• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Challenge [Revived!]

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
Years
Greetings trainers! This is your favorite maid Uki speaking, bringing you back a super nice challenge!

The Rainbow Challenge!

Rules:

• All your Pokemon must represent the colors of the rainbow (Indigo and Violet to make Purple); Red, Orange (Brown in dex), Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple. Click here for a list of all the Pokemon showing what color they are.
  • After your sign-up, the next poster will choose the Pokemon for you. However, the maximum amount of Pokemon to share a type is 2. So you can either have all different types or 4 different types with 2 sharing.
  • Hacking in Pokemon is allowed if it is necessary. i.e. Let's say that none of the Pokemon you got are obtainable before the first/second/third gym. Then you are allowed to "cheat" and get two of the Pokemon assigned to you. But they must be either in egg form or at a low level!
  • Trading is allowed for eggs or to evolve a pok?mon, but they need to be traded back as soon as they evolve!
  • HM Slaves are allowed, if they are necessary for your in-game progress. No fair that you get stuck just because you can't use an HM!
  • Challenge ends when you beat the E4 and Champion.
  • You must choose either single or master challenge; single being one game and master being every region. If you are doing master, you can get a different set of Pokemon for each game if you so desire.

Sign-up form:
Name: Your pokecommunity nick!
Games(s): Which game(s) are you playing?
Challenge: Single or Master?

Extra note: Pls, try and post updates to your run here on occasion, so I know your challenge is still alive, hah!

Single Challengers
Spoiler:
Master Challengers
Spoiler:

Single Champions
Spoiler:

Master Champions
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Red Mage Coffman

zkauffman
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2020
Take Bisharp,, Sawsbuck, Co***rigus, Serpirior, Vaporeon, Crobat

Name: LRachelR5
Games: HeartGold
Challenge: Single

I got you! Take Octillery (Red), Furret (Orange), Sunflora (Yellow), Xatu (Green), Quagsire (Blue), Espeon (Purple).

Name: Red Mage Coffman
Game: Emerald

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
After failing my Sun Nuzlocke on Kukui (I don't like to talk about it), I want to try getting at least one full playthrough of Sun in before Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Name: BlissyMKW
Games(s): Sun
Challenge: Single, but I'll probably end up doing all the games eventually

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
Years
After failing my Sun Nuzlocke on Kukui (I don't like to talk about it), I want to try getting at least one full playthrough of Sun in before Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Name: BlissyMKW
Games(s): Sun
Challenge: Single, but I'll probably end up doing all the games eventually

I got you, bro! Here's your team:

Sableye, Leafeon, Braviary, Poliwrath, Mudsdale, Pelipper

Now, I shall submit myself as well!

Name: UkiTheMaid
Games(s): Alpha Sapphire (what better way to play a game for the first time???)

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
I got you, bro! Here's your team:

Sableye, Leafeon, Braviary, Poliwrath, Mudsdale, Pelipper

Now, I shall submit myself as well!

Name: UkiTheMaid
Games(s): Alpha Sapphire (what better way to play a game for the first time???)
You're killing me with some of the earlier ones (mainly Eevee because low encounter rate), and I can't catch any of them until after the first trial, so I'll have to starter solo Totem Gumshoos, but otherwise, this should be fine. Gives me a chance to use a Leafeon in a run.

Anyway, as I've played Alpha Sapphire, allow me to provide you with a potential team.

Swalot, Torkoal, Manectric, Ludicolo, Swampert, Medicham

If memory serves, all of them should be catchable in Alpha Sapphire, so no worries about that.

Have fun

EDIT: Ignore the part about soloing with starter. I'm an idiot and forgot Wingull is available extremely early.

Last edited:

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
Years
You're killing me with some of the earlier ones (mainly Eevee because low encounter rate), and I can't catch any of them until after the first trial, so I'll have to starter solo Totem Gumshoos, but otherwise, this should be fine. Gives me a chance to use a Leafeon in a run.

Anyway, as I've played Alpha Sapphire, allow me to provide you with a potential team.

