• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Latest trailer for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon shows off mysterious team and more visuals!

Years
Their having an UB would imply they live in Ultra Space, but how did they catch it? Normal Poke Balls are next to completely ineffective against UBs, so did they create their own a la Beast Balls?

They just use Beast Balls.

JgH20YE.png

A screenshot from before UB Sticky/Adhesive is sent out.

Of course, this raises the question of how they've gotten their hands on the Beast Balls, considering they were made by the Aether Foundation, iirc.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
They just use Beast Balls.

JgH20YE.png

A screenshot from before UB Sticky/Adhesive is sent out.

But... how'd they get those? ~_~

Looking at them I'd guess they've been living in a lightless environment for a long time. Beast Balls seem to mainly be Aether tech so... did they steal them somehow?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The UB Recon Squad all have pale skin. I guess this is what you get if you've been living in a world where Necrozma stole all its light for so long.

Mind Blown is a funny name for a Pokemon whose defining characteristic is clowning around before dropping the act and stealing energy.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Just saw the latest trailer. The new UB Adhesive is really cool. I love that we're getting more poison types this gen. (after last gen only had Skrelp and Dragalge)

Also, it's always funny when I see people comparing new Pokemon to other characters in popular culture but...

UB Burst tricks targets into letting their guard down as it draws near with its funny gait, swaying this way and that?then shocks them by blowing up its own head without warning. Before they can recover their senses, it steals their vitality, which it?s said to use as a source of energy.

It's literally Pennywise from IT. I can't believe it....this can't be a coincidence can it?

Last edited:

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
But... how'd they get those? ~_~

Looking at them I'd guess they've been living in a lightless environment for a long time. Beast Balls seem to mainly be Aether tech so... did they steal them somehow?

A journal entry made by what I assume is the beast ball's creator mentioned that members of Lusamine's family stole research pertaining to a special capturing device when it was completed. Lusamine wasn't happy about it so I doubt they are on good terms. Maybe they are affiliated with the Ultra Recon Squad.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Years
A journal entry made by what I assume is the beast ball's creator mentioned that members of Lusamine's family stole research pertaining to a special capturing device when it was completed. Lusamine wasn't happy about it so I doubt they are on good terms. Maybe they are affiliated with the Ultra Recon Squad.

Well it would explain things but... how far back exactly did it happen? These people have been in Ultra Space so long they've apparently lost most pigmentation in their skin, so they would have to have lived there at least a decade or more, not even taking into account the time it would take to make such a huge metropolis there. Maybe they were originally a splinter group from Aether.... and they became trapped in or wanted to live in Ultra Space and thus made a city? Or maybe just a few were, and everyone else were taken from other realities? I got no idea. ~_~

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Is it just me or does this game remind anyone else of the Kingdom Hearts Franchise, just in pokemon form?

I mean we have one UB that reminds me of a Nobody in KH2. And the other now remind me of similar Heartless. And now we have different worlds and Necrozma stealing Light from worlds.

I don't mind at all, but this might just be because I am playing KH a lot atm.

As for the new UB, I am really loving it. I am still expecting to have at least 5 more coded as UB-06 through UB-10. So I am expecting 2 to 4 more depending on their UB number.

Also according to Serebii, the Ultra Megapolis a world where Necrozma stole the light,

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Looks like **** is going to hit the fan with USUM.

Just making sure, you know that phrase means things are about to get horrible, right? :P

Anyways, it does look like USM has significantly thickened up their plot this time around (even though the plot line for Su/Mo was already really deep), however I'm still not quite convinced to sprint to GameStop and throw my cash in the clerk's face yet. I still need to know more. This game does look awesome, don't get me wrong on that, but I just need to see some serious game play and mechanic tweeks if GF wants my money for this one. I doubt any other spoilers can convince me otherwise, I'm probably just going to wait till Serebii cracks the game wide open.

Years
I wonder... if Guzma and Lusamine aren't going to be the villains in these games, maybe Lusamine adopts him or at least tries to help him out of his crappy home life. Like she did in SuMo, but with purer intentions.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
There wasn't really anything that indicated the Recon Squad LIVED in the Ultra Space, though? If they put a trailer image with Lusamine and Guzma in US would people say they lived there too (probably lol)? They seemed more like a subgroup of Aether to me, honestly. Wasn't there a shot of one squad member replacing the random Aether grunts in the Lillie running away cutscene? Did I miss something where it says they live there? please help

Also something excited was that it looked like we battle UB Adhesive earlier in the game (the protagonist had a Dartrix instead of Decidueye, and that seems like a deliberate choice)!

