• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Season 4: Week 1

If Smogon bans Arena Trap, should we ban it immediately for the rest of Season 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday

Structure

The Pok?Community League is PC's largest SM OU battling tournament with a focus on both competition and collaboration. Containing similarities to draft leagues, PCL pits four clans against each other in a round-robin format (Weeks 1-3). After tallying all the clan wins from the weekly rounds, the clans in 2nd and 3rd place face off in the semifinals, deciding who will be the one to take on the 1st place clan in the finals. The entire tournament takes five weeks to complete.

Each clan has a clan head. In addition to participating, their responsibilities include picking members for their clan, picking subs to replace their clan's inactive members, and overseeing the direction of their clan (e.g. helping their clan members practice). The current clan heads are Aurora, Christos, Dragon, and myself.

Lastly, auxiliary members are members who were too late to sign up as regular members. Instead, they are allowed to be drafted in clans with a less involved role. Clan heads coordinate when auxiliary members can replace one of the regular members for one week of their choosing (two weeks is required if the clan makes it to semifinals). However, the same member cannot be replaced by an auxiliary member twice in a row.

If you want to sign up, please use this thread. The thread is old at this point, but we still check it.

Rules

?Use PC's battle server.
?OU, Ubers, UU, RU, NU, PU, and LC of any generation are allowed for your battle if both you and your opponent agree to it. Avoid formats that aren't on the battle server (e.g. RBY LC). SM OU is the default format to fall back on.
?Best of three (win two battles to win the match-up)
?Post the replays in this thread.
?Scheduling guidelines
?No extensions

Match-Ups

Brave Altaria vs The Lopunnites
sdXlUrR.png
Dragon vs lopunny (1 2)
Decidueye vs noa (1 2 3)
Kostas vs Rabinov (1 2)

Ghosts of Perdition vs Tenacious Toxapex
TGPQabc.png
wolf vs Aurora (1 2)
5qwerty vs Nah (1 2 3)
FireSnow vs gimmepie (1 2)

The deadline is Sunday, September 17th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Member Directory

Key: PC username / PS username(s) (not listed if same as PC) / time zone

Brave Altaria
H8Tujd4.png

?Head: Dragon (Aerithhh, Captain Syrup, Esper Terra, Futabaa Sakura) (GMT -4)
?Decidueye (ddrox13) (GMT -4)
?Kostas (Kwstaspaokara) (GMT +2)
?Auxiliary: N/A

Ghosts of Perdition
xD9lrqP.png

?Head: wolf (GMT -4)
?5qwerty (GMT -4)
?FireSnow (vsich4) (GMT -6)
?Auxiliary: Kevin Garrett (GMT -4)

The Lopunnites
sdXlUrR.png

?Head: lopunny (Choice Specs) (GMT -5)
?noa (Captain Noanoa, pureleine) (GMT -7)
?Rabinov (Arcaneum) (GMT +1)
?Auxiliary: TheGrimReaper666 (GMT +1)

Tenacious Toxapex
TGPQabc.png

?Head: Aurora (GMT +10)
?gimmepie (GMT +8)
?Nah (Zekrom52) (GMT -4)
?Auxiliary: N/A

Clan Member Replacements

?Ida13 (Ida) (GMT -6)

Substitutes

?Omicron (Carousels) (GMT -6)
?CUTIEFLY!!! (Mudkip) (GMT -4)
?Ras! (RasOriginal) (GMT +2)
?og (oh gee) (GMT -7)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Also, there was a reported issue with our battle server where Pokemon would automatically gain boosts every turn, but it seemed to only occur in one battle (?). I haven't updated the server yet, so if you're paranoid, you could battle on Smogon's server for now. Up to you.

Regarding the hurricanes on the east coast of the US, I'll be granting delays for this week if anyone experiences difficulties due to the weather. Normally, I don't grant delays, but this is one of those times when it's acceptable. More importantly, stay safe!

And please excuse the outdated logo. I'll update it when I get the chance.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
i support no one in this tournament and hope that everyone loses >:(

just kidding, good luck to everyone! finish this season already so i can make a mess in the next one :p

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Beat Noa 2-1 in probably the most fun 3-game series I've ever played.

Game 1 was close, there was a bit of hax, but nothing too awful. Game 2 I literally won off Hail damage and game 3 was really close as well. GGs around!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-gen7ou-278019
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-gen7ou-278021
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-gen7ou-278023

Ironically, it was a Mega Lopunny that sealed the fate of the Lopunnites Week 1. How fitting :P

Last edited:
Reactions: noa
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Hey everyone, please vote in the new poll if you are in PCL. If we decide to apply the potential new ban for the remainder of Season 4, it won't happen midweek, and instead will be delayed to whatever the next week is after the ban.

I usually don't apply new bans during a season, so people don't have to adjust to the new metagame right away, change all their teams, etc. However, Arena Trap is a unique case where it's pretty easy to account for its removal (e.g. use a Pursuit user on stall teams, use a lure/breaker to weaken/KO whatever you were originally trying to trap, get rid of the no longer needed Shed Shell and Skill Swap). Plus, most of us would agree that it has a solely negative effect on the metagame, which wouldn't be nice to keep around for this season, assuming it receives the banhammer.

Last edited:
Back