Advertiser Content

Emerald Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914] Page 15

Started by DraconianWing September 22nd, 2015 5:56 PM
  • 457 replies

easyaspi314

Male
Johto. Or, to be serious, Massachusetts.
Seen October 14th, 2018
Posted January 8th, 2018
101 posts
3.2 Years
So I was able to download the rom no problem, but where can I go to find an emulator that it works with?
Spoiler:
Windows, Mac, and Linux
  • mGBA - I have recently discovered this one. It seems to be really good.
  • VBA-M - A trusty classic with more features than mGBA, but seems to not play white noise properly.
Android
  • John GBA Lite - Solid if you don't want to pay for an emulator. It has ads, but is one of the few fast, reliable, and fully featured free GBA emulators. Its controls are pretty damn nice.
  • MyBoy! - Faster than John GBA and seems to be better on the battery, although the controls are only decent. Don't bother with the free version (aside from testing), you can't use save states.
iOS
  • GBA4iOS - Literally your only option.

I have a doubt
If I use a .sav modifier program like A-sav or pokecraft, when I change a pokemon that could have an ability not availabre in 3rd gen like Torchic w/Speed Boost, they change the hability automatically to Blaze and I can't change it back.
Simple solution:
Spoiler:
Don't use A-sav or Pokécraft. {XD}

Mochorro

Age 24
Male
Spain (Málaga)
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
267 posts
7.8 Years
I see this hasn't been updated for a while, and the creator hasn't connected for almost a month, but I guess v. 1.82 is pretty nice! I like how this resembles ORAS in a lot of aspects, this looks like a great hack! I am doing an Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Fighting monotype in every region), and so far I have beaten Yellow and HeartGold. I have decided that for Hoenn I'll go for this game, as hacks are allowed! Hope it goes well!! I'll post about the run in the Challenge subforum, which is by the way a very cool subforum and I invite you all to come and participate in it! I leave the link here:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=388312

By the way, I hope the creator comes back soon, as I've read all of his updates include many cool features, the game has kept on improving a lot.
Pokémon Trial Black will be coming soon! Explore Unova again in a challenging adventure with multitude of changes!

Hacks I support (I support most of them these are my favourite ones or ones I've put a lot of time on!):

Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon XG, Pokémon Gaia, and Pokémon Resolute Version.

Mochorro

Age 24
Male
Spain (Málaga)
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
267 posts
7.8 Years
Well, I finished my Fighting-monotype in this game, the chosen one for exploring Hoenn, and I enjoyed it a lot! It was a lot of fun, the E4 rematches were amazing and quite tough, and the variety of Fighting-types I could train was also pretty nice. It feels unnatural, though, to be able to catch some Pokémon and never see them in trainers' teams, but I read the creator did that on purpose, so no complaints.

There are also a couple of more issues I'd like to address. First of all, the grinding to E4 rematches after beating the Pokémon League for the first time is awful. I know in vanilla Emerald it's similar, but I don't know, maybe give access to a Lucky Egg or raise a bit the level of the final rematches. I grinded against lv 47-51 Pokémon in route 117, where there are 2 breeders. And speaking of rematches, they are a bit broken, they don't check for the number of badges you have. After getting the fifth badge, I fought a few times vs. a Rich Boy near Rustboro and in the end he had a lv 49 Typhlosion when my team had lv 33-34 Pokémon. I don't know if this is possible, though...

I also find troublesome that there are so many roaming Pokémon (one of the Latis, Groudon, Kyogre, Raikou, Entei and Suicune). Finding them is a nightmare.

Apart from that, not much to complain, really, it's pretty solid and enjoyable! I know that things like the lv 50 Zapdos will be changed so that you cannot fight it until later in the game, so that's nice! Maybe Steven could be a bit stronger, his Pokémon levels are lower than those of Wallace in the rematch. But as I said, this is just what I would change, the experience was very fun it took long but the Monotype was completed. I ended having lv 73-75 Pokémon, so yeah, you can see I played a lot. Keep it up and I'll be checking for future updates if they come!
Pokémon Trial Black will be coming soon! Explore Unova again in a challenging adventure with multitude of changes!

Hacks I support (I support most of them these are my favourite ones or ones I've put a lot of time on!):

Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon XG, Pokémon Gaia, and Pokémon Resolute Version.

