• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] How to remix some music into GBA style?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
I am a novice music hacker
I see some NDS or 3DS music remix into GBA-style video on youtube
But I did not find such a tutorials of remix
there any way to remix some music into GBA style?

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
Years
Of course, you have to obtain midi music first, either by extracting from a ROM or download from the Internet, or compose them yourself if you can.
If you only want to use GBA soundfonts to play the music on your PC than just skip all of the following because they are no more than piles of text. However, if you want to insert the music into a Generation III ROM, then this might be useful:
1. Make sure to know the basic knowledge of GBA music in Generation III ROMs (you may check voicegroups in Sappy for more detailed information):
Spoiler:

2. GBA music player limitations:
Spoiler:

3. Prepare your midi (I suggest that you use Anvil Studio):
If you compose music yourself, just carefully read Part 1 and 2 and insert your song to a GBA ROM; If you remix existing songs, follow this:
Spoiler:

4. Mark the loop points and insert the remixed song into your ROM and it is all done!

Last edited:
Back