• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Season 3 Signups (still open!)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today

Structure

Welcome! PCL is PC's largest SM OU battling tournament with a focus on both competition and collaboration. Containing similarities to draft leagues, PCL pits four clans against each other in a round-robin format (Weeks 1-3). After tallying all the clan wins from the weekly rounds, the clans in 2nd and 3rd place face off in the semifinals, deciding who will be the one to take on the 1st place clan in the finals. The entire tournament takes five weeks to complete, not including the preparation that comes prior to it.

Before PCL begins, signups of 12 or 20, on the basis of first come, first serve, are enlisted in an SM OU double-elimination tournament. There are multiple reasons for this: 1) it tells us if you can commit to completing your battles on time, 2) it provides info on your playstyle to help clan heads pick players in the auction, and 3) it gives everyone a chance to practice. Not finishing your battles on time may result in losing your league position to the next signup, but losing your battles will have no effect. The signup tournament is expected to take around 5-6 weeks to complete, depending on the signups.

Each clan has a clan head. In addition to participating, their responsibilities include picking members for their clan, picking subs to replace their clan's inactive members, and overseeing the direction of their clan (e.g. helping their clan members practice). The past clan heads were Choice Specs, Dragon, Nah, and myself. Choice Specs and Nah will be stepping down their position as clan heads, while Dragon and myself will be reprising our positions for Majestic Milotics and Ghosts of Perdition (w/ Aegislash), respectively. After the signup tournament, there will be a snake draft involving the clan heads to determine which clan each participant should be assigned to.

Signups

Each week will have a deadline of seven days (sometimes nine days during the initial round-robin format), so you will be expected to complete every one of your battles within that time frame. There will be no delays. Clan heads will replace you with a sub for the remainder of the event if you do not battle. You may ask your clan head to use a sub in your place, but this can only be done for one week. Lastly, you must be responsive to and involved with your clan.

Signups will involve an SM OU double-elimination tournament. Read the section on Structure.

Fill out the form if you are fine with the above requirements:
Code:
Pokémon Showdown username(s):
Clan member or substitute:
Time zone:
Are you interested in being a clan head?:
Because Choice Specs and Nah will no longer be clan heads, we will be considering candidates to replace them. Your presence in PC's battling community, temperament, and ability to complete your battles in the signup tournament will be the main factors in the decision. You will be given the opportunity to design a new clan to replace Team Orb (w/ Castform) or Black Magic (w/ Darkrai).

Clan member list
  1. wolf
  2. Dragon
  3. Choice Specs
  4. Chrollo
  5. Decidueye
  6. Noa
  7. Aurora
  8. Christos
  9. gimmepie
  10. Nah
  11. Rabinov
  12. esperance
  13. 5qwerty
  14. punkysaur
  15. O'aka XXIII
  16. ShanWow

Sub list
  • Omicron
  • CUTIEFLY!!!
  • Ras!

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Pokémon Showdown username(s): Choice Specs
Clan member or substitute: Clan member
Time zone: Central US
Are you interested in being a clan head?: I am stepping down as clan head, but am willing to continue it if no one else wants it. I'd rather just host and battle as a member.

Last edited:

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
Pokémon Showdown username(s): Kurapika, Killua, pabloocean, i change them like every day
Clan member or substitute: Member
Time zone: PST
Are you interested in being a clan head?: LOL you thought !

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Pokémon Showdown username(s): Decidueye, ddrox13
Clan member or substitute: Clan Member
Time zone: Eastern US, so GMT-4 (5 hours behind UK) for the next few months.
Are you interested in being a clan head?: You know what, if you don't have any better ideas sure.

Last edited:

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Pokémon Showdown username(s): Captain Noanoa
Time zone: PST
Are you interested in being a clan head?: Yes!

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Pokémon Showdown username(s): Carousels, Omicron
Clan member or substitute: Substitute
Time zone: UTC -6
Are you interested in being a clan head?: As of this moment, no.

I love PCL

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Pokémon Showdown username(s): Mudkip (Ask me if you need the unicode)
Clan member or substitute: Sub for now
Time zone: EST
Are you interested in being a clan head?: not right now

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Pokémon Showdown username(s): Christos
Time zone: GMT+1
Are you interested in being a clan head?: Only for the Spheal Clan

Years
Pokémon Showdown username(s): gimmepie
Clan member or substitute: Clan members
Time zone: GMT +8
Are you interested in being a clan head?: I might have said yes if three more suitable options hadn't already done so lol.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Pokémon Showdown username(s): Zekrom52
Clan member or substitute: clan member
Time zone: GMT -4/US EDT
Are you interested in being a clan head?: nah

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
It's been too long since I've done any battling.

Pokémon Showdown username(s): Lost Heart
Are you interested in being a clan head?: If you need one

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
We have now reached 12 members, including Dragon and me! Thanks to all for joining. I'll wait about two days to see if we make any notable gains in our next goal for 20 participants. If not, the signup tournament will commence.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Pokémon Showdown username(s): 5qwerty
Are you interested in being a clan head?: Sure.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
5q really wants to be in the league, and I highly doubt 20 members will be feasible without dealing with inactives. I had an idea to incorporate signups 13-16. I'm open to opinions on this. These players could be picked at the end of the draft and treated as extras. Clan heads would be required to replace themselves or one of their clan members with their clan's extra for 2 of the 5 weeks in advance. No one clan member can get picked for replacement twice.

Alternatively, I could allow clans of 4 (even rosters). When the clan war is tied, the clan head match would be treated as two battles. A tiebreaker match is an option, but I don't like the idea of making extensions to accommodate it.

Years
Oh damn missed it. Would blame twitter
BS Name:punkysaur
Role-Member(though looks like its full)
Timezine-GMT 5:30

Would I like to be a leader:Would be foolish to say yes considering sub lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
The more the better. 16 would be ideal but with 14 two clans can have replacements.

Mr. James

Pokémon Showdown username(s): RasOriginal
Clan member or substitute: Substitute
Time zone: GMT +2:00 (CAT)
Are you interested in being a clan head?: Yes

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Maybe?

Pokémon Showdown username(s): O'aka XXIII
Clan member or substitute: member if i can
Time zone: gmt-4
Are you interested in being a clan head?: nah

Years
Pokémon Showdown username(s): Shan of the Dead
Clan member or substitute: Clan Member
Time zone: GMT -6 Central Time
Are you interested in being a clan head?: No

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
We now have 16 signups! I'll start the signup tournament tomorrow. To make 20 participants work, we would need even more clan member signups in case someone becomes inactive in the signup tournament. It doesn't seem achievable to me.

I decided on doing this:
I had an idea to incorporate signups 13-16. I'm open to opinions on this. These players could be picked at the end of the draft and treated as extras. Clan heads would be required to replace themselves or one of their clan members with their clan's extra for 2 of the 5 weeks in advance. No one clan member can get picked for replacement twice.
I don't like the other idea I suggested because it would result in having to fall back to 12 participants if someone becomes inactive during the signup tournament and we don't have any additional clan member signups.

Back