• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet 2th - Sugary Sweet Seconds! 8/21/2017 bugfix available

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 1, 2021
Hey there Ephraim225, after winning the medals at candy city, bundt cty and sugar city, when i won the bakewell island medal clearly it doesn't display it in both the trainer card and save state of the game i.e. it displays 3 badges when I have clearly won 4 badges!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2021
download problem ;-;

hi when i clicked on download and it starts downloading its just a blank piece of paper thats downloaded with the games name... i have winrar is there something im doing wrong? i tried dragging the blank paper onto my VBA rom (bcs sometimes that works for GBA games that are blank papers) but that didnt work just got this error message. pls fix it i never got the chance to play the first sweets game bcs by the time i found out abt it, it was probably taken down by nintendo like many other roms >.> i would love if u could just make it a rar file to download if thats not what u have done.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
download problem ;-;

hi when i clicked on download and it starts downloading its just a blank piece of paper thats downloaded with the games name... i have winrar is there something im doing wrong? i tried dragging the blank paper onto my VBA rom (bcs sometimes that works for GBA games that are blank papers) but that didnt work just got this error message. pls fix it i never got the chance to play the first sweets game bcs by the time i found out abt it, it was probably taken down by nintendo like many other roms >.> i would love if u could just make it a rar file to download if thats not what u have done.
The file provided here is a ups patch file. It must be patched onto a FireRed rom before it can be played. Therefore, in addition to the patch file, you will need a copy of FireRed (Squirrels) and a ups patching software such as NUPS.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
Just found another problem with your hack, my friend; sending Diggum out into battle crashes the game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
Not sure how that happened but you can fix it by setting hex address 90CAB4 to FF instead of FE.

Good show, but what about the problem with Diggum, my good man? That, and sometimes, super-effectiveness against pure Grape-types doesn't seem to be working... unless, I'm reading the typing chart wrong somehow.

Update: Big shock, I'm reading the typing chart wrong... it's just not clear which side is defending and which one is attacking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 27, 2017
Sooooo there was a glitch about the coin case at Glace city's game corner. See when i got the case from the man and talked to one of the people that gives me free coins, its says that a coin case is required, but the problem is that i already have the coin case. It goes the same for buying coins as well. Plz help

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 19, 2020
For some reason, the 1/18/2017 version crashes for me in some emulators. Right after the intro credits screen, before showing the main title.

In NO$GBA it just crashes, while in mGBA, it says:

"Jumped to invalid address: 09FE209C"

It works in VisualBoyAdvance-M1030b and My Boy! for Android.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen May 1, 2018
So is this rom hack still in development?

Side note : I love the first one! I'm glad you're still making rom hacks and this series~

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2017
The version 1-2-2017 and 1-18-2017 have the same problem as MattDarling when converting the patched GBA file to CIA file with Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS. Pokémon Light Platinum and Pokémon Clover did work. I wonder how you removed the introductory battle sequence so it skip to the start menu. I think this creates issue with some emulator that are closer to the actual GBA hardware, like mGBA and AGB_FIRM. If you could tell us a way to add the introductory battle intro back, at least to correct this issue, it would be a great help.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 15, 2019
The version 1-2-2017 and 1-18-2017 have the same problem as MattDarling when converting the patched GBA file to CIA file with Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS. Pokémon Light Platinum and Pokémon Clover did work. I wonder how you removed the introductory battle sequence so it skip to the start menu. I think this creates issue with some emulator that are closer to the actual GBA hardware, like mGBA and AGB_FIRM. If you could tell us a way to add the introductory battle intro back, at least to correct this issue, it would be a great help.
Same issue happens in first Sweet (tested on real hardware, AGB_FIRM and even VBA-M with a proper GBA bios loaded). My best guess is either what you said or the title screen itself (eg. graphics being too big in size or improperly compressed).

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2017
Yeah, I tried to correct it by repointing and changing the palette of the original introductory battle scene back to normal using unLZ, but it still freeze after the intro credit.

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
Years
I can't even BEGIN to say how hyped I am to play this (as soon as I finally finish playing through PokeSweet 1, because really, it took me long enough to do it!!!)

But, ah, you guys are doing such a wonderful job!!!

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I seem to have the same patching issue as mentioned before in this thread. I'm using the Squirrels version of Fire Red.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 17, 2017
How can i patch it? I followed exact instructions and used a program like multipatch but it still won't work

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 28, 2017
I don't know if this is already fixed. But when I entered Lemonade Port and talked to the gym leader in front of the gym, she showed me a pirate which invaded town. Then I disappeared and stood where the pirate stood. I could go in a building and it returned to normal, but the pirates where gone. So I can't do that gym.

Back