• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Let's try this!!

Forum User Name: Mochorro
Game(s): Yellow, Heart Gold, Sigma Σmerald, Platinum, White 2 (challenge mode, I want to die xD), X, Sun.
Pokémon Type: Fighting
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate!!

Ok! I hope to be able to make this! Ultimate challenge is tough and will take long but it will be fun!

I already finished the Yellow one, that one wasn't too hard, though a bit surprising. This run was a bit risky because when I started it I didn't remember about Poliwrath and was pretty scared, when I found it was available I thought this could go well. I went with an overleveled Mankey and Primeape through the first part of the game, and then I got a Machop. I was worried about the Pokémon Tower but with Machoke and its Dig attack it was really easy. With Machoke and Primeape I went to Saffron City as soon as I could to get Hitmonlee, and finally with the Good Rod and a little bit of grinding in the Rock Tunnel I got Poliwrath. Poliwrath with Ice Beam and Surf made a lot of battles much easier, especially late in the game. I suffered a loss, to Koga and his Venomoth, it is level 50 and with Psychic it literally destroyed my team. He caught me off guard because I didn't remember he had those Pokémon in Yellow, I was expecting a relatively easy fight against Weezing or Grimer with Machoke's Dig, but it wasn't like that! I was lucky to make it in the second try, don't remember how but it was again pretty close. I have to say Sabrina was much easier than I thought, because her AI is a bit stupid and she didn't use many damaging moves, she spammed Reflect and the weak Psywave. I was expecting a very tough battle, the hardest of the game, but it certainly wasn't like that. The Alakazam that gave me trouble was Champion Blue's one. I don't know if this is valid or not but I just had my HM slave lv 8 Pikachu left and then he suddenly became stupid, didn't attack, and I could heal my whole dead team with Revives. Then I killed it and after that it was quite easy. If this way is not ok due to the use of the Pikachu I can challenge the E4 again xD. I guess I exploited a lot Yellow's horrible AI in this run, in FireRed or LeafGreen it could have gone much worse. Here is the final team:

Lv 55
Spr_1y_062.png

Surf, Ice Beam, Submission, Hypnosis.

Lv 53
Spr_1y_106.png

Mega Kick, Strength, Jump Kick, Hi Jump Kick.

Lv 53
Spr_1y_057.png

Submission, Strength, Thunderbolt, Thrash.

Lv 54
Spr_1y_067.png

Rock Slide, Earthquake, Submission, Body Slam.

HM Slaves: Pikachu (Flash), Charmander (Cut).

Now I'll go for Heart Gold. I'll do my best and try to beat Red there. Really want to see Heracross in action there, although first we will have another Poli friend! I picked Heart Gold because Mankey appears in this game and not in Silver.

EDIT: Decided to go for Heart Gold instead of Gold.

EDIT2: I read I can play hacks in these challenges, so I am changing Emerald to Sigma Σmerald, a hack based on Emerald!

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Pokemon Moon Fire Monotype Update 7: Burnt out Motors
Spoiler:

Update: Ghots might not be flammable, but a spinning Lariat does the trick
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
The Ultimate Monotype Challenge!

2. Pokémon HeartGold Water Fighting Monotype update 1!

Ok, I started the run! Fighting-types appear quite late in this game (you need the Old Rod to get a Poliwag, which is quite rare, and you don't get the Old Rod until you reach the Pokémon Center near Union Cave). So, I picked Cyndaquil and went as fast as I could through the Bellsprout Tower and the first Gym, then I reached the Pokémon Center at Route 32 to get the Old Rod. Then I backtracked to Route 31 and fished for a while (thankfully not for too long!) until I got a lv 10 Poliwag! I caught it, and it now follows me everywhere. I battled all the trainers I had left behind (some fishermen), which were quite tough because I only had Bubble until at level 11 Poliwag learnt Water Gun. We suffered our first loss to the Fisherman with Goldeen. I was not doing enough damage and it kept using Leer until it ended killing me with Peck when I only needed one more attack to finish it off. I got a Shell Bell, equipped it to Poliwag, and went through Union Cave quite easily (the trainer with Slowpoke was a bit hard but my Poliwag had already learnt DoubleSlap, which made it a bit easier.) I ended up reaching Route 33 and Azalea Town. I am closer to getting Heracross, but until that, things are gonna be pretty tough... I hope that Poliwag can beat Bugsy and the rival all by himself (I didn't think about this, but thankfully he doesn't have Bayleef!)

