• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I need help installing this. I watched the youtube tutorial and the file I downloaed looks different. the zip contains a folder with _installer folder, and a .exe file which shows a bug when I run it. I can't find the EliteBattle scripts which the video says to add to the project. all I see are graphics and settings as text files. is my zip file broken? or am I supposed to unzip in my game folder and then run the .exe?

Yes, you can't properly run executables in zipped folders as far as I'm aware.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 30, 2018
Using EBS Entry Animation by itself

Hello, the "EntryAnimations Script" from the "Elite Battle system by Luka S.J." states it can be used by itself . . . .
If you'd like to use just the new transitions from EBS for your project,
you'll also need to copy over the EliteBattle_Sprites section of the scripts
to your project, as well as the configurations for the following constants:
- VIEWPORT_HEIGHT
- VIEWPORT_OFFSET
However, what is meant by the "VIEWPORTs" step?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 23, 2021
Help, I have this error

First of allI say that Im new on this page and my English isn´t very well, sorry :(

When I try to launch game, it show me this error.

Script SJPlugins_Settings line 153: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant PBSpecies.

Last edited:
Years
First, you're asking in the wrong place. Second, the answer to this issue is in the EBS FAQ. To fix it, you need to compile your game data by holding CTRL when starting the game from RPG Maker XP. Like I said, it's in the FAQ. Please check it before asking questions, as chances are, the question has already been answered.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
Okay, so I ran into 2 bugs
First one: When I click run in a Trainer Battle it says: \PN called *pokemonname* and it raises one of its stats instead of: No, there's no running from a Trainer Battle!
How can I fix this? I am using Essentials V16.2 and I litteraly just re-installed EBS through the UPS provided on your website.
The other bug has to do with the Sprite Positioner, whenever I load it up: I get this error:
Spoiler:

The only edits I have in my Pokemon.txt is the removal of all official Pokémon and simply only having my own Fakemon, so like the grass starter starts at No. 001 and the txt ends at No. 200

Diverscope

Pardon me
Years
The first one isn't a bug. You have the shadow-type defined, thats why the run-button calls a pokémon. Check your types.txt

The second one seems to be a problem of you changing the pokemon.txt and not properly recompiling the game and starting a new save file. The game still recognizes the old Pokémon (as it counts 831 different species, as the error log says). Hold CTRL while your game is starting and start a new save file (if not already done) and it should work.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
The first one isn't a bug. You have the shadow-type defined, thats why the run-button calls a pokémon. Check your types.txt

The second one seems to be a problem of you changing the pokemon.txt and not properly recompiling the game and starting a new save file. The game still recognizes the old Pokémon (as it counts 831 different species, as the error log says). Hold CTRL while your game is starting and start a new save file (if not already done) and it should work.
Hey, thanks for the Help! So, removing the Shadow Type worked for me so thank you for that, unfortunately compiling the game doesn't resolve the Positioner Crash, I deleted all Save Files I have from my project, opened up RPG XP, compiled the game, started a new Playthrough, saved and exited, I don't get what I am doing wrong here??

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
hey I recently used EBS on the last version of essentials (17.2) and everything about EBS is working fine, but the text sound effect (the textbox sound) has been muted, Does anyone know why?

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
ndb3kob18kvirzwzg.jpg

why is this happening? what should i do?

Emik

Fixing HGSS level curve
Years
I found a bug where each time an Item should make a message on switch in, like for example, Air Balloon ("Pokemon floats in the air with its Air Balloon!"), actually displays the Pokemon's ability instead of the item, with the Gen 5 Ability Display graphic. Is there a way to solve this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 18, 2018
Hey there! I'm using some sprites from the internet in EBS to use in my game. However, for some reason, some of the sprites have sizing issues.

Despite the sprite sizes being identical to every other, sprites for some Pokémon 650 - 721 have their frontsprites halved in side. And some Pokémon 722 - 800 have sprite sizes doubled. I have BACKSPRITESCALE set to 2 and POKEMONSPRITESCALE set to 1. These sprite sizes only glitch out occasionally, and, as far as I know, it is only these sprites - only the ranges I listed seem to have these error, and it's the only discernable pattern with the errors. Sorry if I'm violating or being a bother at all!

QGcDsXY.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2018
Hi. I've seem to run into a few bugs that were also present in older versions of EBS from what I've been told. Basically, if a Primal Pokemon is knocked out, its symbol stays until you/opp sends out another Pokemon. I'm assuming it's meant to function like the Mega symbol where it fades out once a Pokemon's HP reaches zero, but it doesn't seem to function properly. Here is what I'm talking about:

2NBik6I.png

Issue is the same for the opponent as well. There is also something else I noticed. If your opponent uses a Primal and THAN uses a Mega Pokemon, their Mega symbol will never appear, even if they were to switch out and than switch back in later in the match. Also if you're using a Primal vs an opp who uses Primal + Mega, your Primal will also lose its symbol, as seen here:

CUfRXtY.png

This also happens if using Mega into Primal fwiw, the order doesn't matter, as long as both are used in the same match. I honestly have no clue how to go about fixing this myself and someone else had the same exact issue with the last version of EBS freshly installed so it's clearly just a scripting error that was overlooked. Just wanted to get this out there if someone wants to try and fix it for everyone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 19, 2023
Can somebody please help me?
When I use the EbsUi2 the hp animation when taking damage is really laggy or abrupt.
Thx in advance

Alexherobrine45

MOFPC - Master Of Fake Pokémon Creation
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 26, 2018
Um...I installed EBS and this error keeps coming up:
---------------------------
Pokémon Violet
Script 'EliteBattle_0' line 464: NameError occurred.

undefined method `pbSuccessCheck' for class `PokeBattle_Battler'
OK

This always happens when I have EBS installed, I haven't modified anything in EBS, I literally just reinstalled it today, and it doesn't get fixed by pressing Ctrl when playtesting (which compiles all the data, which is what the EBS faq says to do about NameErrors). I can't seem to find this error anywhere else, so what should I do?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 21, 2020
I'm trying to instal EBS but error mesage keeps poping up:

Script is hanging

Back