Last edited:

mew_nani

Years
There wasn't really anything that indicated the Recon Squad LIVED in the Ultra Space, though? If they put a trailer image with Lusamine and Guzma in US would people say they lived there too (probably lol)? They seemed more like a subgroup of Aether to me, honestly. Wasn't there a shot of one squad member replacing the random Aether grunts in the Lillie running away cutscene? Did I miss something where it says they live there? please help

Also something excited was that it looked like we battle UB Adhesive earlier in the game (the protagonist had a Dartrix instead of Decidueye, and that seems like a deliberate choice)!

People are guessing they lived there due to how pale they are. They're not simply white or fair skinned; they look like they lived in a cave for decades. They have next to no skin pigment, and coupled with their outfits that look like Aether's Ultra Space exploration outfits and their goggles which have mere slits in them to let light in the idea they live in Ultra Space makes at least a little sense. We also see them in Ultra Megalopolis, which seems to be located in Ultra Space or somewhere near there. Now they're probably linked to Aether somehow since they use a Beast Ball in the trailer, but they're like no human we've seen so far in Pokemon.

Years
Just like Black2 and White2!

B2/W2 was the end of Pokemon on the DS, so US/UM would logically be the end of Pokemon on the 3DS meaning that the Switch will be Nintendo's only console to market and release games for due to it being a massive game changer.

Since it'll take ages for me to get a Switch, US/UM may be the last Pokemon games I'll play for a very long time. But maybe getting the Switch will allow me to finally get into stuff like Mario games and Splatoon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

I have a theory that Mohn is connected to the Ultra Recon Squad. Mohn went into the Ultra Space according to his son by what sounds like some sort of research mission and never seemed to have returned (though we know he did...), which is what caused Lusamine to become obsessed with it (but at some point lost track of her objective of finding her husband...)

And their name makes me think that they are, or were at some point part of Aether.

Anyway, I must say, the new UB is my favorite out of all of them. It actually looks like the PokeEarth mons in terms of design :).

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
yes, i was implying things were going to get really dark in the plot, which seems to be the implication so far from trailers

im not quite that out of touch with slang now

Sorry if my comment sounded insulting, it's just when I read your slang comment I read it as "This game is about to be horrible." The context just didn't read right to me.

I think the fact that the Recon Squad use Beast Balls, kind of makes me think that Beast Balls existed before the Aether Foundation made them. My guess is the Aether Foundation either did the same exact research on UB's and were able to apply their research to pokeball technology in the same way that the Recon Squad had probably discovered way before the Aether Foundation or another interesting possibility being that somehow through researching the wormholes the Aether Foundation may have unintentionally (or intentionally stole it) come across a Beast Ball and then reverse engineered it.

I also get the impression that the Recon Squad is not really a team of bad guys. My impression is that they are possibly the Aether Foundation of their own dimension and see the Aether Foundation as invaders into their dimension. My guess is the Recon Squad will probably fight us multiple times through the story line because they believe we are attempting to invade their dimension, my guess is there will probably be actions on both sides that are lost in translation and there will be an accidental mini war to both dimensions believing that they are invading one another.

I also sort of think that Necrozma is going to be sort of manipulating all of this on the sidelines while trying to consume the primary light source of our dimension. I think that the Recon Squad's primary goal is to stop Necrozma and we seem to be in their way while we have the same goals on the opposite side of the spectrum with the Recon Squad appearing to be in our way.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Jeez, another trailer! I like watching both the Japanese and English because they both seem to show different things. I can't seem to find the one with the Pheromosa clip though, if somebody could link that would be appreciated.

I think this big dose of info is enough to tide me over until release, I sure hope not too much is released in the coming weeks. Despite what a few people are *still* saying about these games, there's a very good indication that the story is going to be very different than it was in SM. I don't think these games are going to "suck" or "fail" at all, far from it.

Years
You know what's sad about the Ultra Beasts? The fact that UB Symbiont aka Nihilego, the very first UB revealed to the public, is the only one to have a unique type combination.

Back