• 5 replies

Salzorrah

grassium Z

Age 22
Female
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted July 15th, 2019
Lately there have been games that require you to make x number of posts or face inactivity. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Also, you are required to make 3 posts here or else you'll be banned from the UG.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist

Female
Far Lands
Seen May 28th, 2019
Posted August 25th, 2018
1,839 posts
9.9 Years
Here as in Pokecommunity, the Off-Topic Section, the Underground, Discussions or this specific thread? You didn't exactly specify.

On topic, it seems like a decent way of keeping people engaged.

I support:

R.I.P Isaac J. Southerland Jr.
1946 - 2017

EC

Negative eight!

Age 28
Male
Youngstown, Ohio
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
5,487 posts
3.8 Years
I'm fine with it, but I don't like votes not counting towards the total. Some people don't even vote half the time, so that should be included.
I should've known from your strange foreign fish language!

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
20,665 posts
7.6 Years
I like it since it encourages people to maintain activity which can be a bit of a problem.

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
6,885 posts
9.3 Years
It's both more effective and reasonable than a mandatory vote, as has been the norm in the UG since inactivity began to plague it.

If you're only posting to vote, you're not even playing the game, so that's rather pointless.

Most games I've seen outside of the UG utilize this concept. I don't think it's expecting too much of the players. Players should be expected to actually play, after all.
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn

Advertiser Content