• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [OOC] [T]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
This is the OOC page to The Pokémon Trainer Academy RP. On the first post of this thread you will find information about the RP such as what spots are available for roleplayers to join, a list of the accepted characters, and a good deal of other info you might want to at least give a passing glance. This is the thread you want to post your Sign-Ups in. You can also use this thread to discuss the roleplay, including characters, plots, questions, and other miscellaneous stuff.

For example, if you have a writers block and want to develop a plot for your next post, you could post about it here. You could also discuss what pokemon you'd catch next and what could happen in the near future.

PkMnTrainer Yellow (aka Marin) is the co-GM of this RP so contact either one of us if you have any questions.

We have a discord channel!

We have a rough map of the island!

7CvyM.png

Plot & How the RP works:​
Spoiler:

Settings:

Spoiler:

Wild Pokemon
Spoiler:

NPC Classes and their teachers

Below is a partial list of some of the classes on offer and their teachers, but this is not exhaustive.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Dorms
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Available Spots
Only your first character takes up a spot here. This is to help avoid any one dorm dominating the school numbers wise.
Spoiler:

Accepted Characters & Their SUs
Spoiler:

Rules
Spoiler:

FAQ
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Glad to be back~! Here's my SU for Silvana, and thanks for helping me iron out a few details while we were waiting for approval! Looking forward to writing with a bunch of faces--new and old.

Spoiler:

While I'm waiting, and since Synth is asleep right now, I'd like to go ahead and post the RP's very own Discord server! While it's not mandatory, I'd consider it a strong tool in keeping up to date and communicating with eachother.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
We're back!

I can't wait to read all of your Sign Ups and see what sort of students and Pokemon we'll have. As Yellow rightly pointed out (and kindly put together) we have a discord channel all of our very own, which I'll put a link for in the main post, so that's a great place to check out. You can ask for help with an SU, meet other players and generally get hyped. The IC thread will follow shortly once we have a few people signed up.

PkMnTrainer Yellow your SU is of course accepted. As the former GM I think you could have just posted "Trust me" and I'd have been hard pressed not to accept it. I think Silvana is going to be great fun.

For anyone curious about the magical aspect of Yellows character she and I did a fair amount of research into whether or not "magic" exists in the Pokemon setting. Your characters will have to come to their own conclusions of course!

L'Belle your SU is accepted although I would suggest you flesh out Arwyns appearance a little more if you can, either by description or image. What sort of build does he have, what kind of hats does he wear? This is more for you than anyone else so you have a nice clear picture in your mind. Other than that it's all good! Much love for Scraggy.

Below is the SU for my character, which I guess I automatically accept! Keep them coming guys, gals & non-binary pals.

***​

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
There we go, I'll admit, This was already partially done for another RP elsewhere, Thats why the formatting in the beginning is different from the template.
Edit: For everyone's sake, SU wrapped in Spoiler Tags.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Embyr I like your SU, and I have no problem with people tweaking the template a bit. Could you just include some of the information that the template has though? Age, which dorm they're in etc. Otherwise the SU looks good! My character in the previous PTA was the resident tomboy so it's nice to see someone new take up that mantle.

Also don't forget that in PTA your Pokemon can know up to six moves if you so choose. This just gives us a little more room for variety in our writing and strategies but you can by all means stick with the traditional four.

Once you make those small tweaks I think you'll be good to go. Don't forget to join our discord!

EDIT: I just realised that stuff is already at the top. You are beyond approved, because of my mistake you are MEGA APPROVED!

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
Hey! (: It's been ages since I've roleplayed. This will be a good place to start to regain the writing skills I've been beginning to lose haha.

That and to relax. Hoping I can make some friends and make somebody's day. ^-^

Spoiler:

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Glad this is back. Ready to go!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
FireSnow Your SU is accepted. I don't know much about the Orre region personally so I look forward to learning more about it through your character!

OrbitalPudding Your SU looks good but I can't see the image you're referencing? Once you sort that out you'll be and you are accepted.

Last edited:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Rosa 'Rose' Summers

Untitled_zps7wnfnuni.png

Name: Rosa Summers

Nickname:Rose

Sex: Female

Dorm: Entei and proud.

Appearance: At the short height of 5'3, Rose is often mistaken for being younger than she is. Traveling makes for a fairly lean body with toned legs due to so much walking. Her natural hair color is a mild blue that reaches slightly past her shoulder blades, along with several bleached-white streaks around her face. Her eyes are upturned and brown, while her skin is lightly tanned from years of outdoor exploration with her partner, Espeon. Rose wears a Pokegear around her neck, as well as two small, rosebud shaped earrings in each ear.

