I want to start recording/streaming gameplay for games I play. I also want to learn to ride a motorcycle. I want to start working out. I want to build a homelab for computing. I want to learn to program in at least one or two languages. I want to dive into learning basic automation. I want to experiment with my own website. I want to do unboxing videos for merchandise I collect. I want to write more than once a decade. I want to up my involvement level in politics.

Maybe start singing more, too. Regularly walking for the sake of walking would be great, too.

Oh, and I want to regularly visit game shops/card shops to regularly play various CCGs/TCGs.

Actually, maybe not as hard as I thought, but I'm not sure all of those count as hobbies, per se.

I've always kinda wanted to get into tabletop gaming and roleplay, but general anxiety is a pretty effective barrier which makes that about as likely to happen as winning the lottery.

Same here!

These two posts make me want to follow up on one of my shower thought ideas from this weekend: running a tabletop RPG in Forum Games. Tabletop gaming is pretty good fun.

Though I will probably need to wait for LegendChu's event to end.

Years
I've always wanted to learn a new language but have never gone through the tremendous effort to do it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Becoming a top notch girly girl.

Also programming.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Photography, really. Been wanting to invest on a really good camera but never really got to do so, so I've been mostly relying on my phone's mega camera. But it is still not enough.

HiroyukiSaito

Hiroyuki
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 26, 2017
Last edited by a moderator:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Coding. In today's world it seems like that would be an amazing asset to have, byt I unfortunately don't even know where to start blaaaargh.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
CAVING! I have plans to do that this during the summer with my friends and brother - it was a really random thing where I was watching Planet Earth with my brother one evening and there was an episode on these really beautiful caves, and he casually said "you know I went caving last summer? It was awesome" and I was like I didn't know I needed this in my life but I want to try it. Then I brought it up with some of my friends and they all wanted to go too, haha. I don't think I will make a regular hobby out of it though lol, but we'll see.

For something that I can feasibly do regularly on my own, I also want to try 3D modelling - if you've spoken to me before you may know I have some interest in graphics, art, design, etc. and this is one thing in the field I've yet to try. :)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I mean if it's just making games, there's also Construct 2 if you want to skip the programming part. XD Relies more on logic than anything. But programming is awesome.

Codecademy is your friend
Stack Overflow will be your savior
That's if you want to learn without taking IT/CS courses

-

Apart from skydiving without a parachute and a lot of other risky things I wanna do one day...

I really want to try and make videos for YT somehow. I just don't know where to start. I don't know, it sounds like a fun social thing to do aaa ;v;
It's super fun! You should totally try it

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Playing the piano. This is something I've always dreamed of, yet I could never do for various reasons. I also wanted to be able to take dance classes when I was younger. However, I didn't have much rhythm nor could I keep up. We used to do some dancing moves in PE when I was younger... and yeah. :c

Back