Has returned

Age 21
Male
England
Seen June 11th, 2018
Posted June 11th, 2018
3,458 posts
5.9 Years
We often see in-game events in Pokemon, such as Faraway Island and the like where extremely rare legendary Pokemon can be caught. However, these events themselves are often rare and as a result many players miss out on the cool events and Pokemon. Do you think this is a good way of releasing legendaries? And what's the favourite event you've experienced if you have?

Amore

Seen February 5th, 2020
Posted January 24th, 2019
3,880 posts
10.6 Years
I'm not a big fan of it - when I was a kid I only got games at christmas and my birthday pretty much, and they're 14 days apart in December so I usually missed all the events. I think it was slightly better from Gen IV onwards when they were distributed online rather than in-person but it still excludes a lot of people from being able to capture all the pokémon - I personally think it should be possible to obtain every single pokémon introduced in a generation between the 2 paired games (especially now we haven't had 3rd versions for a couple of generations).

My favourite in-game events I've experienced though...probably the ones in HgSs - I have the event Pichu, Celebi and Arceus - being able to battle Giovanni again is great and also helps wrap up a few unanswered questions, and actually seeing Arceus create life is pretty cool as well. The Darkrai and Shaymin events in Platinum were pretty cool as well. I never understood why if Darkrai and Cresselia are a duo and the former clearly affects an individual in the games, you wouldn't be able to get both. Seeing Shaymin's tangible effect on the land is also nice even if I would rather have had more Prof. Rowan rather than Prof. Oak appearing yet again.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye

Age 22
Female
Seen June 19th, 2019
Posted March 5th, 2018
1,261 posts
10.6 Years
I loved them. It was very cool to get access to a new, secret area and find a legendary Pokémon or something. I've experienced none of the Gen III in-game events because I didn't know about them, but I did experience all the Gen IV events except Darkrai's (still wish they'd released the Azure Flute). I wish they'd come back; catching a legendary is more fun than easily receiving it, anyways.

Luna

Has returned

Age 21
Male
England
Seen June 11th, 2018
Posted June 11th, 2018
3,458 posts
5.9 Years
My favourite was probably the Victini event in B/W, it was really good cause it wasn't a extremely exclusive event and was available to quite a lot of people. Plus, going to a special island and having a small backstory before catching Victini was super cool, and I used mine throughout my playthrough and still have it to this day :)

Radiating

Male
Minnesota
Seen May 25th, 2019
Posted December 21st, 2018
5,787 posts
3.1 Years
I really wish they brought those in game events back, it's so much fun to go out and find them instead of simply receiving them.

Luna

Has returned

Age 21
Male
England
Seen June 11th, 2018
Posted June 11th, 2018
3,458 posts
5.9 Years
Kind of upset that Shaymin in DPPt is basically impossible to get without Oak's Letter which just so happened to be an event item...
Yeah I loved how Shaymin was found just beyond the Elite Four, it added some prestige to the event I guess. It's a shame that this event was so exclusive, but I wanted it so bad I used the Action Replay (the only time I've ever used one) to get to the route and catch it haha.
Advertiser Content