DraconianWing

Aerilate Thrasher

Age 20
Male
Fallarbor Town
Seen June 2nd, 2019
Posted September 8th, 2018
954 posts
7.1 Years
My Blastoise can't learn Hydro Pump. Is that supposed to happen?
Blastoise learns it at level 60
Typo: Acid Says "Sefense" instead of "Defense"
Thanks, will fix for the next update

Who can learn Energy Ball and Giga Impact and at what lvl? I've seen the A.I. doing those moves, but I can't seem to. Is there a NPC who teaches them?
As of now, they are only included in level-up learnsets. Slaking learns Giga Impact and Energy Ball is leanred by the Treecko, Lotad, Cacnea, and Lileep lines. Both moves will definitely be included in the added TM roster.

Well, I finished my Fighting-monotype in this game, the chosen one for exploring Hoenn, and I enjoyed it a lot! It was a lot of fun, the E4 rematches were amazing and quite tough, and the variety of Fighting-types I could train was also pretty nice. It feels unnatural, though, to be able to catch some Pokémon and never see them in trainers' teams, but I read the creator did that on purpose, so no complaints.

There are also a couple of more issues I'd like to address. First of all, the grinding to E4 rematches after beating the Pokémon League for the first time is awful. I know in vanilla Emerald it's similar, but I don't know, maybe give access to a Lucky Egg or raise a bit the level of the final rematches. I grinded against lv 47-51 Pokémon in route 117, where there are 2 breeders. And speaking of rematches, they are a bit broken, they don't check for the number of badges you have. After getting the fifth badge, I fought a few times vs. a Rich Boy near Rustboro and in the end he had a lv 49 Typhlosion when my team had lv 33-34 Pokémon. I don't know if this is possible, though...

I also find troublesome that there are so many roaming Pokémon (one of the Latis, Groudon, Kyogre, Raikou, Entei and Suicune). Finding them is a nightmare.

Apart from that, not much to complain, really, it's pretty solid and enjoyable! I know that things like the lv 50 Zapdos will be changed so that you cannot fight it until later in the game, so that's nice! Maybe Steven could be a bit stronger, his Pokémon levels are lower than those of Wallace in the rematch. But as I said, this is just what I would change, the experience was very fun it took long but the Monotype was completed. I ended having lv 73-75 Pokémon, so yeah, you can see I played a lot. Keep it up and I'll be checking for future updates if they come!
Thanks for the feedback! I've been unable to get much work done because of graduation and a new summer job. For now the plan is to fully implement the new battle engine and introduce new TMs (bringing the in-game total to 100; I'm having a difficult time deciding whether to base it on ORAS' roster or make it something that resembles D/P/P's TM list). The Battle Frontier teams need an overhaul as well.

Aside from further testing the legendary beasts, I don't plan on changing the roaming aspects of the Lati, Groudon's and Kyogre's.

As for Lucky Eggs, there is a 5% chance that it will be held by any wild Chansey or Pelipper you encounter. It's a tough find, but definitely accessible.

What meteor crash?
How do I get the aurora ticket? Can I have a clear answer because op can't
After you see the rock at Mossdeep that lets you battle Jirachi

"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
Seen April 16th, 2019
Posted May 9th, 2018
49 posts
2.6 Years
B

As of now, they are only included in level-up learnsets. Slaking learns Giga Impact and Energy Ball is leanred by the Treecko, Lotad, Cacnea, and Lileep lines. Both moves will definitely be included in the added TM roster.
Thanks for the feedback. Just a few more things.

What about Egg Moves? Will it be any updates towards that. I wanted to breed a Dragon Rush Charizard, but it didn't work. Will the expanded TM roster have Dragon Rush in it?
Seen June 26th, 2018
Posted October 14th, 2017
24 posts
2.1 Years
This may be against what many people want but I'd love this hack to be purely Emerald only with upgraded mechanics. There are already so many hacks that try to squeeze in as many Pokemon as possible, not saying that's a bad thing. I mean, you can't have it all. It's either you focus on quality or quantity.

But an Emerald hack with new moves, new abilities, upgraded battle/breeding mechanics, and quality of life updates all around; AND an upgraded Battle Frontier to top it all off? I'm smiling just thinking about it...

Edit: After playing through the game, I've noticed Pokemon from other region. I think that's good as long as adding more Pokemon is not the top priority.
I also like how the TM givers tell you straight that TMs are reusable now.

However, non-deletable HMs are still a thing. Could this be changed in the future?

Edit: Don't know if I should double-post or just keep editing this but could buying Lava Cookies be made easier in the next update? Right now, you have to buy them one at a time from Mt. Chimney.

