• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still sleep with a stuffed animal?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I sleep with my stuffed Espeon now. :3 Her name is Mina~ She's associated with my bf, so I like to think that I'm snuggling with him. >w<

Spoiler:

Metatron

No guts, no glory
Years
You know, I wasn't going to say anything but **** it. I really hate these posts that are designed specifically to make people who do something or have some trait feel inferior. I don't think a person who likes to sleep cuddling something is less "adult" if they can then get up in the morning, go to work/class and get their **** done. That's certainly more adult than going out of your way to demean people on the internet for something inconsequential.

/end rant

Insecure much? LOL

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Not anymore, but my dog insists on sleeping in my bed so there's that.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I prefer to, if I have a plush. If I don't, I grab a second cushion and clutch that. It's good to lull me to sleep, and as someone with constant anxiety (especially at night), I want to do anything to improve my sleep. Also, since I bruised my ribs clutching something has become useful to keep me from making abrupt movements that could hurt me more.

i did until about a week ago. :' ( mum suggested it was time to clear my bed of stuffed toys and i'm still a lil sad about it.
My mom did this to me when I was 15, but instead of consulting me she did it during a school trip of a week. When I returned and saw my favourite one gone (an old tiger), I was really angry and upset for a long time. Not only did she take away something that had value to me, she also did it without saying so beforehand. My mom has always been very inconsiderate of the things I like and value (deliberately so), but seeing me so upset made her think that, for the first time, she may have done a bad thing. It sucks. :/

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
No, I am an adult.

Yes, and I'm an adult ;3

I just like having them there. Most of the time, I don't even hold or snuggle them; I find their presence comforting.

I never understood why some parents are so against their older children having plushies. I mean, it's not like having a plush is going to encourage teens to go out and engage in risky behaviour...

Years
You know, I wasn't going to say anything but **** it. I really hate these posts that are designed specifically to make people who do something or have some trait feel inferior. I don't think a person who likes to sleep cuddling something is less "adult" if they can then get up in the morning, go to work/class and get their **** done. That's certainly more adult than going out of your way to demean people on the internet for something inconsequential.

/end rant

I'm pretty sure you missed the point of, or failed to read my original post. I myself sleep with a stuffed animal, which is pictures somewhere on this thread, and I am simply asking others if they do the same. You have come here and taking a harmless and inviting topic and have tried to, using your own insecurities, turn it into something negative and anger filled.

I respect most opinions but with yours as negative, rude, and important as it was, has no place on a thread like this. Shame on you for trying to take something happy and positive and turn it into something negative.

Last edited:
Back