Swalot, Torkoal, Manectric, Ludicolo, Swampert, Medicham

If memory serves, all of them should be catchable in Alpha Sapphire, so no worries about that.

Have fun

EDIT: Ignore the part about soloing with starter. I'm an idiot and forgot Wingull is available extremely early.

This is the first time I ever sorted Pok?mon for someone, and I tried to choose good Pok?mon, but even though I played Sun, my memory isn't all the great about it, it seems, because I thought Eevee was somewhat easier to find and somewhat early? I remember playing it and it showing up somewhat often (but then again I was reading on bulbapedia to refresh my memory and you get an egg for one at some point, so you don't really need to rely on luck for it, I suppose?)

If you want to, I can do a "re-roll" for you with a less awful team XD

As for my team, man, I never thought I would use a Ludiculo and yet HERE WE ARE. I'm gonna have fun with this team full of Pok?mon I never used XD

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
This is the first time I ever sorted Pok?mon for someone, and I tried to choose good Pok?mon, but even though I played Sun, my memory isn't all the great about it, it seems, because I thought Eevee was somewhat easier to find and somewhat early? I remember playing it and it showing up somewhat often (but then again I was reading on bulbapedia to refresh my memory and you get an egg for one at some point, so you don't really need to rely on luck for it, I suppose?)

If you want to, I can do a "re-roll" for you with a less awful team XD

You might be thinking of Black 2 and White 2, where you can get a HA Eevee from someone. In Platinum, you can get a free one in Hearthome City. Gen 7, though, 5% encounter rate. The team you gave me is fine, though, even with a massive Electric weakness. Sometimes you gotta work with what you get.

Speaking of which, I made some progress. I'm planning on going back to Melemele Meadow to grind off of Oricorio since they can't touch Gems before I advance because all of Akala Island's totems suck.

Team Ruby

wingull.png

Scarfed God (Wingull) Lv. 18 @ Quick Claw
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Growl, Water Pulse, Supersonic, Wing Attack

rufflet.png

America (Rufflet) Lv. 17 @ Sharp Beak
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Peck, Hone Claws, Fury Attack, Wing Attack

sableye.png

Gems (Sableye) Lv. 17 @ Nothing
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Scratch, Foresight, Night Shade, Shadow Sneak

Spr_7s_749.png

Epona (Mudbray) Lv. 11 @ Nothing
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Stamina
Moves: Mud-Slap, Mud Sport, Rototiller, Bulldoze

eevee.png

Borophyll (Eevee) Lv. 14 @ Nothing
Nature: Bold
Ability: Run Away
Moves: Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Baby-Doll Eyes, Quick Attack​

Last edited:

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
Years
You might be thinking of Black 2 and White 2, where you can get a HA Eevee from someone. In Platinum, you can get a free one in Hearthome City. Gen 7, though, 5% encounter rate. The team you gave me is fine, though, even with a massive Electric weakness. Sometimes you gotta work with what you get.

Ah, I see.

There are so many games, sometimes they kinda blend together for me lol I've just recently got back into the swing of playing Pok? games, so I'm like "Where do I find this or that species again????"

Speaking of playing, i need to start on my run... I'll do it tonight, had absolutely no drive during the weekend X_X

Years
UkiTheMaid said:
I would like to suggest that you add the challengers list in the original post.
Name: viper8890
Game: Black

Try to give a team with no trade involved.

Years
Also, I'm not risking giving you a team because I'm bad at that lol

Not a problem, but I'll accept the team if you give, and if i need any re-rolls, I'll let you know.

You should also make it compulsory to post updates at intervals like 2 gyms or 3 gyms.

Last edited:
Years
I've got a problem with my Pokemon black.

UkiTheMaid said:
I would like to cancel my previous challenge and start a fresh one.

Name: viper8890
Game: Emerald
Challenge: Single.

Last edited:
Years
Thanks Uki, now I would need a team. And to the one who gives me a team, you can give me trade evolution Pokemons for this one.

Back