Current Team:

Lv 16 Poliwag (Shell Bell). Hardy Nature. Male. Water Gun, DoubleSlap, Hypnosis, Bubble.

Number of Badges: 1.

Current Location: Azalea Town.

Number of losses: 1.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years

Monotype Challenge: Grass​

Moon​

latest
latest
latest
latest

latest
latest

• cleared the battle royale
  • kiawe is difficult
  • grinded my team
  • defeated kiawe
  • defeated mallow
  • evolved stenee
  • evolved morelull
  • evolved dartrix
  • defeated olivia
  • evolved fomantis
  • cleared aether foundation and nihilego
  • saved before sophocles' mountain

Team​
Spoiler:

*will be posting images soon

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
Hi there! Instead of doing a normal ultimate challenge, what I will be doing is completing every single monotype possible for the Kanto games! I am already finished with Normal and Fire (I can show proof if need be) and am currently working on water.

Forum User Name: The Sceptile King
Game(s): Yellow, Fire Red/Leaf Green
Pokémon Type: All of them (minus dark steel and fairy)
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single

As for my water update, I am currently in Pewter City and am training to beat Brock

Team

7.png

Squirtle
Level 10
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Bubble
- Withdraw

Badges : 0

Last edited:
Years

2. Pokémon HeartGold Fighting Monotype update 2!

Last time I stopped playing at Azalea Town and now my Poliwag has destroyed Team Rocket there, reaching level 20! But then...

Just 2 words. F*** Bugsy. My Poliwag suffered loss after loss to his Scyther. I don't have to explain many things, just look at this:

MRpbiWF.png

The picture says it all... I use my X Accuracy (for Hypnosis), and my X Defense (although he negates it with Leer...) His U-turn does insane damage, and Leer and specially Focus Energy make it extremely dangerous (a crit is a one-hit ko). I try to force him to use his Super Potion on Metapod or Kakuna and set up the rain against those. Though it's no use, and as I lose these items I have no choice but to reset after the battle to keep them. I learnt, though, that Poliwag learns Body Slam at lv 21, so maybe I have a chance with that move, Water Gun is weak, even with Rain up... Will tell later today how the fight went!

Current Team:

ziLgugJ.png

Lv 20 Poliwag (Shell Bell). Hardy Nature. Male. Water Gun, DoubleSlap, Hypnosis, Rain Dance.

Number of Badges: 1.

Current Location: Azalea Town.

Number of losses: 7.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2018
I'm cancelling my Platinum Grass monotype and switching to a White Normal monotype. Too much honey tree grinding for me, but I may pick it up in the future.

Forum User Name: Veggieburrito
Game(s): Pokemon White
Pok?mon Type: Normal
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single

Years

2. Pok?mon HeartGold Fighting Monotype update No. 3!

I finally made it! I beat that Scyther! Grinding just one more level made things much easier, with Body Slam Poliwag koed the Scyther in 4 hits (factoring Sitrus Berry recovery), and it also Paralyzed him. After a Leer his U-turn left me with 3 HP so there was a scary moment there, but I could heal comfortably against Metapod and after that I won quite easily. After this battle, the rival was no match for my lv 22 Poliwag with Body Slam, Croconaw just fell very easily, and Zubat and Gastly didn't do anyhing theatening. Next up was Ilex Forest, where I finally got Headbutt to catch Heracross... and I suffered my 8th loss in the run (what an awful number for so early in the game...)

I was having fun before backtracking to get Heracross, catching a few Pok?mon using Headbutt, one of them was a Pineco, only a Lv 6 Pineco. You know now what happened, right? My Poliwag had almost full health, but Pineco used Selfdestruct... and it was a critical hit. I couldn't believe it. One more loss, and quite a stupid one... Well, I went back to Route 33 to get a lv 4 Heracross there. It was Brave, a decent nature as it will be very strong but not very fast. I grinded it a bit through Ilex Forest and Route 34. Heracross is proving to be an outstanding Pok?mon, even with only Horn Attack it deals a lot of damage. I caught the Drowzee needed to get Machop at Goldenrod. That's the first thing I did there, I went to the department store to do the trade. I don't know if it is a set nature or not but I can say Lonely is quite decent for a Machop (+Atk). And after getting a few items in Goldenrod, I stopped playing. Now I have to level up a bit the Machop and the Heracross, exploring every possible place before battling Whitney, which I honestly expect to be quite easy. I guess from now on the game will become quite easier, with Heracross and Machop helping Poliwag. I guess (or rather, I hope!) my number of losses won't go up for quite a bit of time. It has been quite challenging and interesting going with Poliwag alone through some tough battles, though!

