• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Date of Birth Challenge

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
This looks like fun, and I need a proper challenge for Pokemon Sun. I know it's not presently on the list, but there's no reason I can't use it for this challenge, I don't think. Anyway, here's my sign-up sheet with my team.

Name: keishajay
Game: Pokemon Sun
Birthday: 2/9/88
Team: 1. 2+9+88 = 99 - Boldore (will be evolving to Gigalith)
2. 9x7 = 63 - Gengar
3. (2x6)^2 = 196 - Phantump (will be evolving to Trevenant)
4. February: Ice - Ninetales
5. February: Black - Salazzle
6. Route 2

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
This has been an interesting challenge so far, mostly because of the limited team I got. I'm already through the first two islands, and Hala took, by far, the longest to beat. I only had Gastly and Meowth against his fighting-types. He wiped me a couple times before I finally got lucky and beat him. I also had some trouble with the water trial, but my Salandit really handled the grass trial like a champ. I don't know what it is, but both times I've started playing Sun, the first Salandit I find has been female. Anyway, here's my team now.

20170216192955.gif

Jazzhands
Lv. 34

709.gif

Bloodraven
Lv. 34

094.gif

Gollum
Lv. 34

alolan_persian_by_alolan_sprites-dat6zid.gif

Sasha
Lv. 34

526.gif

Ogre
Lv. 35

I hack-evolved Trevenant, Gengar, and Gigalith, because I only have one copy of the game and one 2ds. I shinied Trevenant and Gigalith simply because I liked their shiny designs better. Trevenant looks like a weirwood from Game of Thrones, and I couldn't resist. ;) That's the only hacking I've done for this game, and I evolved all three before taking on Olivia. I'm going to try to be better about updating from now on.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I've made it through the third island now and am nearly done with the Aether Foundation. Everything's been pretty easy since the fire trial. My current team is:

526.gif

Ogre
Lv. 47

salazzle_by_alolan_sprites-dat730c.gif

Jazzhands
Lv. 48

Sasha
Lv. 48

094.gif

Gollum
Lv. 48

709.gif

Bloodraven
Lv. 48

I'll be getting an Alolan Vulpix soon to round out my team, and I've got an ice stone ready to evolve it when the time comes. Now, on to Lusamine!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I have finished Pokemon Sun! The late game stuff was so much easier as I got more useful TMs to vary the attacks of my ghost and dark types. I didn't think Persian would be much use at all, but she put in some work against those later trials. It helped tremendously that I taught her Hidden Power, and her type just happened to be water. Also, Salazzle is a monster. She one-shotted all of Gladion's final team and half of Kukui's. I'm moving on to a Nuzlocke of Sun next, and I hope I get lucky enough to find another female Salandit again. Here's my final team.

526.gif

Ogre
Lv. 61
Rock Slide
Flash Cannon
Earthquake
Giga Impact

094.gif

Gollum
Lv. 61
Hypnosis
Hyper Beam
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam

709.gif

Bloodraven
Lv. 61
Bulldoze
Phantom Force
X-Scissor
Horn Leech

Sasha
Lv. 61
Hidden Power
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Power Gem

salazzle_by_alolan_sprites-dat730c.gif

Jazzhands
Lv. 62
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot
Venoshock
Dragon Pulse

alolan_ninetales_by_alolan_sprites-dat7jp9.gif

Krystal
Lv. 65
Extrasensory
Hex
Ice Beam
Dazzling Gleam

Gollum handled Tapu Koko pretty handily as well. So, this game is complete. Yay! On to the Nuzlocke.

Years
POKEMON BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE-LEAFGREEN-Part 7
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
Name: LRachelR5
Game: Moon
Pokemon Team:
Cloyster
Crobat
Pancham (will evolve into Pangoro)
Lycanroc
Shiinotic
Route 9

Last edited:
Years
POKEMON BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE-LEAFGREEN-Part 8
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

POKEMON BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE-LEAFGREEN-FINALE
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
POKEMON BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE-OMEGA RUBY
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
POKEMON BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE-OMEGA RUBY-Part 2
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Still waiting on an answer about if it is ok if I switch Umbreon out for Deino cause I can't catch an Eevee in Pokemon black and forgot that I can only transfer it after I defeat the champion. If not then I'll wait and set a different goal for finishing the challenge so I can finish it with a full team.

Years
Still waiting on an answer about if it is ok if I switch Umbreon out for Deino cause I can't catch an Eevee in Pokemon black and forgot that I can only transfer it after I defeat the champion. If not then I'll wait and set a different goal for finishing the challenge so I can finish it with a full team.

You'll be fine to swap I think as it's your colour selection

Years
POKEMON BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE-OMEGA RUBY-Part 3
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Already started and got to the route for my birth month so yeah forgot to post this
Name: AkiFromFT
Game: X
Pokémon: Butterfree, Hariyama, Weevile, Hilolisk, Tyrantrum, and Nidoking

Years
Name: LRachelR5
Game: SoulSilver
Pok?mon:
Koffing (will evolve into Weezing)
Furret
Golem
Macargo
Espeon
Route 9

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 21, 2021
Name: MrOli711
Game: Platinum
Pokemon:
- Lucario
- Zubat (will evolve)
- Houndour (will evolve)
- Probopass
- Gastrodon (west sea)
- Route 211

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2022
Name: Asura778
Game: Black 2
Pokemon Team: Carracosta, Raticate, Genesect, Abomasnow, Lampent, Route 12

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2022
Okay so after me being dumb and getting the wrong team, I've started again with the correct calcs this time. I'll try to be less dumb in the future :^)

Pokemon Black 2 DOB Challenge run update 1:
Spoiler:

Super DOB Team of Awesome:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 21, 2021
Date of Birth Challenge: Platinum

Update #1:
Spoiler:

Currrent team:
Spoiler: