• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga idols! (idol general chat!)

Years

I keep forgetting they're a thing, but I know they're pretty damn popular and the anime concept seems fun.

Some merch I have so far. Just some Nendoroids and a Nesoberi plush
@donavannj I guess

Spoiler:

Anyone play Love Live! School Idol Festival?

Jealous of that training outfit Nico, really.

ALSO you should totally buy a toy bed from IKEA for your neso, ahaha.

And SIF is something I keep meaning to sit down and play (especially since I've run out of room to scout for more members), but I never feel up to a marathon session to actually git gud.

Omg this is gonna take me a while to go through haha

Yeah uh memes and clips are top-tier, tbh.

Working my way through the IM@S songs atm. May start that after some other anime.

Seen Idolmaster already. Cinderella Girls was okay, but I liked the original. I tried playing the Cinderella Girls game but it wasn't my thing.

Oh, right, marginal#4 songs. That's what I came here for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IYYXbotLJ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX_RuoG16Rs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFNWXhXFEY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLtkHo5dv-E

I'll also leave some Band Yarouze here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUwSr94FAzQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZXFAER-0m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr6cQLML5Ro

Huh. Maybe I'll watch it eventually.

@don aaaaa I love Ruby lmao. It makes me so sad how unpopular she is in Japan. Her merch goes for cheap, and her VA never gets too many cheers at live events. ; ;/ Such an angel does not deserve this. ):

From what I understand, they took some of her previously abundant defining traits and assigned them to other girls for the anime and retconned her like hell. :(

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Just finished listening to stuff linked!

I got into Love Live! several months ago and uh.. how to even post...

So hard to find unaltered songs on Youtube... Haven't dug deeper into the discography. Just stuff I like from playing the mobile game or watching the anime.
Fave songs not including those already mentioned in the thread:
Spoiler:

Seen Idolmaster already. Cinderella Girls was okay, but I liked the original. I tried playing the Cinderella Girls game but it wasn't my thing.

Oh, right, marginal#4 songs. That's what I came here for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IYYXbotLJ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX_RuoG16Rs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFNWXhXFEY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLtkHo5dv-E

I'll also leave some Band Yarouze here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUwSr94FAzQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZXFAER-0m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr6cQLML5Ro

I've heard the OP for Love Live (Bokutachi no Kiseki), START:DASH, snow halation, and the Love Live Sunshine OP before and I've always thought they were nice! The Sunshine OP was one that I downloaded while the anime was still airing.

For the stuff I haven't heard before, I think I like Daydream Warrior and THRILLING ONE WAY the best! Not sure if I'm a huge fan of male idols yet, there is an Idolmaster anime about the male game coming out soon so I won't pass judgements... anyway I think I like the Whiz one best out of the ones listed! Thanks for sharing everybody~

Dropping more Idolmaster.... (mostly Cinderella girls)
Hi-Fi Days
Wonder goes on!! (short TV version)
Nagareboshi Kiseki
BEYOND THE STARLIGHT
Star!! (op 1)
Shine!! (op 2)
Seizon Honnou Valkyria
Hanakanzashi
ANSWER

can't seem to find a few on youtube (mainly Heart Voice) but oh well I think that's almost all of 'em

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Not sure if I'm a huge fan of male idols yet, there is an Idolmaster anime about the male game coming out soon so I won't pass judgements...

Idolmaster Side M? The music is very good! But the game is browser based, and I couldn't get through it because it was too much of a hassle...

But there's a rhythm game for that one coming out. I heard about the anime an will definitely be watching it. I also heard Million Live is also getting a rhythm game in the future. I haven't played that one, though, ever, so... hmm.

Honestly, the best male idol game is Idolish7. I highly recommend that one as it's very story driven & the game is fully voiced. A third part to the story is coming out in six days.

Years
From what I understand, they took some of her previously abundant defining traits and assigned them to other girls for the anime and retconned her like hell. :(

Just curious, but why do you think this is so? I've been following Aqours since the very first reveal image with Chika on the beach, and since then Ruby has always been made out to be the same type of character she is now to me. That's absolutely my opinion though, but I'm not sure why people think she was retconned. Maybe I'm missing it?

Years
Just curious, but why do you think this is so? I've been following Aqours since the very first reveal image with Chika on the beach, and since then Ruby has always been made out to be the same type of character she is now to me. That's absolutely my opinion though, but I'm not sure why people think she was retconned. Maybe I'm missing it?

I'd have to dig out the rant on it, but I remember seeing it a while ago.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Not sure if I followed this correctly, but I've always thought that Ruby was one of the more unique characters in Aquors; the others seemed more like cookie-cutter copies of some girls from other shows but also including the original Love Live

Years
I mean, they're all variations on common anime character tropes in some way (though most anime characters are). Ruby just comes off as "generic really shy and child-like girl" to a lot of people, really, which is one of the tropes used to introduce her, and that puts people off paying attention to her. First impressions are important, even in anime!