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 2.

Current Location: Goldenrod City.

Number of losses: 8.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: 2. Pok?mon HeartGold Fighting Monotype update No. 4!

As I suspected, with Heracross and Machop the game became much easier, I have everything much more under control. Heracross is... a bit broken. It learnt Brick Break battling the trainers at the National Park and route 35, at lv 19, and with that move Whitney was extremely easy. Her Miltank made it flinch twice with Stomp, but Brick Break left her in red and the Super Potion didn't heal enough, with one more hit she fell! So I got my third badge! Next up was Ecruteak City. The first thing I did there was getting the HM 03 Surf for Poliwag and the Dowsing Machine, and then went east to Route 42, getting HM 04 Strength and a TM containing Shadow Claw and going through Mt. Mortar to get a Mankey outside. I also reached Mahogany Town, but just to make it flyable to, I didn't explore it. The Mankey was lv 15 and Naughty, a quite decent nature. I taught my team some moves like Payback for Machop, U-turn for Mankey and Shadow Claw for Heracross using TMs. Then I began using Mankey, and also beat the rival easily at the Burned Tower.

With Heracross and its Shadow Claw, Morty was quite the joke to be honest; only Gengar survived. He put me to Sleep and hit me with Shadow Ball but I woke up early and easily killed him. So now I have 4 badges! Also Poliwag has evolved into Poliwhirl! Time to go west to Route 37, using Mankey as it is a bit weaker than the rest!

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 4.

Current Location: Route 38.

Last edited:

The Sceptile King

Years
Kanto Monotype Gauntlet - Water Type Update #2
(completed : Fire, Normal)

Since I last left off, I have been grinding my way through Kanto, and rather than taking you through all the normal plotlines everyone experiences in their games, ill take you through my personal ones that make this playthrough unique

- I evolved my Squirtle in route 3 to a Wartortle
-I grinded the heck out of every trainer so that I could have a Blastoise before the Rival fight on the SS Anne
- I solo'd the game until Celadon City where I picked up a Vaporeon
-Vaporeon and Blastoise tore through everything until i got the pokeflute and the Super Rod, where I caught a Poliwhirl and a Staryu
- I have been taking out the trainers in the post-snorlax routes, and have been grinding my new team members up to an acceptable level.

Team

9.png

Blastoise
Level 43
- Surf
- Bite
- Mega Punch
- Mega Kick

134.png

Vaporeon
Level 31
- Surf
- Sand Attack
- Bite
- Quick Attack

121.png

Starmie
Level 31
- Psychic
- Surf
- Recover
- Rapid Spin (soon to be Tbolt)

62.png

Poliwrath
Level 30
- Brick Break
- Hypnosis
- Surf
- Dig

I have one more team member planned, but I wont be getting them until a little later

Badges 3/8
Currently in Fuchsia City

Years
Spoiler:

Wow you really leveled up that Blastoise, it's going to make the game easy! By the way, is it Lapras the other Pok?mon you plan to add? ;) Anyways, here comes another update!

2. Pok?mon HeartGold Fighting Monotype update No. 5!

I left last time I updated at Route 37, but I realized I could use Surf in the overworld now, and decided to explore the world using it! I have done a lot of backtracking, beating trainers at Route 34 for a Power Herb, surfing in Cherrygrove to get some Mystic Water for Poliwhirl, clearing the 4 Ruins of Alph puzzles... I even set my feet in Kanto! By the way, I almost caught Entei, an Ultra Ball span 3 times! I had a few tough battles at the Ruins, with a quite strong Girafarig for my team and a few Selfdestructing Geodudes on my way there through Union Cave. I also got the TM for Drain Punch, but for now I keep it, I don't know who I will be teaching it to; and a Silk Scarf from my mother which was given to Primeape. After all of this, I kept going and reached Olivine City, where in the Lighthouse I got 2 evolutions! Mankey became Primeape and Machop Machoke! Now Jasmine told me to look for medicine for Ampharos, and that is the next thing to do! By the way I plan to evolve Machoke when it reaches lv 40.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 4.

