• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Gen 4 Pokemon

Narwhal

Meme Lord
Years
Empoleon is still my favorite starter. First try on Pearl i got it shiny and it was the first pokemon i got shiny that was level 100. I probably kept on using it up to X and Y because i wanted to try a new team.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
I am playing pokemon prism so here are my favs from Generation 4:

Frosslas
Gallade
Leafeon
Glaceon
Shieldon (it's so cute)
Mamoswine
Magnezone
Magmortal
Shinx line (yeah i know they aren't dogs, but i grew to it after seeing Clemont catch it)
Dusknoir (thought unoptainable in that game, the upgraded grim ripper looks badass)

Last edited:
Years
Empoleon is still my favorite starter. First try on Pearl i got it shiny and it was the first pokemon i got shiny that was level 100. I probably kept on using it up to X and Y because i wanted to try a new team.

I nicknamed my Empoleon "Napoleon". Fitting, no? XD

FlauntingTaunter

FlauntingTaunter
Years
  • Age 24
  • Hell
  • Seen Jun 15, 2017
My favourite would have to be Torterra.
But what I really want to ask is why your opinion on Arceus is so negative?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 16, 2019
Lucario, Garchomp, Togekiss, Honchkrow, Empoleon, Infernape, Darkrai, Shaymin, Mismagius, Roserade, Luxray.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 16, 2019
Lucario, Garchomp, Togekiss, Honchkrow, Empoleon, Infernape, Darkrai, Shaymin, Mismagius, Roserade, Luxray.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Giratina - design that really suits a powerful legendary pokemon, and its shiny colors are pretty awesome too!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 17, 2021
I always had a soft spot in my heart for Gliscor. Weavile and Honchkrow are also cool; honestly, most of the evolutions introduced in this gen were well thought-out. Except Lickilicky. And Ambipom. We don't talk about them. Rotom is also a personal favorite of mine. The concept of a poltergeist who hides in various household objects is pretty cool and I like it's design. I only hope that Rotom Pokedex is available to train in S/M 2. Can't forget Staraptor either, he's by far the coolest early game bird.

As for ones I hate; hoo boy. I hate a lot of this gen to be perfectly honest, many of the designs seem either bland or stupid. I'm just gonna spoiler this...
Spoiler:

Also, obligatory Lucario-is-overrated comment. I like the guy alright, but he never really left the impression on me that he did on a lot of other people.

Last edited:
Years
For me it's Shaymin. I only thought Shaymin was 'ok' at first, but its sky forme made it my favourite Gen IV pokémon. Shaymin was one of the first event pokémon I ever received by wi-fi trade and also one of the first I received via wi-fi mystery gift, so it gives me fond memories of the early days of internet connectivity in pokémon.

Other cool Gen IV 'mons - Staraptor, Azelf, Floatzel, Lucario, Weavile, Giratina, Empoleon, Darkrai, Gallade, Dialga, Shellos, Cherrim, Frosslass, Gastrodon, Buizel and finally Luxray.

Pave Low2

Everything
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2018
I'm a big fan of the new evolutions that were added in gen 4, I really like Electivire, Magnezone, Rhyperior etc. but still my favourite Pokemon from the gen is Lucario. Always has been. It's difficult to say exactly why, but its always been a Pokemon I appreciated and instantly grew on me, maybe the anime had something to do with it. I guess its design and genuine strength instantly appealed to me, the typing was nice too.

Years
I actually love most of the new Pokemon here, some notable picks of mine including the Drifloon, Stunky, Riolu, Buneary, Shinx, Hippopotas and Buizel lines. I also all the starters and the new evolutions of older Pokemon such as Yanmega, Roserade, Ambipom, Tangrowth, Froslass and the two new Eeveelutions named Leafeon and Glaceon.

Oh, and Honchkrow and Mismagius too. Munchlax and Pachirisu are also super-adorable.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 18, 2017
Diamond was my first pokemon game and so my favourite has to be the first pokemon I caught. It has to be. The first pokemon I had was chimchar but the first I caught was starly. At the time anyone I battled or all my friends ignored it and thought it was terrible. Now its actually one of the best regarded flying types. Also my first level 100, got there legitimately.

Back