Tool Cry Editor Page 3

Started by esperance August 8th, 2016 7:02 PM
  • 85 replies
Seen November 18th, 2017
Posted June 23rd, 2017
9 posts
3.2 Years
It won't let you import/export any cries at all? What changes did you make to the INI?
I have the modified INI Right here:

Spoiler:
; FireRed (English)
[BPRE]
TextTable=eng
NumberOfPokemon=1020
CryData=80D260
GrowlData=8C8D3C
HoennCryOrder=8C5E8C
PokemonNames=80D260

I'm using this patch that adds in all Pokemon up to Gen 6 (ORAS Megas and Primals included).
don't go to the bulbagarden forum's SM Section. please. don't
Age 19
Female
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted January 16th, 2020
131 posts
6 Years
After inserting the cries with this tool, PGE gives me the error "Arguement 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value." , can anyone help

This only seems to be a problem with the Pokemon Editor in PGE.
PGE occasionally gives this error if the cries are compressed. Keep them uncompressed.

Also, cries don't actually play ingame if they're written to an offset that doesn't end in 0, 4, 8, or C. The program should probably only suggest those offsets for free space.
Male
Alola Reigon
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
147 posts
3.3 Years
PGE occasionally gives this error if the cries are compressed. Keep them uncompressed.

Also, cries don't actually play ingame if they're written to an offset that doesn't end in 0, 4, 8, or C. The program should probably only suggest those offsets for free space.
I did this but it still gives me the error.... BTW I have been using the 'Free Space Finder' tool and not Cry Editor's built-in one. So could that be a problem?
Seen July 3rd, 2018
Posted June 27th, 2018
94 posts
4.2 Years

A Cry Editor (needs a catchy name)

I've created a simple tool to easily allow the editing of cries in the 3rd generation games. Pretty straightforward. The tool is currently usable but is definitely still in development.

Features

• Import/export cries as WAV files.
  • Cries can be saved compressed or uncompressed.
  • Repoints a cry only when it needs to, and overwrites the old cry with freespace.
  • Should update growl table as well as cry table.
  • Correctly loads Hoenn Pokmon.
  • Cry playback.

A note about the compression (read more here): because of how the compression format works, the range of sound a cry can have is limited compared to the uncompressed format. When importing a new cry, compressing it can lead to the sound quality being lowered/sounding odd. Unless you're sure it will sound correct, be sure to save imported cries as NOT compressed.

Spoiler:
Here's a video demonstrating what I mean:

Screens

Spoiler:
A view of the main interface.

A view of the main interface with a Japanese game loaded (old version).

Downloads

Latest Release: Here
Latest ROMs.ini: Here

Make sure you have the latest .NET Framework (4.6.2) installed on your machine.
Im trying to edit the cries on 7 gen, everything works fine, but when I reach the pokemon number 825 I cant add more cries, I mean, I cant clic on import or export, do you know why?

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams

Male
A deep underground lab somewhere...
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
96 posts
7.3 Years
Does this work with expanded pokemon? I expanded up to 500 using PGE and editing the ini just shows blank spaces beyond that. Id prefer Mega Charizard X not to sound like Bulbasaur lol
Check Out My Projects:

& My Ultimate Fire Red Base
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409672

Discord to join my Wish/Rombase server for updates, questions, and info:
https://discord.gg/N46NeqS

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
2,488 posts
11.6 Years
Someone in the spanish community Whack a Hack! and I found a small bug with the tool, @esperance.
Apparently, if you modify 2 cries in a row the 2nd one doesn't work In-Game. It doesn't freeze the ROM or anything but it just doesn't sound.
I've recorded a small video showing it, I basically replaced Charmander's and Charmeleon's cries with Rowlet's and Dartrix's.
Male
Venezuela n_n
Seen April 22nd, 2020
Posted April 13th, 2020
75 posts
6.1 Years
Someone in the spanish community Whack a Hack! and I found a small bug with the tool, @esperance.
Apparently, if you modify 2 cries in a row the 2nd one doesn't work In-Game. It doesn't freeze the ROM or anything but it just doesn't sound.
I've recorded a small video showing it, I basically replaced Charmander's and Charmeleon's cries with Rowlet's and Dartrix's.
The problem persists :/
Male
Seen January 13th, 2018
Posted October 13th, 2017
15 posts
3.3 Years
I'm having the same problem as well.