Current Location: Olivine City.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years

Monotype Challenge: Grass​

Moon​

Bag_Normalium_Z_Sprite.png
Bag_Fightinium_Z_Sprite.png
Bag_Waterium_Z_Sprite.png
Bag_Firium_Z_Sprite.png
Bag_Grassium_Z_Sprite.png
Bag_Rockium_Z_Sprite.png
Bag_Electrium_Z_Sprite.png
Bag_Steelium_Z_Sprite.png

Bag_Ghostium_Z_Sprite.png
Bag_Buginium_Z_Sprite.png
Bag_Darkinium_Z_Sprite.png

• defeated Sophocles' trial, despite some difficulty because Bug>Grass
  • cleared Acerola's trial
  • defeated Guzma and liberated Po Town
  • saved in Aether Paradise

Team​
Spoiler:

*will be posting images soon

The Sceptile King

Years
Wow you really leveled up that Blastoise, it's going to make the game easy! By the way, is it Lapras the other Pok?mon you plan to add? ;) Anyways, here comes another update!

Yeah, I kinda overleveled him, but I made up for it by barely using him in this update, and no, it wasn't Lapras I was planning to use ;)

I have kinda been grinding this game a lot today and am nearly done with my game!
This update has just been me grinding the entire time, and working on taking out gyms when i'm a high enough level, thats really it.

I am currently in Viridian Gym, and I feel like I am ready for the E4 right now!

Team -

9.png

Blastoise
Level 45
- Surf
- Bite
- Strength
- Mega Kick

Not much has changed with Blastoise, aside from me giving him stregnth instead of Mega Punch for utility and the higher accuracy, aside from that, he has taken a backseat and let the other team members develop

134.png

Vaporeon
- Surf
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Bite

Vaporeon has never been a pokemon I was super thrilled to use, but I picked it up because it was one of the only water types I could use before getting past snorlax, and I have to say that I am happy I did, it is tanky enough and deals enough damage for me to even say that Vaporeon is my favorite eevelution now.

62.png

Poliwrath
Level 45
- Brick Break
- Hypnosis
- Surf
- Dig

Poliwrath has been great all around in both attacking departments, and has been one of my favorite pokemon to use so far. I have never used one in a playthrough before, but I will definitely be doing so again! No complaints here.

121.png

Starmie
Level 44
- Surf
- Psychic
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

One thing Starmie has over everyone else is this overpowered movepool. It is a great member and I can definitely say that Starmie has been the MVP ever since I got it, just due to it's clutch ability and how it covers nearly everything, especially water counters.

141.png

Kabutops
Level 45
- Slash
- Mud Shot
- Surf
- Rock Tomb

Okay, this is where I spent most of my day, even if leveling Kabutops up to level 40 was not as hard as it seemed at first, it definitely wasn't easy. I grinded it all the way up to level 33 and used all 7 Rare Candies I had saved up until then and I just popped them all into Kabutops mouth. It is a fun thing to use and is a great physical attacker, as it has the highest single attacking stat out of any of my pokemon! I will be replacing Mud Shot with earthquake and then Kabutops will be tearing through everything.

Badges 7/8

I feel like this is a solid team and they play off of each other very well. I think it will be hard to top this team in the end, but it will surely be fun to finish this one out!

starryAstrophysicist

Gazing up at the sun, moon, and stars
Years
Forum User Name: starryAstrophysicist
Game(s): Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black, X, Moon
Pok?mon Type: Normal
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

Years
Yeah, I kinda overleveled him, but I made up for it by barely using him in this update, and no, it wasn't Lapras I was planning to use ;)

Aw, well, I tried xD, I really like that team you made though, Kabutops is very cool! Anyways...

2. Pok?mon HeartGold Fighting Monotype update No. 6!

Well, I have made some progress, I already have 6 badges! There were not remarkable tough battles in the process. After being asked for help to heal Ampharos, I surfed beating all the trainers to Cianwood, where I battled Eusine and Chuck. Chuck was demolished by Heracross' Aerial Ace, an extremely easy battle, only Poliwrath offered a bit of resistance but Heracross ended up beating him. My fighting types prevailed over his! So that is the fifth badge! Then it was time to go back to Olivine, but before that I explored the Safari Zone and the routes before it, catching a lot of Pok?mon. Farfetch'd has joined my team as a HM Slave with Cut and Fly. After spending some time there, I went back to Olivine to heal Ampharos and challenge Jasmine. It was a pretty easy fight where I used my 4 Pok?mon, Machoke and Primeape for the Magnemite and Heracross and Poliwhirl for Steelix. Heracross weakened the lv 35 Steelix a lot but ended up falling, though it made it very easy for Poliwhirl, who took the steel snake down with a single Surf! And that's it for now, now time to go to Mahogany and crush Team Rocket.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 6.

