• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga idols! (idol general chat!)

Years
Okay, I don't want to get too crazy about idol apps in the A&M forum, but I've just gotta share my amazing SIF pulls lately:

Spoiler:

Top three all happened today. Can't believe I got a UR from both SR and above scouting tickets (another initial You UR which I used to idolize the one I had), much less a UR with a solo pull (another cheer Riko UR, had one of these too and used to idolize). pretty af Umi UR too. this game loves me lately * *

Years
nah going full on crazy with idol apps here is fully welcome, they may be games, but they are a core part of being deep into idol anime

very nice pulls there

ALSO I've only got 2 months until my 3 FIRST YEAR MESSENGER BAGS get in! Oh, and my friend's Kanan bag.

Years
Very surprised. I thought the demographics were generally always around 90% female to be honest, and expected Nico to be way higher up on the popularity ranking (outside Japan/East Asia, Japan especially, where I have heard she isn't as popular). Wow haha. Nice to see my top girl (Riko) high up however. ♡

azalea tho ; ; I love all the subunits but I expected Azalea to do better!! The r/LoveLive discussion thread on their results is pretty.. interesting.

Years
Haha I didn't feel that was the case personally, but that's because majority of fans I've spoken with were female. The fan base is so diverse and that is what makes it wonderful. I've honestly only very recently started getting involved with the fan base so it's no surprise to me that I didn't know lol. I was oblivious to a lot of the demographics facts until recently.

Btw it is Honoka's birthday and I want to do her birthday scout but alas I must save /cry

Years
/r/schoolidolfestival actually had a demographics survey back in March themselves that showed they were majority female and that Muse was more popular there. And in lurking the communities, /r/LoveLive has a lot more Australian and East Asian fans (and those in the Americas are usually of Asian descent) that tend to be hooked in through the anime and a sizable number go crazy on the merch, while SIF is composed of more North American fans who primarily play just the game and may not even be aware there's an ecosystem for merch.

In East Asia it's probably firmly seen as being in the realm of anime otaku and as a male interest, while in North America it's not shoehorned into such a rigid category aside from "it's anime, therefore it's weird". That probably explains the demographic splits.

I can't do any birthday scouts for a while because I have no room in the budget for whaling. :'(

Also I suspect Nico is dead last in a lot of people's list and is top 2 in a slightly smaller share of people's lists, as she is VERY polarizing apparently. In my experience, she is especially unpopular among Maki fans.

... and looking through the thread, I found their data on specifically Hanayo and Nico for placements:

rVI0ASs.png

Looks like Nico consistently outperforms Hanayo in appearances in people's top 4, it's just that those who can't stand her, REALLY can't stand her.

Also found a comment with splits by gender:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LoveLive/comments/6qta8l/rlovelive_demographic_survey_results/dl1jf1e/

Dudes just genuinely don't like Nico, wow.

My top 3 in muse are ranked 8, 9, and 1, while my top 3 in Aqours are ranked 3, 4, and 9.

Years
Haha yeah.. Nico fans have very powerful voices and won't shy away from making it clear she's the best, but at the same time she's the type of character that can really annoy some other people. Love her tho <3 My top from Muse are Rin and Honoka which don't get too much attention. But I'm okay with that. Maki is also 10/10.

Speaking of favorite characters, if anyone's interested this little thing has been circulating:
Spoiler:

Follow the key at the top to mark your liked or disliked ( ;_; ) girls.

mine:
Spoiler:

spread the love tbh

Last edited:
Years
Haha yeah.. Nico fans have very powerful voices and won't shy away from making it clear she's the best, but at the same time she's the type of character that can really annoy some other people. Love her tho <3 My top from Muse are Rin and Honoka which don't get too much attention. But I'm okay with that. Maki is also 10/10.

Speaking of favorite characters, if anyone's interested this little thing has been circulating:
Spoiler:

Follow the key at the top to mark your liked or disliked ( ;_; ) girls.

mine:
Spoiler:

spread the love tbh

The first one isn't loading for me. :(

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Honoka's bday box was good to me, guys. I pulled Birthstone Honoka, and her initial SR + March Flower set.

I'll do the favorites thing later.

pkmin3033

Spoiler:

All I've seen of Sunshine is a Mari Engrish clip which is why they're all neutral apart from her - I don't know who any of them are...I'm not even sure if that's Mari. Derp.

I'll watch Sunshine eventually >.>

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
why not
Spoiler:

All I've seen of Sunshine is a Mari Engrish clip which is why they're all neutral apart from her - I don't know who any of them are...I'm not even sure if that's Mari. Derp.

I'll watch Sunshine eventually >.>

Why do you hate Umi so much, though?

Back