Personality:
Rose has a one track mind, and that one track is Pokémon. She is eager to experience everything the Pokémon world has to offer, and interact with as many Pokémon as possible. She favors Pokémon that sacrifice bulk for speed, and using that speed to set up a quick sweep. She tries to teach her Pokémon a variety of moves in hopes of always having one super effective move against her opponents. Rose enjoys adventure and will step into unknown situations without hesitation in hopes of encountering one, that is, until something goes wrong. Her confidence can be shattered with extreme ease. From gung-ho to devastated so quickly can make her a bit difficult to understand, as there is rarely middle ground. Rose is generally friendly (more so to people with Pokémon), and though not the most talkative, she truly enjoys to be in the company of others...even if she thinks admitting it is a weakness.

The girl absolutely, positively LIVES for Pokemon battles. A battle in the middle of lunch? Okay! A battle at three AM? Bring it on! Before being accepted into the academy, her desire to battle was called extreme, perhaps even obsessive, though now that she's found her home in the Entei Dorm, she's just a part of the gang.

History:

Rosa was born in the Johto Region, more specifically, Goldenrod City. The only child of a power plant worker and a teacher, her life was incredibly ordinary…

For the first nine years.

Rosa was spending the evening with her aunt and uncle when she heard the news: A simple drive to a business dinner had caused the death of both her parents. One minute she and her cousin were contently playing with My Little Ponyta toys, the next, she was an orphan. The mixture of extreme shock, and even more extreme sadness caused something to awaken within the child. As she let out a desperate sob, the window she was standing next to shattered, several books flung from a bookshelf, and the door slammed shut on the poor man who was forced to deliver the news.

Distraught, lonely, and frightened of this new power that welled up inside of her, Rosa, in her own words, "turned off." She refused to speak, or lost the ability to, she honestly can't remember, and she seemingly lost the ability to present emotion; never smiling, frowning, nor showing signs of anger or pain, the young girl merely stared blankly ahead. Her aunt and uncle, now her official guardians, took her to a child psychologist, who claimed this was not all that strange for young children who experience such a tragedy, and that she would eventually snap out of it, as long as they did not allow her to lock herself away completely.

Despite this supposed 'normal' reaction, Rosa recalls some of the local children thinking of her as frightening, while others thought her inability to seem angry, no matter what insults were thrown her way, was far too fun to pass up. Rosa's memories of this time in her life are somewhat limited, and she refers to it simply as the time she "got weird."

After several months of this behavior, Rosa's cousin, Raegan, was growing desperate to have her cousin act like herself again. One morning she dragged Rosa towards the local Pokemon Daycare, knowing they occasionally had eggs, and hoping that seeing a newly hatched baby Pokemon would make Rosa smile. On the way there, the two had to pause their journey, as two trainers were engaged in a heated battle. The two girls sat down to watch, and as the battle went on, Raegan noticed something: Rosa was no longer staring blankly ahead, she was following the Pokemon's movements with her eyes. The battle continued, Rosa cracked a tiny smile. New Pokemon were called out, Rosa began whispering her predicted outcome for the match. The battle ended, and Raegan quickly dragged her cousin home to announce her cured.

While it was not an immediate, 100% cure, it was obvious that being in the presence of Pokemon, and watching Pokemon battles, was helping the young girl more than anything else had. By this time, Rosa was ten, and while her aunt and uncle worried she was still not mentally stable enough to go on a Pokemon journey, they were more than willing to find a 'starter' Pokemon to call her own.

On a daycation to Ecruteak to see the Kimono Girls dance, Rosa was first introduced to Autumn, a stray Eevee that had been wandering around the theatre, drawn in by the scent of other Eevees. Autumn was, indeed, the biggest help anyone could ask for. Rosa began speaking out loud again, if only to talk to her Eevee, and when Autumn stole one of her Uncle's socks, Rosa would laugh. As their bond grew, as did Rosa's health, and when Autumn used that bond of friendship to evolve into an Espeon, Rosa knew it was their time to make a name for themselves.

More than anything, Rosa wanted to become a trainer, though setting off on her own was a frightening thought, thus, she applied to become part of the academy, where she could hone her skills as a trainer (and perhaps a Psychic).