Current Location: Olivine City.

Last edited:
Years
Name: LRachelR5
Type: Steel
Single/ Ultimate?: Ultimate
Games: HeatGold, Omega Ruby, Platinum, White 2, X, Moon

Quick Question: Can I stop when the credits roll on all the runs except for HeartGold in which I wanna get up to Red

The Sceptile King

Years
Water Monotype is done, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, it was a really good run with a bunch of great pokemon, but on the other hand it was a really good run with a bunch of pokemon that's now over.

I guess I might as well post the final update while i'm here

Not much happened since last time, I grinded everyone up to level 50, which wasn't too hard considering I fought everyone in Giovanni's Gym as well as in Victory Road. Once I hit level 50 I figured it was time to go into the elite 4.
I guess I'll just narrate each fight like it happened because that seems cool

Loreli
Starmie had thunderbolt and poliwrath had brick break, that's all I needed

Bruno
Starmie shines once again and took out his first three pokemon but eventually died to hitmonlee, and Vaporeon took over and finished the job

Agatha
Whoa starmie is really good here I guess ill just use it here too and psychic everything

Lance
Lance was pretty ez because Vaporeon knows Ice Beam and also got 3 Acid Armors off so it was Free

Rival
It took everyone, but Blastoise and Vaporeon were the two to clutch it out and finish the fight while I max revived Starmie to finish the job.

I won't post the final team because I have screenshots that do a way better job than I could have.

Screenies

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other note, I am on to two more challenges, I will be doing a grass monotype on my physical copy of Leaf Green and I will be doing electric on my emulated fire red version, expect updates soon!

Last edited:
Years

2. Pokémon HeartGold Fighting Monotype update No. 7!

I made a lot of progress! First of all I have to say that beating Team Rocket was extremely easy. I caught the Red Gyarados and just destroyed them in their hideout in Mahogany. With my Fighting types, Pryce was a extremely easy fight. That was my 7th badge! Next up was the Radio Tower. I dispatched the rival there quite easily, and also the Rocket Admins (the last one had Houdoom but it was easy for my Fighting-type Pokémon.) Gotta say that while I was playing my mother sent me a few good items, like a Choice Scarf and a Muscle Band. From now on things began to become interesting. I arrived at Blackthorn City, where I battled Clair. And that was quite the battle! The Gyarados was very troublesome as I don't have any strong moves against him. I beat it using Poliwhirl's Body Slam but I needed to use a few Moo-Moo Milks. Primeape handled a Dragonair, and Heracross (always Heracross!) beat the Kingdra with a Brick Break + Close Combat combo and the other Dragonair with a Close Combat. So, after going through the Dragon Den, I got my 8th badge! After that, I received the Master Ball from Professor Elm and went to battle the Kimono Girls. OMG. These were some tense battles. I gave my Heracross a Choice Scarf to outspeed and attempt to kill Espeon with a Shadow Claw. First up was Umbreon, who confused and was very close to beating Machoke (I needed to heal against it). Machoke ended up fainting due to Submission recoil when finishing it off... Then, Espeon, thing began to become hard here. It survived the Shadow Claw and hit Heracross with Psychic, leaving it with 5 HP, then it fell. And next was Flareon, IIRC. It beat Heracross with a Quick Attack, but was easily taken out by Poliwhirl. But next, Jolteon... He could beat both my remaining Pokémon with TBolt, so I was forced to revive Heracross and destroy it with Close Combat. I only had Heracross alive, and to play safe, I revived Machoke for Vaporeon. Heracross managed to survive Vaporeon's attack with 5 HP and then after healing beat it. So that was it! I stopped playing there. Now time to go to Bell Tower (I already explored the Whirl Islands to get a few items).

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 8.

Current Location: Ecruteak City.

