• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: New Alola forms

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
Honestly, I think Pokemon that were once just fillers for the Pokedex should be given higher priority. For example, no 7th gen newly introduced Pokemon "sucked." So, crappy and unused Pokemon like Sunkern and as pointed out earlier, Sunflora, should be given Alola forms. But, even some good Pokemon deserve Alola froms. In my opinion, the Johto starters have been ignored for way too long. They didn't get megas, they were not revamped in anyway, and honestly, after playing with them in the 7th gen, I feel that the G/S and the HG/SS versions were much better. So, atleast give them Megas, or to commomerate the return of G/S, gove them Alola forms. Or atleast pokemon from that gen. But yeah, thats what I feel. Also, who is with me for Alolan Gyrados?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
I think an Alolan Kanto Starters would kind of cool. Since Kanto was referenced a lot in the base Sun and Moon games. Also maybe some Alolan Johto Pokemon maybe also be cool! Or even Alolan Johto Starters!

pkmin3033

I think an Alolan Kanto Starters would kind of cool. Since Kanto was referenced a lot in the base Sun and Moon games. Also maybe some Alolan Johto Pokemon maybe also be cool! Or even Alolan Johto Starters!
I don't think Alolan Kanto or Johto starters are too likely...if Kanto starters were going to be a thing, they would have been a thing in S/M, given their shameless Gen I fan pandering. The Johto starters were available in S/M via Island Scan and they didn't have Alola forms then, so it'd be odd if they had them now. I'd discount Gen V starters for the same reason, and with ORAS fresh in our minds Gen III starters seems unlikely. I'd say Ash-Greninja's existence rules out the possibility of Gen VI starters.

That said...I wonder if Alola Sinnoh starters are possible. Given that we're getting strong hints at Sinnoh remakes, and Sinnoh Pokemon are getting promoted in the 20th Anniversary movie, it would make a certain sort of sense for them to plug this idea even further by having Alolan form Sinnoh starters, if they were going to have any starters at all.

blue

gucci
Years
The fact that the Pokémon with Alolan forms are those roaming in the wild who've adapted to the habitats makes me think that the reason behind the starters not having Alolan forms is because they can't be found in the wild. It wouldn't make sense for them to have alternate forms from that perspective. Also, for the case of the Kanto starters I'd argue that it is also down to the fact that they already have Mega Evolutions which coincidentally, none of the Alolan Kanto Pokémon have either.

Years
Gimme that Pineco in a coconut form. Bug/Grass, or go even crazier and make it something weird like Grass/Fighting. A Fighting type without arms or legs would be a challenge to make, but I think it could be done.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I would like to see a new form for Fearow, I think he's a very underrated pokémon. Maybe a dark flying type? It would look cool

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I just feel like Stantler would end up being a pot-belly, tiny version of itself.
What kind of person would you have to be to not want this??? I was going to talk about making adorable new versions of all the electric rodents but now I'm #TeamStantler

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I'd love the generation 2 Pokemon to get some Alolan forms (Although I realized a lot of them are already in the Alolan's dex).

Imo, those that've already received Mega Evolution will not get an Alolan form I guess.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I would not like to see anymore Dugtrio with fabulous hair, that's for certain.

Years
I saw a rumour of an Alola Form for Slugma that is Ice-type. I have to admit that would be an interesting idea, in that its body is made of snow. It's already a terrible evolution line, but I wouldn't mind something different done with it.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I saw a rumour of an Alola Form for Slugma that is Ice-type. I have to admit that would be an interesting idea, in that its body is made of snow. It's already a terrible evolution line, but I wouldn't mind something different done with it.

An ice-type Slugma seems like it will still be weak.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
I want an angel version of Houndoom, maybe fairy/flying type. Also alolan eevee and evolutions.

Years
I want an angel version of Houndoom, maybe fairy/flying type. Also alolan eevee and evolutions.

That reminds me of my idea of an Alola Form for Ponyta and Rapidash, with the latter being a Fairy/Flying pegasus. Come on Game Freak, do it.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
We don't have a pegasus, do we? It would definetley be a unique pokemon, something they should have done rather than giving three moles long hair.

Back