• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen PC Plays... Pokemon White! (Poll #5 is up - Is Lillipup worth it?)

Should we keep Lillipup on our team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
I think a Lillipup. It makes a great and solid team member early in the game with its decent power and useful attacks.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Before I forget we've got to name Oshawott! Juniper is practically yelling at me to name it. :(

Also screenshots are a pain and will require a little longer lol

Years
As someone who is an established regular of this section, it's fair to say that Oshawott shall be named after yours truly a.k.a. me.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I've always liked Oshawott's Japanese name, but I'm iffy about final evolutions having their base Pok?mon name, so no Mijumaru. Hikamaru would be a nice alternative, but may I propose a different nickname...

Scooter. Scooter the Oshawott.

Isn't it cute? :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Hildawalkdown.png

Unova... what is the Unova region to me? I pondered as I met Professor Juniper. She claims she's a professor but I don't trust her yet. She's not giving me enough reason to trust her. I suppose she has a cute little creature but... I don't know. A Minccino? Or something like that? I'd rather have a cappuccino but all we apparently have in this region is a Casteliacone. They told me to be prepared for such a different experience to what I'm used to but this is SO odd.

She keeps telling me that this blonde haired girl is my childhood friend. I've NEVER met her. I have no clue who she is. And this Cheren man? I have nooo clue either but HE seems like the bother.

Okay, so she wants to know about me. I guess I'm Touko. Or at least they THINK I'm Touko. Maybe. If I tell them that's my name they have no reason to question... anything.

HildaChallenge.png

Ahhhh no... they want me to battle. How to fake my battling skills? I don't know. Now THIS is a great challenge. Maybe that's the great challenge they told me about...

Anyway. Hello. If you're reading this you're about to hear all about my journey in Unova. It was a tough time for me, at least for the first two years. I'm not going to spoil all the fun though. I'm someone you know... or may have heard of. I'm not going to release those details yet, though!

Okay, where was I at? Ah yes, so I battled them. Faking it was hard. But it's ok, I still managed to make it believable. This Cheren guy though... I don't trust him. I think he's up to no good. Bianca seems like she's a decent girl, when she's not getting yelled at by her father. I mean it's not her fault, from what I can see, but... I dunno.

Ah well. I started to really think about my choices when I saw the Woobat fly away. They were so different to what I knew. Was I ready for this? Could I pull this... off?

Anyway. Professor J asked me to name my Pokemon (I chose the blue thing by the way, for some reason they didn't brief me on the starters) and... the only name was Hikamaru. I couldn't think of any other name. But I can't let anyone know I chose that name. I'll be referring to my Oshawott as Hikamaru in here but to everyone else it is named Scooter. It's just the safer choice.

Bianca asked us to walk into Route 1 together... ohhhh THIS will be fun. It's time to catch my first Pokemon now. A Lillipup. It's cute, at least. Reminds me of a Pokemon I knew really well... level 4. Should be no problems for Hikamaru. I caught it but I don't know if I want to keep it. I don't know if it is the best choice, I don't know Unova that well, after all.

Spr_B2W2_Hilda.png

. . .​

What do you guys think? Should we keep Lillipup on our team? It's Quiet, Proud of its power and can occasionally Pickup items.

...also screenshots aren't as cool as this. ;)​

Years
Lillipup, Lillipup, my Lillipup go...

Sorry I couldn't resist the meme, but yeah we should keep it.

Years
I surely remember that meme... but yes, it's one of those Pokemon that managed to keep consistently strong throughout the game. I'd say go for it.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
When Your Lilipup has evolved to Stoutland. it will be useful to your team since Stoutland can be HM Slave learn "Three-element Fang" and any other Physical normal type move and have great base Stats Attack.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
7eBmqI9.png

Lillipup's not a bad thing to get. When I was playing White for the second time I caught one and it did pretty well for the whole game. Quiet is kind of an ass nature for it though.

Years
7eBmqI9.png

Lillipup's not a bad thing to get. When I was playing White for the second time I caught one and it did pretty well for the whole game. Quiet is kind of an ass nature for it though.

i have a lillipup in white as well.... her name's lilli. *i love her ♥ * & her nature's impish :)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That reminds me haha. This will be continued super super soon! :)

Back