Pokémon
Species: Espeon
espeon.gif

Nickname(Optional): Autumn
Personality: Autumn has a calm nature, which works well to cancel out Rosa's rather extreme emotions. She always appears calm and peaceful, even in stressful situations, and while she does not crave Pokemon battles to the extent that her trainer does, she is always happy to take part in them to see Rosa smile. Around new Pokemon, and people, Autumn is shy, often peering out from behind Rosa's leg, or finding a table/chair/sofa to hide under until the strangers have vanished. She can be friendly towards Pokemon she is familiar with, but is hesitant to get close to humans, even those she is familiar with. While Rosa craves adventures and battle, Autumn craves contentment, which she feels when seeing her trainer happy.
Lvl: 10
Moves Confusion, Helping Hand, Sand Attack, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Sorry. I guess my brain forgot. Anyway, here's the full character:
Name: Lucas McMillan
Appearance: Lucas has bright orange hair which can never be tamed. It's always bushy, unless he is wearing his dark blue hoodie. Lucas is 5'7", and is commonly seen wearing shorts and a hoodie, and sometimes a pair of wireless blue headphones.
Personality: Lucas is pretty quiet, but he is smart and pays attention to detail. He spends most of his time on his laptop or gaming consoles. He also likes to battle with his Pokemon, not just to win, but to learn more about his Pokemon and others. His favorite Pokemon type is Steel. He normally keeps to himself and doesn't talk to others much. When Lucas is around someone he feels he can talk to, he will share a lot of things, including his true feelings. Because he hasn't had many friends and that his adoptive parents didn't like him as led Lucas to have slight trust issues and not be able to connect with people well. He does talk if someone talks to him first, he generally doesn't say much. He only talks to seem normal. It takes someone with a lot of compassion and strength to reach him, but when they do, they will be greeted by warmth and joy of someone trying to help him.
History: Lucas grew up in the Hoenn region, where he got his Aron, Aaron. One day, when he was out walking with Ace, he heard some sniffling from a nearby tree. Upon further inspection, he saw a small shape in a hollow at the base of the tree. Ace started yipping and running in circles. Lucas bent down and picked up the shape. It was an Aron! Lucas took it and ran back home. It was all alone and not in good shape. His parents helped him heal up the Aron. Once the Aron was back in good health, Lucas took it back out to try to find its family. After multiple days of searching, they could not find any Aggrons or Lairons nearby. They returned home, and then Lucas asked the Aron if it wanted them to be its family. The Aron happily agreed, and Lucas decided to name him Aaron. His Growlithe, Ace, was the last of his dad's Arcanine's litter. He got Ace at the age of 2 and Aaron at the age of 7. He lived in Lilycove City with his adoptive parents. His real mom and dad are dead, one having killed the other in a fit of drunken rage, then committing suicide out of grief. Lucas was only 10 when he watched his mom kill his dad, then commit suicide a few hours later. Lucas was soon put up for adoption. He was adopted by a couple at the age of 12. He never liked them, and they never liked him back. That's when he developed his love for the internet and computers. It was his escape from the real world. Because he would always be shut off, he didn't make any friends. One time, when his adoptive mom forced him to go outside and confiscated his computer, Lucas ran off into the nearby woods. He soon got lost.
After hours of aimless wandering, Lucas began to feel hungry. He began to seek out someone who could help him get out. He found a man leaning up against a tree tossing a Poke Ball up and catching it with one hand. As Lucas approached, the man promptly challenged Lucas to a Pokemon battle. Lucas had no choice. He accepted. Lucas was incredibly nervous and had never been in a Pokemon battle before. He sent out Ace, level 5 at the time, unsure of what else to do. The man sent out a level 13 Beautifly. This is gonna be easy, Lucas thought. Lucas managed to take down the Beautifly, but Ace was soon taken down by the man's level 15 Lombre. Lucas sent out Aaron, who was defeated soon after. The man put his Lombre away and helped Lucas get out of the woods. Lucas said nothing as they departed. It was at that moment that Lucas decided to train and become the best Pokemon trainer he could be.
Pokemon:
Aron (LV: 7) Nickname: Aaron (Male); Moves: Iron Head, Rock Slide, Headbutt, Protect, Harden, Bulldoze; Personality: Arron is a very energetic Aron and is always excited to do anything.
Growlithe (LV: 8) Nickname: Ace (Male); Moves: Crunch, Howl, Ember, Double Team, Rest, Will O' Wisp; Personality: Ace loves to sleep, but will protect Lucas with his life.
Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
LinearAxel based on 'My Little Ponyta' alone you are gosh dang accepted!

For real though, I really enjoyed your SU. You approached a childhood trauma and recovery from it in a reasonable way without going over the top. I can't wait to see how our two blue haired girls get along - or don't! Be sure to join our discord where we chat about the RP, share useful information and have some handy features to help you in your journey.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Name: Ivrant Lehort

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicune

Appearance: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....991/253F472D57D6B324B74DDE09945FFCB00D50B39D/ The only difference is that he's slightly taller then average compared to this image. Other then that, the features are roughly the same.