Last edited:

The Sceptile King

Years
Just a quick update while I have time

I am currently in pewter city with my electric monotype and this was a bad idea. Pikachu won't be able to do anything to brock until level 20 when he gets slam because quick attack sucks and won't to jack at this point. send help or ideas please, thanks in advance, Darth.

Team
25.png

Pikachu
Level 16
- Thundershock
- Double Team
- Quick Attack
- Thunder Wave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also a quick update on my grass monotype, I am in Mt. Moon and just caught my second pokemon

Team

2.png

Ivysaur
Level 18
- Tackle
- Vine Whip
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

46.png

Paras
Level 7
- Scratch
- Stun Spore
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also going on a road trip soon and will not be able to play my Kanto games, so I will be doing a Water monotype on Soul Silver, just for fun

Name: The Sceptile King
Type: Water
Single/ Ultimate?: Single
Games: Soul Silver

starryAstrophysicist

Gazing up at the sun, moon, and stars
Years
Log #1

- Grabbed a Charmander from Oak and defeated rival.
- Delivered Oak's Parcel.
- Caught Gusty (Pidgey) on Route 1 and placed Charmander in Box.
- Caught Ratty (Rattata) on Route 1.
- Moved through Viridian Forest.
- Trained Gusty and Ratty to Level 20, evolving them in the process.
- Used Gusty to defeat Pewter City Gym.

Team

Gusty (Pidgeotto) Lv. 21
pidgeotto.png

- Gust
- Sand Attack
- Quick Attack
- Whirlwind

Ratty (Raticate) Lv. 20
raticate.png

- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Quick Attack
- Hyper Fang

Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black, X, Moon

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

Double Team spam against the Geodude, using Potions to heal, is the only idea that comes to my mind apart from overleveling.

2. Pok?mon HeartGold Fighting Monotype update No. 8!

Well, again another big update, and a new member for the team! First off, I climbed the Bell Tower to fight Ho-Oh. I managed to catch it, although I have to say that I had to reset once because it died to Struggle, and my HM Slave Slowbro helped a lot in the fight, especially when he only had Extrasensory left. I could have used the Master Ball but decided not to for the fun of the challenge. In the end, I managed to Paralyze it with Poliwhirl's Body Slam and catch it with an Ultra Ball!

After the battle, I remembered that I had Waterfall, so I could explore Mt. Mortar more and get Tyrogue. That is what I did, but in the process I evolved my Machoke when it reached lv 40, so now I have Machamp! But the Tyrogue I got... It was Bold (+Def, -Atk), an awful nature. So, again using Waterfall, I caught a Ditto at Route 47, and it was Jolly, then I evolved Tyrogue into Hitmonchan and equipped an Everstone to the Jolly Ditto. And time for breeding! With the Everstone, I got 5 Jolly Tyrogue from Eggs, and after training them up to lv 4-5, they had more or less the same stats, but I picked the one with more Sp. Defense + the attribute "Likes to fight". And time to grind Tyrogue to get another Hitmonchan it was! This Tyrogue had 2 points of Attack more than Defense, so I needed to EV train it with the Exp. Share below Blackthorn City against Pok?mon like Gligar, Graveler and Geodude and use 5 Irons (I have so little money now xD). So I got another Hitmonchan, but one I actually wanted to train (not a Bold one).

I went for Hitmonchan because my team needs coverage badly and Hitmonchan with its elemental punches can help a lot. Also I trained a Hitmonlee in the Yellow monotype. I like Hitmontop a lot though... Anyways, I decided not to grind Hitmonchan without progressing, I went through Routes 27 and 26 to reach Victory Road with the Exp Share attached to Hitmonchan. Here I battled my rival. It was a very easy fight, it just had a bad moment when I predicted a Waterfall from Feraligatr to finish off my Primeape, and I sent my weakened Poliwhirl with Water Absorb, but he went for Slash and beat Poliwhirl. After the fight, my whole team was at lv 42 while Hitmonchan was at lv 30. I decided to grind everyone to lv 44 for the E4 challenge. Hitmonchan with Iron Fist, the Elemental Punches, and Sky Uppercut is quite good. So that's it! The next update will tell about my first attempt to beat the E4! Quite excited for it!

On a side note, now it's no longer Wednesday in Spain, and I forgot to get the Black Belt at the Lake of Rage..., I'll have to wait for another week to get it. :(

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 8.

Current Location: Indigo Plateau.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back