• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Yeah when the more of the seventh gen features get developed and then I'll probably add more or I may just add them sooner then that

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I would love to add mold breaker and those abilities but because the way MRDS ordered the abilities in the rombase I can't add them easily like how I usually add them

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Yeah when the more of the seventh gen features get developed and then I'll probably add more or I may just add them sooner then that

I should wait until then to truly start on this. It'll make my life SO much easier.
Plus, it'll give me an opportunity to come up with better ideas and make a title screen before applying the rombase (Because I can't find the title screen parts to edit after applying it).
I'll probably end up using the 1460 version of the rombase instead (If it gets updated too) due to one of my ideas.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I should wait until then to truly start on this. It'll make my life SO much easier.
Plus, it'll give me an opportunity to come up with better ideas and make a title screen before applying the rombase (Because I can't find the title screen parts to edit after applying it).
I'll probably end up using the 1460 version of the rombase instead (If it gets updated too) due to one of my ideas.

To be completely honest I don't think you should wait on me to truly start on this and I'm saying this for your own sake since my old computer had all of my files and stuff related to these two patches and everything that I needed to update it on it as well I don't think I may be able to update it at the moment so I'm only saying this so your hack dosent end up taking forever because of how long it takes for me to comeback and update this

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
To be completely honest I don't think you should wait on me to truly start on this and I'm saying this for your own sake since my old computer had all of my files and stuff related to these two patches and everything that I needed to update it on it as well I don't think I may be able to update it at the moment so I'm only saying this so your hack dosent end up taking forever because of how long it takes for me to comeback and update this

Be brave my friend :')

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
I have an issue
Magic Bounce is creating a loop, until I've got no more PPs left
(not if I have an immunity to the status move like t wave on groudon)

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years

I guess I'll just go with the whole "Gen 7 Pokemon only found in Alola (With the exception of Alolan Vulpix) because Hawaii" thing.
:P

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Alright so I know I haven't updated this in a long time but I have some news that you guys may like to hear so I have heard that NewDenverCity is working on a fire red version of the emerald battle engine once that is ready for us the public to use I might pick up where I left off and continue this rombase to include seventh gen mons as well

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Alright so I know I haven't updated this in a long time but I have some news that you guys may like to hear so I have heard that NewDenverCity is working on a fire red version of the emerald battle engine once that is ready for us the public to use I might pick up where I left off and continue this rombase to include seventh gen mons as well

Interesting

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 18, 2017
So... I'm new here, and I am making a Rom Hack. There are certain trainers in the game (Gym Leaders; Elite 4; Rival) that I want to use a Mega Evolution on. Can I have a quick rundown on how to make the opponent use megas?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2023
So... I'm new here, and I am making a Rom Hack. There are certain trainers in the game (Gym Leaders; Elite 4; Rival) that I want to use a Mega Evolution on. Can I have a quick rundown on how to make the opponent use megas?

Alright so in the trainer editor what I would do was give the trainer the mega ring item and have the Pokémon hold the required mega stone and then I would battle Giovanni and his swampert would mega evolve that's how it would work in my hack but the issue I always had for some reason is that it would always have the first mon mega evolve and if I put the mon I wanna mega evolve towards the end it wouldn't mega evolve at all which was strange. So try what I said above and see if you can get it to mega evolve and report back to me

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 18, 2017
Alright so in the trainer editor what I would do was give the trainer the mega ring item and have the Pokémon hold the required mega stone and then I would battle Giovanni and his swampert would mega evolve that's how it would work in my hack but the issue I always had for some reason is that it would always have the first mon mega evolve and if I put the mon I wanna mega evolve towards the end it wouldn't mega evolve at all which was strange. So try what I said above and see if you can get it to mega evolve and report back to me

Found out the issue. apparently normal trainers can't use Mega Evolutions. That kinda sucks because I want to have a few normal trainers to utilixe Megas. I found an issue where a Pokemon mega evolves but doesn't change it's sprite.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 18, 2017
Okay, now I'm finding MORE Problems.

-For no absolute reason, G3HS, Advance Sprite, and the game cannot read Rowlet's (Which I added in), Whimsicotts, and Mega Charizard X's Backsprites, saying "The Data is not LZZ Compressed!, HTE Also does not see the sprites, listing them as Invalid Sprite.

-(already stated) Mega Evolution for Normal Trainers (Example: Bug Catcher Sammy in Viridian Forest) is impossible, (Also using a Mega on a gym leader only worked once, now it doesn't do it, even with the highest AI)

-Pokemon Editor in PGE will stop working if I go onto a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve (Such as Venusaur) (Maybe this was reported before)

-Newest Version of PGE (The One with the Trainer Editor) cannot read The Rom, even with the INIs edited.

I really hope these things can be fixed in the next version

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Okay, now I'm finding MORE Problems.

-For no absolute reason, G3HS, Advance Sprite, and the game cannot read Rowlet's (Which I added in), Whimsicotts, and Mega Charizard X's Backsprites, saying "The Data is not LZZ Compressed!, HTE Also does not see the sprites, listing them as Invalid Sprite.

-(already stated) Mega Evolution for Normal Trainers (Example: Bug Catcher Sammy in Viridian Forest) is impossible, (Also using a Mega on a gym leader only worked once, now it doesn't do it, even with the highest AI)

-Pokemon Editor in PGE will stop working if I go onto a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve (Such as Venusaur) (Maybe this was reported before)

-Newest Version of PGE (The One with the Trainer Editor) cannot read The Rom, even with the INIs edited.

I really hope these things can be fixed in the next version

Okay for the first issue what is the offset of the rowlet sprite it has to end in 0,4,8 or C and for the ones that say LZZ compressed that just means that you have to insert the sprite again but in a different offset that has 0,4,8 or C at the end

For the second issue I know of this issue already but currently I don't know how to resolve it

The third issue PGE will crash on a mega because not all of the data is included for the Megas such as move data or pokedex data etc. so you just need to add those in PGE and then it shouldn't crash

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 26, 2018
I have 2 questions first of all how does the mega evolution system works for tge player i.e.where can i get mega gems and mega ring.2nd is that can i give trainers any one of all 721 pokemon by using a-trainer

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2023
The mega evolution works by having the keystone in your bag and the mega stone held item on the Pokémon and before you click a move you need to press the start button to activate it

And to put the mega stones in the game you can use advance map to put them in the map or advance mart to put them in a mart to buy them

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 18, 2017
G3HS Keeps on getting this error since I edited some overworld sprites. I have the picture of the error right here:

Spoiler:

I followed the installation steps since It was working when I was adding all the Alolan Pokemon's names... I don't know why I got the error, Seems like I can't fix it until I get help (And I need help on how to access Pokemon that are Beyond Mega Diancie)

(Picture Link of Error: http://imgur.com/S0zZez6)

EDIT: Tried adding the rest of Alola's sprites. Still got the error. I'm starting to think it's an issue with the editor itself

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 26, 2018
Just one more question
Where can i find key stone and mega stones in your rombase?
THANKS IN ADVANCE☺

Back