YoY-X

@thedeleteable

Male
USA
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
120 posts
2.5 Years
Can somebody link me their .ini that works with an expanded ROM?

Thank you,
This might work
Age 26
Male
Brazil
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted April 22nd, 2020
29 posts
2 Years
I'm having trouble using extended pokedex.
I have the correct offsets, number of pokemons, growls offsets...
But when I enter all the creatures, using PGE, I save the addresses, but still in the game the expanded pokemons are mute. Until the volume at the time they are accessed the sound disappears, but they make no sound. I need deeper insights on how to have no problems.
Male
Seen February 26th, 2020
Posted April 10th, 2019
476 posts
2.5 Years
How exactly would I use this to replace the cries of the 25 unown slots? I don't want to have to expand the number of Pokémon until I've exceeded 25 new species, but even then everyone else seems to be having an issue where it'll replace Bulbasaur's cry with the imported one.
-------------------------
I hate signatures that are just a line of text without any clear division. You weirdos know who you are ;)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
2,488 posts
11.6 Years
How exactly would I use this to replace the cries of the 25 unown slots?
You can't, because they don't have one by default. You have to make a new table for those 25 slots' cries.
I honestly never messed around with that too much, but I remember there was this tutorial written in French that explains how to do it.
Male
Seen February 26th, 2020
Posted April 10th, 2019
476 posts
2.5 Years
You can't, because they don't have one by default. You have to make a new table for those 25 slots' cries.
I honestly never messed around with that too much, but I remember there was this tutorial written in French that explains how to do it.
Actually, they DO have their own cries. It's a duplicate of Unown - one for each slot. Most programs and tools just refuse to support those slots, though, because "MuH eXpAnDeD tAbLeS . !"
I hate signatures that are just a line of text without any clear division. You weirdos know who you are ;)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
2,488 posts
11.6 Years
Actually, they DO have their own cries. It's a duplicate of Unown - one for each slot. Most programs and tools just refuse to support those slots, though, because "MuH eXpAnDeD tAbLeS . !"
If you look at the disassembly and decompilation projects (which even if you don't use them for serious ROM Hacking, can still be used as a complement in many binary hacking related tasks), you would notice that Unown only seems to have 1 cry. What its formes do is simply play that same cry. They don't have one of their own.
Naturally, that means that if you change Unown's cry you'll also be changing its formes' cries.
The funny thing is, that you'll also be modifying the cries for the 25 empty slots between Celebi and Treecko, that's because those 25 slots are duplicated data of the Unown Formes.
What I'm trying to say here, is that there isn't a duplicate of any cry. Both, the Old and the New data for the Unown Formes play the same cry, Unown's.

With that being said and as I mentioned before, the tutorial written in French that I linked before explains to you how to make a proper cry table for those 25 slots, so you can insert 25 different cries for those 25 slots.
Male
Seen February 26th, 2020
Posted April 10th, 2019
476 posts
2.5 Years
If you look at the disassembly and decompilation projects (which even if you don't use them for serious ROM Hacking, can still be used as a complement in many binary hacking related tasks), you would notice that Unown only seems to have 1 cry. What its formes do is simply play that same cry. They don't have one of their own.
Naturally, that means that if you change Unown's cry you'll also be changing its formes' cries.
The funny thing is, that you'll also be modifying the cries for the 25 empty slots between Celebi and Treecko, that's because those 25 slots are duplicated data of the Unown Formes.
What I'm trying to say here, is that there isn't a duplicate of any cry. Both, the Old and the New data for the Unown Formes play the same cry, Unown's.

With that being said and as I mentioned before, the tutorial written in French that I linked before explains to you how to make a proper cry table for those 25 slots, so you can insert 25 different cries for those 25 slots.
I've seen tutorials explaining explicitly that they have their own cry as a duplicate , but whatever.