• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 9, 2021
I need help on World Championship. There is two person blocking the entrance on world championship saying that "This is the last and greatest challenge for any POKEMON trainer". I already done beating the two league and I catch legendary first before going to world championship. There is something that I forgot to do first?. Thanks for helping me

Any solution for this problem? I get the same problem :(

Honest

Hi!
Years
Got bored so I downloaded an emulator and this game. Been having a blast, it's really made me reminiscent of my youth. :') Great game so far!

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
It would be awesome if it was possible to implement a "721 pokemon" patch (like Nameless Fire Red and Theta Emerald EX).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 7, 2017
Hi guys!
I just traded my kirlia for an haunter, but it didn't evolve. Is a bug? I have pokemon light platinum final

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Hi guys!
I just traded my kirlia for an haunter, but it didn't evolve. Is a bug? I have pokemon light platinum final
Are you sure it's the final version? I think trade evolutions were changed to level ones only in the plus version.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 8, 2017
Are you sure it's the final version? I think trade evolutions were changed to level ones only in the plus version.
I also have this problem, but with onix not evolving into steelix. I downloaded the mega edition and can confirm that I have the final version running.
What do you mean bý the trade evolutions were changed to level ones only?
I tried leveling up the onix, but he did not evolve even though he held the metal coat.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I also have this problem, but with onix not evolving into steelix. I downloaded the mega edition and can confirm that I have the final version running.
What do you mean bý the trade evolutions were changed to level ones only?
I tried leveling up the onix, but he did not evolve even though he held the metal coat.
The mega edition wasn't an official release, so I can't say anything about that. In the plus version, Onix evolves at Level 30.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 24, 2020
Hi guys, which version of Pkmn Ruby should I use to get LP+ working ? Thanks !

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Not new here, but I?ve never posted before.

I love this game, and I just now started playing again on my iPhone. I realized there are a few different versions available, though. Can anyone explain that to me?

So far, I?ve seen Mega, Plus, and Final.

Which of these is the most recent or better version to play?
Final was the last official release by the hack's translator.

Plus is not an official version; it adds the PSS split, new Pokemon, new moves, etc. The exact details are given somewhere deep inside this thread. But it also introduced new bugs and glitches and I think the final event is not playable (from what I've heard; I've never played it).

Not sure about Mega. Probably another unofficial mod which adds permanent mega evolutions.

Trainer 766

Wait, Light Platinum has PSS Split? I thought implementing such feature into a Ruby rombase will cause much inconvenience. Or is it just mere icons like in Ruby Renev?

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Evolving pokemon crashes the game for me instantly, both when I used the water stone on Feebas soon as I caught it at the lake and getting Charmander to lvl 16 before the first Diamond battle. Using mGBA if that matters, wondering if its a emulator thing or not.

Huge shame cause I been wanting to try out this hack for a very long time but wasn't sure which version to use untill now, ended up trying Plus.

Years
Evolving pokemon crashes the game for me instantly, both when I used the water stone on Feebas soon as I caught it at the lake and getting Charmander to lvl 16 before the first Diamond battle. Using mGBA if that matters, wondering if its a emulator thing or not.

Huge shame cause I been wanting to try out this hack for a very long time but wasn't sure which version to use untill now, ended up trying Plus.

If you want to beat the game, I would recommend the one snakebyte released.

Back