• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

ClockworkSeraphim

Chandalluring
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Pokemon Gaia is definitely one of the best hacks I've played for sure, and I've played many!

A few issues so far, however, and I apologize if they have been answered already.

I caught the Clefairy from the Secret Shrine in the Cave, but whenever I have him use Metronome, it freezes the game! :( thankfully I save often.

Is pick-up always supposed to give a super potion?

Is every hit supposed to be a critical hit?

Another is that the game's audio is quite choppy and glitchy, is this a problem in game or on my end somewhere?

Just training up to get my first badge now, and super Excited to see where this hack goes next!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Awesome updates!
I will look into the error with Flare Blitz. Flame Burst is not in the game yet because I haven't coded the typeless splash damage effect it has in doubles, so it will not be in the learn sets of Pok?mon for which it is available at the moment. The issue with abilities not activating upon Mega Evolution has been fixed for the next release.
Nice, that would be a huge buff for Charizard Y.
And a massive nerf for Charizard X and Infenape if Flare Blitz is fixed.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
So I finally got around to playing this and this is nothing short of spectacular (granted, I'm not all the way through yet.)
The music for the Elder Knights is super impressive and I actually had to pause playing so I could just sit back and listen to the music. I'm delighted that it seemed to fit Pokemon really well.
Honestly, just about everything is impressive here. The maps, the tiles, the scripting...it's all very professional and the hard work you put into this is increasingly evident the more I play.
There's just a couple of tweaks I'd make here and there, like maybe requiring that you do Nina before going up to the temple, so it'd make more sense to let your rival take you back to that one town. Also, maybe adding another Sage before the temple might help with quality of life, as walking all the way back to the Pokemon Center in town is a bit annoying.
Those are really my only criticisms, and it could just very well be that I'm missing something.
I can see why this is such a well regarded hack and it absolutely deserves any and all hype that it gets.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Hey, wanted to start off my post by saying I absolutely love your hack.
No bugs despite the already long-known Kirlia evolution bug occured in my playthrough!

I have one question though:
For the life of me I couldn't find Chansey, does anybody have a clue where to get one? is it in one of those Grottoes?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 19, 2017
I just made an account 5 minutes ago to ask a question (I'm new to forums in general). Budew requires day time to evolve right? When do I know when it's daytime? Is it always daytime? As for increasing the happiness Budew has, where can I find luxery balls / a soothe bell?

Years
  • Age 82
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Does 2.5 want the 1.0 or revision 1 version of Fire Red? Is there a way around trade evolutions?

Last edited:

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
Years
Finally got the time play this again ever since Beta 1.1 (yeah, its been 3 years) and I'm currently on my way to Telmurk Outskirts. (3 badges)

One small thing I found in the attatched image, in Sabulo Tower the Ace Couple were called "Cool Couple" instead.

And lastly, rename "Terra" to my current name on the OP credits. (This isn't nessesary but want to let you know :P)

hello
do u include ALL pokemons from every gen? or chosen ones?

All Pok?mon starting from Kanto to Kalos, no Alola.

Does 2.5 want the 1.0 or revision 1 version of Fire Red? Is there a way around trade evolutions?

v1.0, and the trade evos are in the readme file.

Attachments

• Pokemon Gaia [Beta 2.5]_10_07_2017_14_05_44_791.png
    Pokemon Gaia [Beta 2.5]_10_07_2017_14_05_44_791.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 33
Years
  • Age 82
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Thanks for point that out. Most romhack readmes only repeat stuff from the OP.

Is there anywhere that actually buys the "rare" items for a higher price like BW? The descriptions mention them they do that even in XY and SM.

Is there a bike somewhere I missed? I suppose it doesn't matter on a FR hack given running shoes are just as fast, but it seems odd I haven't seen it by badge 5.

Is the bug catching contest supposed to be rigged the first time? I tried using savestates and it was always the same result with different point totals regardless of catch.

I really like how, for lack of a better term, professional, this hack feels. No random memes or swearing (except one female swimmer between Sabulo and Valoon) and the dialog does feel quite like a real game. There's also a lot of itemfinder items, which a lot of romhacks skip.

One thing I'd change is that an NPC should be added to the Rival's place in the department store after gym 5 telling the player he went to the game corner. The event there just kinda happens and there's no reason to expect it to have a critical scene now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Is the bug catching contest supposed to be rigged the first time? I tried using savestates and it was always the same result with different point totals regardless of catch.

Yes it is, although you?re not the first one to question it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Great work im wating for the complete beta , where in can see the new screens ?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 18, 2018
Hello, this is an incredible hack! I was just wondering if it is possible to get Shedinja? Looks like the normal method from the main games doesn?t work. Is there any other way? Thanks!

Edit: I was also wondering if you could make the move tutor for substitute allow unlimited uses rather than one, it seems pretty counterintuitive since the change to TMs. Also could you give a hint on where to get the protect TM? thanks in advance!

I have found a bug that pokemon with poison heal still get hurt by poison outside of battle (the thing where your screen blurs every few steps when there is a poisoned pokemon in your party). This also happens to pokemon with Magic Guard.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2018
Hey, great game but I'm encountering a glitch in the Battle Marsh while surfing. As soon as I enter a battle/open a menu screen, my ride pokemon disappears and I'm unable to exit the water. I saw someone else have this issue but not sure if it's been resolved? I unfortunately don't have an earlier save to jump back to

Back