• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Darthatron's Hacks

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Here are some hacks that I have made for people. I hope you enjoy them. I have attempted to explain how they work as well, for those who want to learn. :)

Remove the "Previously on your quest..." scene from game load.
Spoiler:

Run a script from an items "Use" command or from registering it from select...
Spoiler:

More to come as I can be bothered.

EDIT: Also feel free to ask about/request stuff here. I may not do all requests, but I'll try my best. :)

Hey dude, if I want to make it work with an option on the START Menu, what I need to change on that routine? I need to call a multichoice box with an option of the START Menu.

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
Years
Run a script from an items "Use" command or from registering it from select...

While this is better than JPAN's method (due to his not working with Select or in the Berry Pouch), the script offset is static, so you would have to use a separate routine for each item you wanted to use.
I added a bit at the end that takes the script pointer from the last 4 bytes in the item data (aka the "Extra" field in G3T) just like JPAN's routine.

Routine:
Spoiler:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I have huge problems with this hack. Every time when i set by this script something to work. My game freeze. I adding to main script in ASM +1 where i put link to script. But why game freeze?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I tested it (on emerald) and it works
I know it's been a lot of time since that post, but I remembered it and decided to come and ask for help.
I don't quite understand what exactly is failing.

What I'm trying to do is to attach jiangzhengwenjz's EV/IV Screen for Emerald onto my Theta Emerald EX ROM for personal use.
I inserted the routine from the main post at E1ABB0
Changed "XX XX XX" to "EF 04 80" since 8004EF is where I've inserted the script that would allow me to activate the EV/IV Screen.
I already configured the Item that I want to use for this accordingly too (Index 34 because it comes after the Green Shard, Use-of-SELECT and the field usage on Item Manager is "8E1ABB1").
I left all the files from jiang's code by default, so the callasm 0x8F90001 should work perfectly on my ROM.
This is the script I've attached to the item
And finally, this is the result:
po0EWQV.gif

Halp..? ;_; ....

EDIT: Fixed, Phenom's routine does work.

Last edited:
Years
Having some trouble with this in emerald, I am trying to have an item set or clear a flag (200) but I either get a black screen or the item is selected with no message and the cursor is locked until B is pressed, with the flag not being set or cleared. I have Phenom's routine inserted at 0xE446D0 with the script I am trying to run at 0xE44512 so the pointer is 12 45 E4 and using the Complete Item Editor I have the item (Exp. Share if that matters) Type set to Use-of-SELECT and Use set to 01 Anywhere, in the Script Item section, ScriptOffset at 08E44512, and ASM offset at 08E446D0. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Back