• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: English Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon Trailer and Famitsu interview

bobandbill

one more time
Years
English version of the trailer 2 weeks back, and some details of the game thanks to notes of a Japanese interview.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Just need the gen 5 legends to be available, please, for the love of all that is good, so now we can get all legends in apricorn balls!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The legendaries in the hoops in OrAs made sense due to Hoopa seeming to do what it did in the movie.
But for the ones in Ultra Worm Holes...
Well, hopefully the legendaries they'll choose to include for SM will make sense. Unless if we are to believe that the UBs kidnapped them a la Hoopa xD.

Ones that make sense are the Sinnoh trios (wonder if we might visit a part of the Distortion World... for Giratina)... that's all whom I can think of at the moment.

I expected to see the weather Trio in Alola proper, and kind of still hope that'll be where they'll be.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
The legendaries in the hoops in OrAs made sense due to Hoopa seeming to do what it did in the movie.
Well, hopefully the legendaries they'll choose to include for SM will make sense. Unless if we are to believe that the UBs kidnapped them a la Hoopa xD.

Ones that make sense are the Sinnoh trios (wonder if we might visit a part of the Distortion World... for Giratina)... that's all whom I can think of at the moment.

I expected to see the weather Trio in Alola proper, and kind of still hope that'll be where they'll be.

If I understand how Ultra Space works because of the Faller backstory with Anabel, I'm wondering if it means we'll actually be transported to the various locations where each Legendary were found in their respective regions. Like we may go to the Distortion World to catch Giratina, Spear Pillar for Dialga and Palkia, ect. This is just a guess but I've been seeing people bring it up quite a bit on Twitter and the like.

Years

I'd say it's what they did with Hoopa all over again, but if they're actually in Ultra Space itself I'd imagine they're probably Fallers (people can do it, so why not Pokemon, too?) only they weren't able to get out or just decided not to leave and made their own pocket dimension within Ultra Space instead.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years

It doesnt have to make sense because USUM is not canon, nor is ORAS. Only the first games are considered canon I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure of that.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
It doesnt have to make sense because USUM is not canon, nor is ORAS. Only the first games are considered canon I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure of that.

It depends on the generation and timeline, but if there's a third game it's usually the canon one. Pretty much all the Gen I games and Crystal are canon in one timeline which we'll refer to as Timeline A, while Emerald, FireRed and Leafgreen, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver, Black/White and Black/White2 are canon in Timeline B, and X, Y and OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are canon in Timeline C, which are sort of linked to Timeline B and Timeline A. I don't know which set is canon in Gen VII, S/M or US/UM or even both, but in Gens III-V the third games in each series along with the remakes are the canon ones, while Gens I and II those games are set in their own timeline displaced by the remakes made later. Time is freaking weird in Pokemon.

Years

It depends on the generation and timeline, but if there's a third game it's usually the canon one. Pretty much all the Gen I games and Crystal are canon in one timeline which we'll refer to as Timeline A, while Emerald, FireRed and Leafgreen, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver, Black/White and Black/White2 are canon in Timeline B, and X, Y and OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are canon in Timeline C, which are sort of linked to Timeline B and Timeline A. I don't know which set is canon in Gen VII, S/M or US/UM or even both, but in Gens III-V the third games in each series along with the remakes are the canon ones, while Gens I and II those games are set in their own timeline displaced by the remakes made later. Time is freaking weird in Pokemon.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire established that there are alternate universes, so there really isn't any one particular 'canon' version anymore. It was less 'these versions are canon and these others aren't' and more like 'all versions are canon, just set in different universes.'

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
So this is officially the first news I have seen that actually makes me want to get these games.
First of all, that trailer was really well done. It showed off how most of the Ultra Beasts had significant presence in the cut scenes individual from one another. They're making out Necrozma to be this serious threat (which kind of gave me flash backs to Mewtwo in the first Pokemon movie), which is making him look like a really interesting pokemon. The cut scenes of the main character and the NPC's appeared more dynamic and less awkward.
This trailer is the first trailer I've seen where it feels like the game is really coming together well.

