• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: here's how bernie sanders can still win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucid

Your star trek avatars never cease to amaze me.

Tbh I've only seen like 2 episodes of the next generation

So this might just be regular Patrick Stewart in a ball pit. Idk they had the weird haulographic room thing tho...

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Personally, I would prefer Joe Biden to run. Guy would probably win in a landslide.

Or, you know, some younger candidates. You only have to be 35 to run, yet we have people in their 60's running. Come on.

Years
Personally, I would prefer Joe Biden to run. Guy would probably win in a landslide.

Or, you know, some younger candidates. You only have to be 35 to run, yet we have people in their 60's running. Come on.

Fun Fact: Donald Trump is the oldest US President, going by age when they were elected.

Yeah, you wouldn't think it was true but it definitely was. I am getting kinda sick of older politicians though, because it's kind of turning younger people away. In Australia we actually had a member of Parliament who was only aged in his 20's, until he lost his seat at last year's federal election.

pkmin3033

I'm not an extreme nationalist, so naturally current politics aren't really something I can get behind.

God almighty it makes for one dramatic shit show right now, though.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
mfw politics

i try not to involve myself in politics really, but trump is so ridiculous its hard to not say anything

as long as you said something during the election then that's all that matters!

I'm not an extreme nationalist, so naturally current politics aren't really something I can get behind.

God almighty it makes for one dramatic shit show right now, though.

you don't need to be an "extreme nationalist" to take an interest in how your country is run and how it interacts with the world

i get you though, i avoided politics for yeeeears because nothing other than negativity ever seems to come from it. and i still think that's true but i've figured that, as a citizen of your country, it's important to know what's going on and how that impacts you and other people - even if it mostly feels negative and dramatic.

pkmin3033

you don't need to be an "extreme nationalist" to take an interest in how your country is run and how it interacts with the world

i get you though, i avoided politics for yeeeears because nothing other than negativity ever seems to come from it. and i still think that's true but i've figured that, as a citizen of your country, it's important to know what's going on and how that impacts you and other people - even if it mostly feels negative and dramatic.
All I said was that I can't get behind it, not that I'm totally disinterested in it. Of course you don't need to share the majority viewpoint to take an interest, and I agree with you that it's a good idea to know what is going on, whether you find it distasteful or not...perhaps especially if you find it distasteful. Being ignorant of the facts doesn't change those facts, right? Events will unfold whether you know about them or not. If you know how bad things are you can at least find ways to work with it or around it.

But then, because of all that negativity and drama - a lot of it the fault of the media, although opposing parties acting like children fighting on the playground certainly doesn't help matters - I prefer not to get too worked up or involved regardless of what it is. At the end of the day it's not really a topic I allow to impact my daily life significantly (at least in the sense of how much I think about it) or consider important to me personally; as I said, I don't share what seems to be the prevailing majority perspective in politics right now. I guess that makes me very self-centered and narrow-minded, but...oh well.

EDIT: Oh, I'm not saying people who CAN get behind current politics are all nationlists either, just in case that's implied in anything I've said. All I'm saying is that extreme nationalism - or at the very least, isolationism - seems to be the current trend in politics, and I just don't agree with it. Obviously, agreeing with the things some politicians are doing does not make you a nationalist by default. Sorry if it sounds like that's what I'm saying or implying; it's not intentional and not what I mean.

This is another reason I don't like getting involved in politics, it's such a heated area a lot of the time...just discussing it can be like walking blindfolded through a minefield.

Last edited:
Years
I have strong political opinions, myself, that not many agree with (a "social justice warrior" if you will), so I avoid it at all costs and try to be more mellow.

pkmin3033

The term "social justice warrior" seems to have become a catch-all term for "person I don't agree with" on the internet...which is weird, given the original definition of the term "social justice" and what a lot of people seem to argue for and against...can't we move beyond GamerGate yet?

I don't really have the energy to argue with people anymore...I don't honestly care if people disagree with me about things. I'm used to people disagreeing with me about pretty much everything at this point. xD

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Well, people aren't really interested in listening to one another most of the time. Just proving their imagined superiority because reasons. I suppose that's a horrible generalisation, but that's generally what happens when people argue instead of discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back