• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Pokémon will be tough to catch

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
Years
Sounds fair to me. Makes it so you'll have to spend a lot of time preparing, which is how it should be. It won't be like a walk in the park to catch Ho-oh, it forces you to spend thought and effort. I love it! Razz berries and Ultra Balls away!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Of course in the games you can buy 100 ultra balls right off the bat. Here you'll have to swipe probably 200 or 300 Pokestops just to get 50 to 60 ultra balls and then hope you catch it before running out.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Of course in the games you can buy 100 ultra balls right off the bat. Here you'll have to swipe probably 200 or 300 Pokestops just to get 50 to 60 ultra balls and then hope you catch it before running out.
Not how it works in GO. You have to use Premier Balls, which are rewarded from doing the Raid battle. 7-12 is what you can expect. And you can't save leftovers for future raids either!

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
Not how it works in GO. You have to use Premier Balls, which are rewarded from doing the Raid battle. 7-12 is what you can expect. And you can't save leftovers for future raids either!

That is the sad truth. Premier balls are like the regular red pokeballs, no bonus attached to them.

All you can do is use your around 10 premier balls with golden raspberry, try for nice curveballs, and hope to get lucky.

I am glad i saved all my special candy and did not spend these on Blissey or something. With 20km buddy distance, special candy will be the only economical way to get legendary candy.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Damn right they're hard to catch! Just took down an Articuno raid boss and didn't manage to catch it with all 9 balls :( To be fair I did miss 3 of them due to her attacking but still!

Back