Then I read that there was an interview where it was explained that USM will have post game that is to rival Platinum version?
...Really? Don't say that and not mean it GF, I'm very sensitive about Pokemon post game.
Platinum had incredibly impressive post game content, so that is a serious statement to make. Having post game that is on par with Platinum's post game content, now that would convince me to buy this game no doubt.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
So this is officially the first news I have seen that actually makes me want to get these games.
First of all, that trailer was really well done. It showed off how most of the Ultra Beasts had significant presence in the cut scenes individual from one another. They're making out Necrozma to be this serious threat (which kind of gave me flash backs to Mewtwo in the first Pokemon movie), which is making him look like a really interesting pokemon. The cut scenes of the main character and the NPC's appeared more dynamic and less awkward.
This trailer is the first trailer I've seen where it feels like the game is really coming together well.

Then I read that there was an interview where it was explained that USM will have post game that is to rival Platinum version?
...Really? Don't say that and not mean it GF, I'm very sensitive about Pokemon post game.
Platinum had incredibly impressive post game content, so that is a serious statement to make. Having post game that is on par with Platinum's post game content, now that would convince me to buy this game no doubt.
That part about Emerald and Platinum appears to be about the amount of changes in comparison to the originals.

Years
Oh I'm so glad to have this trailer in English!! Dang, everything has been incredibly hyped up in these games! I'm so excited. Only 30 days!

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
Years
Never got to play Platinum, but it seems like it has hours of post-game content. I beat Sun/Moon in about a week, and caught all the ultra beasts in a day. To be fair, a couple more days would make it a bit more enjoyable.

Edit: Yes, I played Pokemon and Pokemon only for that week.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
They mentioned Platinum so Diamond Pearl remade confirmed.

Omgosh I am so so so hyped. See, I told you the crazier it is, the more information they'll withhold until the end!

Double though. I beat Moon in 1.5 day so I'll need 3 days for UltraMoon. xD

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
This shit got me yelling. I'm still hesitant with preordering because of money stuff, but if that wasn't an issue I would definitely do it now. A story twice as big as SM's? Holy hell.

If I understand how Ultra Space works because of the Faller backstory with Anabel, I'm wondering if it means we'll actually be transported to the various locations where each Legendary were found in their respective regions. Like we may go to the Distortion World to catch Giratina, Spear Pillar for Dialga and Palkia, ect. This is just a guess but I've been seeing people bring it up quite a bit on Twitter and the like.
Oh boy, if this were to actually happen... USUM has so much potential now.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
That part about Emerald and Platinum appears to be about the amount of changes in comparison to the originals.

If I understand what you mean by that: The changes of the post game to USM from Su/Mo is being compared to the changes of the post game to Platinum from D/P, based on time investment, not specific features.

If that's what I'm understanding from this, that still has a lot of promise because Platinum had significantly better post game versus the limited post game in D/P. Considering that Platinum had a Battle Frontier which is very time consuming, USM is going to have to have a lot more post game to compare to that, even if it doesn't have a battle frontier.
Still though, to reference a game that had a frontier, it's definitely a possibility that USM could have one.

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I wasn't that hyped for these games but after reading this I'm really excited. Expanded post game? More legendaries? Main story twice as long as Sun and Moon? Well fudge me go on then!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
So it looks like we're actually gonna get a legendary dump this time around, as I was suspecting. Even though only certain legendaries are shown, what seems to be the case is that only the third game legendaries are being shown, such as Rayquaza and Kyurem. However, it could be inferred that with it, the first and second legendaries of the trio will come with it as well, such as Groudon/Kyogre in Rayquaza's case or Reshiram/Zekrom in Kyurem's case. Especially considering Zygarde was shown, the chances are here that hopefully there's no fetch quest to find all the cells, and as a result of this we'll probably face it off in battle, along with Xerneas and Yveltal, who also seem to be slated to return.

Also, despite not being shown there's a high chance the legendary birds will be making their return. Right now, it's pretty difficult to obtain them if you don't own the Gen IV games or earlier, and would require a lot of restarting of the Gen VI games.

Last edited:
Back