• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Day Care [Web Application - ALPHA AVAILABLE]

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years

POKEMON DAY CARE
for Web

Hi all, some of you may have seen my app of this same concept - and I have been researching how to recreate the game as a web application. This one would utilize fitbit steps and be much more accessible for people.

I want to learn how to do this and get a feel for how making a web application works, and while I'm excited for the process - it will probably take a little while. Nonetheless, hopefully I can increase my knowledge and make a fun web application for everyone to play in the process!

BACKSTORY

You are the trainer Gold! Professor Elm is undertaking more research regarding Pokemon and their bond between their trainers, and needs help. He is testing passive ways of levelling and nurturing Pokemon that does not require battling. Since Professor Oak labels you as a master hatcher, you agree to assist Elm in hatching and caring for Pokemon by simply walking with them. Professor Elm gives you a new Pokedex with a pedometer that converts your steps into experience for Pokemon.

Your research will not only help Professor Elm understand more about the importance of Pokemon bonding without battles, but also more about baby Pokemon and incredibly rare evidence of seldom seen Pokemon!

(It's essentially the same as the app version but there will be more functionality (hopefully))

Spr_5b2_172.png
Spr_5b_173.png
Spr_5b_174.png
Spr_5b_175.png
Spr_5b_236.png
Spr_5b_238.png
Spr_5b_239.png
Spr_5b_240.png

FEATURES

Coming Soon...

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

WANT TO HELP

If you want to help and know anything about web applications/databases/html/css chuck me an email!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Well... Surprised there are no posts ? I mean i was a huge fan of your Iphone app, but i didn't have any Iphone so i was mad about this. But with that and as i can see, Shiny stuff, i'm really hyped about this.

Just a question. How you'll deal with database ? Because you'd have to pay etc for this ?

Thanks !

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Well... Surprised there are no posts ? I mean i was a huge fan of your Iphone app, but i didn't have any Iphone so i was mad about this. But with that and as i can see, Shiny stuff, i'm really hyped about this.

Just a question. How you'll deal with database ? Because you'd have to pay etc for this ?

Thanks !

Thank you!

Progress is very slow but I've ironed out most of the details that I need for minimum functionality, then staggering updates until my full vision is achieved.

Once I get to the stage in development where I can put up a website for beta-testers I'll pay out of my own pocket for databases and servers and everything else that will be needed.
The whole project is a one big learning experience for me, but I think it will be an SQL Database, possibly deployed on Microsoft Azure or something.

I've gotten a full time job since I've started working on this - but the project I'm working on involves a web app with a connected SQL database so it's perfect for some learning.

But once the web app is at the stage when services will need to be purchases - they will be from my pocket. I'm intending for this app to be free of charge at all times.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Thank you!

Progress is very slow but I've ironed out most of the details that I need for minimum functionality, then staggering updates until my full vision is achieved.

Once I get to the stage in development where I can put up a website for beta-testers I'll pay out of my own pocket for databases and servers and everything else that will be needed.
The whole project is a one big learning experience for me, but I think it will be an SQL Database, possibly deployed on Microsoft Azure or something.

I've gotten a full time job since I've started working on this - but the project I'm working on involves a web app with a connected SQL database so it's perfect for some learning.

But once the web app is at the stage when services will need to be purchases - they will be from my pocket. I'm intending for this app to be free of charge at all times.

Well, it's really amazing to see progress on it because i was playing with my Pokemon Pikachu for a few days but it's so much a collection thing that i was looking for something like this. So i'm really a fan of the project !

I'll look for a cheap fitbit stuff in order to have the game working with it even if I don't see how i'll be able to link the game and the fitbit stuff haha ! If I can help as a beta-tester i'd love.

After I guessed so for SQL Database, but I hope you'll be able to deal with money because I've played a game A LOT and now has problem with money and can close at any time. So I always fear that for games, because I want them to be alive for a long long time. But you still could accept help from players in the future I guess. Hope it'll be alright for you.

Anyway can't way to see a first version of the game. Really.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
A lot of progress has been made on this project!

When I first started sketching out how I wanted this site to work I couldn't wrap my head around any of it.
But now the only super taxing thing I can think of is going to be entering all the data for the pokemon!

I've finally managed to have a concept on how the back end database tables will interact with each other! Here's a little schema:

currentDB_zpsyry96drr.png

Bear in mind that's not the entire thing yet! There are still tons of Tables to add regarding pokemon moves, evolution, trainers, items, achievements, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting right now!

Not to mention, I have to update tables with extra columns once I get the core functionality to work - just cool additions so I can display data in cooler ways (countries with the most pokemon, most hatched pokemon, etc). But at the moment, the only data in the database is a lonely bulbasaur! So sad :(

By accident, I've also got the important user information encrypted in another database - for security (visual studios kinda did that for me thank goodness).

But since I'm working on core functionality before adding styling to it - I only have two pretty pages to share!

home_zps8u39rgoa.png

Welcome_zpswagnbxos.png

The main page is going to need heavy revamping - so I'm working on the PC and Pokemon pages at the moment! Lots of fun!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Capturge_zpsw9rimwwo.png

Capture_zps2jj5744m.png

Progress is coming along smoothly!
The functionality for the pokemon pages now work 100%!
That includes levelling and evolving! Adding to the players party and items will be integrated pretty soon!

Once that is done, the design will need to be touched up a little (a lot) more and then I think it would essentially be playable!

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
wow. You went so fast to make everything, it's impressive. I really need to find a fitbit thing (cheap i hope) in order to be ready for your game.

Keep the good job, you have a fan already haha !

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
wow. You went so fast to make everything, it's impressive. I really need to find a fitbit thing (cheap i hope) in order to be ready for your game.

Keep the good job, you have a fan already haha !

Thank you! Don't worry - you have plenty of time - this won't be ready for a while I don't think.

On that note - I've done a pretty big revamp of the layout!
What do you guys think?

home_zpsnj9dcdsq.png

pokemon_zpsn5jqiyuc.png

egg_zps46o8fa0t.png

pokedex_zpsnzesckfy.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
Do we have to use a fitbit with this, or is it possible to use anything that tracks steps like a samsung gear for example?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Do we have to use a fitbit with this, or is it possible to use anything that tracks steps like a samsung gear for example?

Unfortunately it is solely for fitbit, I don't know what a samsung gear is or how I would integrate that into the site.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
Unfortunately it is solely for fitbit, I don't know what a samsung gear is or how I would integrate that into the site.

Ah ok. A samsung gear is a smart watch I think? But it also has a step counter

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Ah ok. A samsung gear is a smart watch I think? But it also has a step counter

I've taken a look at the samsung gear dev and api and it looks like integration would definitely be possible - but it's not something I would add until very late in development. Sorry

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
I've taken a look at the samsung gear dev and api and it looks like integration would definitely be possible - but it's not something I would add until very late in development. Sorry

Thats OK. Thank you for looking into it!

Back