Also quirks and things she did have in official works released before the anime were re-assigned to others:

Spoiler: Warning, Love Live! Sunshine character trait spoilers
XweeO9T.png

She was extremely popular back in late 2015, too. I really do think the anime tanked her character so hard, and then the skits where Ruby the character is basically dependent on Dia for everything probably don't help matters. also apparently someone asked this exact same question on the Love Live subreddit literally 20 hours ago and both the image and link are from that thread

Also ChikaRiko overshadows pretty much every other character in terms of time spent in the limelight within the anime itself, so there's that, too.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
*crashes through window*

DID SOMEONE SAY IDOLS

to be fair i've only ever seen love live! and played school idol festival, and i didn't fully finish love live bc i don't want to say goodbye to my girls.. ;o; but, i play school idol festival a lot.. i have a lot of log in exclusive ur's and a bunch of SRs from scouting, and a few SSRs. i will admit i've spent quite a bit of money on this game.. oops.

my fave idol best girl is rin hoshizora! i could relate to her not wanting to wear girly clothes a lot bc i don't either, but i also like her a lot bc she loves cats and is just so cute.. i love how she says nya so often<3 plsdontletmeknowshesallergictocatsirefusetoacknowledgethat

i do plan on finishing the love live! anime, and watching the movie and then turning to sunshine sometime though. not sure when. but eventually i will. but yes..i love idols ;3; if anyone knows of any other good idol animes with not generic characters or characters i can relate to pls let me know. i only know of love live! and idolmaster or whatever it is, and cinderella girls.

Years
*crashes through window*

DID SOMEONE SAY IDOLS

to be fair i've only ever seen love live! and played school idol festival, and i didn't fully finish love live bc i don't want to say goodbye to my girls.. ;o; but, i play school idol festival a lot.. i have a lot of log in exclusive ur's and a bunch of SRs from scouting, and a few SSRs. i will admit i've spent quite a bit of money on this game.. oops.

my fave idol best girl is rin hoshizora! i could relate to her not wanting to wear girly clothes a lot bc i don't either, but i also like her a lot bc she loves cats and is just so cute.. i love how she says nya so often<3 plsdontletmeknowshesallergictocatsirefusetoacknowledgethat

i do plan on finishing the love live! anime, and watching the movie and then turning to sunshine sometime though. not sure when. but eventually i will. but yes..i love idols ;3; if anyone knows of any other good idol animes with not generic characters or characters i can relate to pls let me know. i only know of love live! and idolmaster or whatever it is, and cinderella girls.

Miss Monochrome The Animation is actually a pretty fun parody of the genre. It takes a bit to get going, though, and it's a short that spans several seasons.

pkmin3033

Why isn't there more Kotori.

TxzuaWocbtuCc.gif

I've seen the first season of Miss Monochrome...I keep meaning to watch the second and third. It was quite amusing at points, although it was pretty short...anime shorts aren't something I'm overly fond of, outside of that one with the obscenely long name about the magical girl whose costume is a swimsuit.

I also forgot to mention I've played the Project Diva Vita games and Project Mirai DX. DoReMiFa Rondo is the best song ever. I tried some other Miku songs after playing the games, and I was quite surprised that they got the best songs in the games...

...that song also prompted me to give in and try osu! for a very brief period.

Years
Because Koto is a birb and I am decidedly pro-Nico and pro-Yohane, that's why there's low Koto quantities.

Miss Monochrome completely caught me off guard, really. Wasn't expecting anything from it. I was pleasantly surprised by what it brought.

I also own Project Diva games for my PS3 but have yet to find time to play them, whoops.

pkmin3033

Birb is the wurb, Kotori is best girl. At least nobody here is pro Umi.

I've actually wanted to get into Aikatsu for quite a while now, but the quantity of the episodes has put me off ever doing so...same with PriPara. Cinderella Girls will likely be my next idol anime after the LL movie...going to leave Sunshine until closer to when s2 is due to air so I can go straight into it.

Idol games seem to be gaining slightly more ground in the West; we've had all the recent Miku ones and I think we're getting an idolmaster game for (sigh) PSVR, too. Well, an Asian English version, which is as good as it gets with some stuff these days.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I've actually wanted to get into Aikatsu for quite a while now, but the quantity of the episodes has put me off ever doing so...same with PriPara.

I don't recommend Aikatsu. It's extremely repetitive. I watched all of it and it's p much the same thing over and over and over and over again. So, don't do it unless you like episodic shows.

I might watch Pretty Rhythm (except Rainbow Live, seen it) or Pripara, though.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
oooo did someone mention project diva? i did have project diva for playstation 3 but i lost it.. :c im not sure where the heck it went. i did have mirai dx for 3ds, but then i sold it after i unlocked all the songs and did them all and pretty much unlocked all the costumes and whatnot. they're cute games though and bring me back to when i was uber obsessed with vocaloids back around.. 5 or 6 years ago lol which is what my tumblr url is based off of. (a song called godslaying machine with hatsune mikus name in it. i refuse to change it bc..idk, ive had it for so long it'd feel uncomfortable to change it but yeah)

idk. project diva, good game series and i recommend it to anyone who likes vocaloids. uh..sorry if this is off topic

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
*crashes through window*

DID SOMEONE SAY IDOLS

there's another cat girl in cinderella girls (though a bit more extreme than rin..) if you're a fan of that type of character haha please watch cinderelal girls

pkmin3033

I don't recommend Aikatsu. It's extremely repetitive. I watched all of it and it's p much the same thing over and over and over and over again. So, don't do it unless you like episodic shows.

I might watch Pretty Rhythm (except Rainbow Live, seen it) or Pripara, though.
Is that so? In that case, I'll keep away from it until I'm a little more...invested in idols, shall we say. I'm still fairly new to the genre - I played Project Diva years ago, but it was for the gameplay/songs and not the idols - so it'd probably drive me away, haha. That CGI, too...I loathe notable CGI in anime.

The designs for idols in general are all very cute, though. The songs are hit-and-miss for me, but I love some of the costumes the girls have. The magical girl fan in me delights in the variety. Plus the fluff. There aren't enough cute girls doing cute things shows anymore.

...as a side note, any praise I have for idols in general excludes Umi. Umi deserves no praise.

Back