• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add New Pokemon In 15 Easy Steps!

Years
so then, what about the pokedex entries????

i'v added 2 pokemons, its succesful working, theres just one thing, when chaugt its shows a ratatta next to it. becuase of the entries. and the pokemons cant be found in the pokedex

Do you think using a tutorial from 2009 in 2016 is a good idea?
It's not.
We don't 'add' pokemon like that anymore. See my signature for EM Pokemon adding. For FR google Pokemon Expansion Fire Red.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
so then, what about the pokedex entries????

i'v added 2 pokemons, its succesful working, theres just one thing, when chaugt its shows a ratatta next to it. becuase of the entries. and the pokemons cant be found in the pokedex

I have heard that the rattata apearing when catching a pokemon can be fixed by giving proper habitat to the added pokemons.... just look at my signature.. i have a tutorial on editing habitat for added pokemons...
its a hex editing though :)

Years
I have heard that the rattata apearing when catching a pokemon can be fixed by giving proper habitat to the added pokemons.... just look at my signature.. i have a tutorial on editing habitat for added pokemons...
its a hex editing though :)

oh great, i will try it out!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
I know you can add new Pokemon in the GBA roms by using the question mark slots after Celebi, but that's only 25 new Pokemon. Is there anyway that I could possibly add all of the Pokemon from gen 4,5, and 6? Maybe even 7?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I know you can add new Pokemon in the GBA roms by using the question mark slots after Celebi, but that's only 25 new Pokemon. Is there anyway that I could possibly add all of the Pokemon from gen 4,5, and 6? Maybe even 7?
NEVER use those 25 slots for anything except a Givepokemon, a Givegg or a Mega Evolution.
They're NOT normally usable because they lack proper Pokédex data and making them usable is pointless.

With that being said, you can use Karatekid552's Gen III Hacking Suite or Gamer2020's Pokémon Game Editor to expand the amount of Pokémon in your ROM.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks for these links! I'm trying to use the Pokemon Game Editor, but when I try to click on the Pokemon Editor button, I get this error: System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. I can technically still use the program, but I'm worried this might mess it up somehow. (And if I'm not supposed to talk about this program in this thread, could someone kindly guide me to one?)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Ok so i try to add some pokemon and i started with chikorita...all of the tutorial was going pretty good up to the point i had to work with unLZ-GBA. it doesnt work at all. I tried to put in the 3rd sprite i made but it said error the image is not indexed. So i added the 2nd one. However after hitting write in rom and writing the numbers i got in fsf it started not working. This means it continuously threw me out of the app saying that it isnt responding. Anyone having an idea according to what i can do??? And plus i read that you can only add up to 25 new pokemon. Isnt there a way to add all the pokemon of all generations?? (my aim is to make a pokemon game having all the generations in it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Ok so i try to add some pokemon and i started with chikorita...all of the tutorial was going pretty good up to the point i had to work with unLZ-GBA. it doesnt work at all. I tried to put in the 3rd sprite i made but it said error the image is not indexed. So i added the 2nd one. However after hitting write in rom and writing the numbers i got in fsf it started not working. This means it continuously threw me out of the app saying that it isnt responding. Anyone having an idea according to what i can do??? And plus i read that you can only add up to 25 new pokemon. Isnt there a way to add all the pokemon of all generations?? (my aim is to make a pokemon game having all the generations in it.

For that all Pokemon question, I asked the same thing before. I was directed to this thread, and it worked for me: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=380296

I can't answer your sprite question, though. I've been having the same problem.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
NOTE ON EMERALD:
Spoiler:

How exactly should one find the palette of a similarly colored Pokemon in RS Ball? Do you just eyeball it to tell if it's similarly colored, then use the pallet to recolor the Pokemon, or is there a way to systematically find the closest pallet to the Pokemon you want to add?

Years
Why does one of the links send me to car site.
and now its sending me to a "too many requests" page.
and why cant i see the images but instead just a image of go to photobucket UGGGG WHY
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD IS GOING ON.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
Hi, someone can help me about "Pokemon editor pro"? Because I cannot find it. I'm sorry if my English are not very good and thank you for each people's want to help me :D

Back