And maybe you could also add more spaces to the bag. I've seen other hacks do that.
Seen May 9th, 2018
Posted May 9th, 2018
4 posts
2.1 Years
Loved your hack! I only have one question: Once Flare Blitz isn't avaliable in the game, I've tried to change the base power from flame wheel from 60 to 90, using PGE's Attack Editor. In the program, it looks right after I changed and saved, but in the game, it still shows 60 BP... How can I properly change Flame Wheel Base Power? Thanks!
Seen December 2nd, 2017
Posted September 28th, 2017
16 posts
6.6 Years
This may be against what many people want but I'd love this hack to be purely Emerald only with upgraded mechanics. There are already so many hacks that try to squeeze in as many Pokemon as possible, not saying that's a bad thing. I mean, you can't have it all. It's either you focus on quality or quantity.

But an Emerald hack with new moves, new abilities, upgraded battle/breeding mechanics, and quality of life updates all around; AND an upgraded Battle Frontier to top it all off? I'm smiling just thinking about it...

Edit: After playing through the game, I've noticed Pokemon from other region. I think that's good as long as adding more Pokemon is not the top priority.

However, non-deletable HMs are still a thing. Could this be changed in the future?

Edit: Don't know if I should double-post or just keep editing this but could buying Lava Cookies be made easier in the next update? Right now, you have to buy them one at a time from Mt. Chimney.

And maybe you could also add more spaces to the bag. I've seen other hacks do that.
Mega evolutions for the 386 pokemon should happen though, they are a new mechanic and many of them are great designs (Banette, Altaria, Mawile, Sableye)

DraconianWing

Aerilate Thrasher

Age 20
Male
Fallarbor Town
Seen June 2nd, 2019
Posted September 8th, 2018
954 posts
7.1 Years
UPDATE:

With the updated Emerald engine undergoing a reboot, I believe that it would be optimal to put the Sigma Emerald project on hold for now. Updates will continue to be released regarding minor bugs whenever I have free time, however the extension of the TM roster, cross-gen evo 'mons and the overhaul of the Battle Frontier will not come until the completion of the new engine. I deeply apologize for doing this, but with so little time to work on the hack, I believe that it is for the best. I owe my gratitude to those who have supported and helped with the project during the past few years.

Thanks for the feedback. Just a few more things.

What about Egg Moves? Will it be any updates towards that. I wanted to breed a Dragon Rush Charizard, but it didn't work. Will the expanded TM roster have Dragon Rush in it?
Egg moves will not be touched until the new moves are introduced with the new battle engine. Currently, post-Gen 3 moves cannot be bred onto eggs.

Also, I found this image on pokemoner:

[link redacted for linking to a ROM sharing website]

May you use this as the title screen? Please please please?
Well, not as the title screen for the actual game :P But it's a nice banner, I'm going to try to get ahold of whoever made it so that it can be used as the cover image on the OP.

I plan to introduce extended bag space alongside the TM expansion.

"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
Seen January 10th, 2018
Posted September 16th, 2017
1 posts
2 Years
Hey! I just wanted say that I had bug against an Voltorb with the the Ability Soundproof, where it was immune to all moves. I was able to win because I had a Kirlia in my team with ability trace so I could win with struggle (which worked surprisingly).
I didnt see anyone else who had this problem so I thought should post about it.
Seen December 2nd, 2017
Posted September 28th, 2017
16 posts
6.6 Years
UPDATE:

With the updated Emerald engine undergoing a reboot, I believe that it would be optimal to put the Sigma Emerald project on hold for now. Updates will continue to be released regarding minor bugs whenever I have free time, however the extension of the TM roster, cross-gen evo 'mons and the overhaul of the Battle Frontier will not come until the completion of the new engine. I deeply apologize for doing this, but with so little time to work on the hack, I believe that it is for the best. I owe my gratitude to those who have supported and helped with the project during the past few years.

Egg moves will not be touched until the new moves are introduced with the new battle engine. Currently, post-Gen 3 moves cannot be bred onto eggs.

Well, not as the title screen for the actual game :P But it's a nice banner, I'm going to try to get ahold of whoever made it so that it can be used as the cover image on the OP.

I plan to introduce extended bag space alongside the TM expansion.
What about mega evolutions?

nemesish

Azure Trainer

Lima, Perú
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
419 posts
11.7 Years
What about mega evolutions?
Probably with the new engine.
The game is good as it is.
Games I support:

Pokemon Reborn - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
Fire Red Nameless - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Theta Emerald EX - Snowy White
Advertiser Content