• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The Original Starters

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
On my very first playthrough (I forget how old I was, but it was definitely sub-10) I picked Bulbasaur, because somehow I'd gotten it in my head that Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander stood for Easy, Medium and Hard, respectively. Don't know why. The colours? It's not totally inaccurate, given the first gym. Although on my first playthrough it took something like twenty minutes to figure out how to leave the house, so my judgment at that age doesn't count for much.

On most future playthroughs I picked Squirtle, since Water types tend to be the most useful in the early game. Also its round head is super cute.

Years
I chose Charmander because it was the first Pokemon I looked at, and I never bothered to look at the other options haha. At this point I like Charmander the most as it also was my very first Pokemon, and partly because of the anime too.

004.png

Pretty cute! <3

Back