He keeps basically the general appearance as he does in the image.

Personality: An extremely Calm and collected boy who tries his best to focus on his studies as well as whichever task he's persuading. The being said, being driven off of his current focus can easily get him annoyed or flat out grumpy. When things go his way, he's a pleasant fellow to chat with. He can be very forward about what he's feeling in a conversation and never shys away from any exact detail.

Ivrant is still fairly new to the Battling scene, yet still managed to show enough potential in the written portion and pulled his weight in the practical exam enough to be admitted into the Suicune Dorm. He thinks very highly of this and has started to take battling far more seriously then he used to. His Pokemon, Dynamo often pulls Ivrant away to train whenever he strays away from practice in which case, Ivrant is completely fine with. Despite his Hobby, he understands keeping his Pokemon in top shape is a huge priority as far as surviving in the academy goes. While he hasn't been able to create a Pokeball of his own yet, he has played with Seals to make his Pokemon's entry especially flashy whenever they emerge from their ball, which his Pokemon enjoys greatly.

History: Before attending the Academy, Ivrant lived in Lumiouse City in the Kalos Region with his folks. His father worked in the Pokeball Factory in Laverre City and assisted in creating several special Pokeballs used to this day. As a result, Ivrant ended up taking it up as a hobby, learning about Pokeball design in his off time and even attempting to create standard Pokeballs of his own to capture other Pokemon. While his own creations hadn't quite been successful, he did use working Pokeballs in order to learn their inner workings. This ended Ivrant up with his first Pokemon, a Rosellia that he nicknamed Dynamo for his flashy fighting style.

While Ivrant didn't quite take on battles very often, he did take a bit of time to learn the basics of battle at the very least to make sure he could protect himself in case the city experienced another blackout. His mother thankfully was once a trainer as well and helped him learn how to properly battle as well as other basic information such as type advantage. Ivrant began to take training his Pokemon alot more seriously, especially after Dynamo himself began to insistently pull Ivrant away from whatever he was doing to train. His mother suggested the Trainer Academy to Ivrant to hopefully learn more about Pokemon in general. On top of that Ivrant felt like it would be a good environment to pursue his own ambitions

Together, Ivrant and Dynamo made their way to the Pokemon Trainer Academy and passed the Exams with flying colors, making their way to the Suicune Dorm. Whatever followed Next, Ivrant would just have to find out when he woke up the next day!

Pokemon: Rosellia (M)
Nickname: Dynamo
Personality: Dynamo has an extremely flashy personality. That of a masked hero of sorts (Think Zoro) He's always willing to assist his trainer in any tasks needed and seems to take battle very seriously.
Lv: 10
Moves: Spikes, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Stun Spore, Growth

(I might add more as I go. I have a tendency to get a better grasp as I play the character XP)

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Pikamander7 Yo! How's it going? Always nice to see a new app, but unfortunately it seems like you missed the sign-up template! It had a bunch of mandatory information that needed filling out that's just kinda missing, y'know? Do you think you could go back and give Lucas the luxury treatment and flesh him out a bunch more? There aren't limited spots, so don't worry too much about taking your time.

(Synth and I discussed some neat new methods for handling scenes with lots of players. Hopefully it will make for a better experience overall than our old way of handling them!)

Megaman765 Heyheyhey! Now all we need is Jackblaze and SerenaStar eh? References aside though, you are accepted!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
There she goes! I hope she gets accepted :D.
Spoiler:

By the way, if you do have any suggestion of what I could add (or if smth's missing ofc), please tell me! I had fun writing the sheet and I feel like adding more details too haha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
"Would you kindly go jump off a cliff?"

Naomi Junn / Female / 15 Years Old / Raikou Dorm

gQVdcr2.png

Appearance

Naomi stands at a height of 5'6" and sports a somewhat slender body build. She keeps her chocolate-brown hair short, as it barely manages to reach her shoulder blades at best. Naomi has a rather pale skin complexion, mostly on account of her being extremely active during the night. This is offset by her rather dark, emerald-green eyes. Naomi tends to dress in a more rebellious manner. Instead of dresses and heels, she prefers to wear shorts, t-shirts, and boots. Regardless of what she wears, Naomi is seldom seen without her trademark bracelet and choker around her neck.​

Personality

Snarky, cynical, and headstrong. All of these are good terms to describe Naomi. She has quite the hot temper and is very prone to acting first and asking questions later. Naomi tends to act in quite the aggressive manner, pushing people away if she feels that they might be getting too close when she's not comfortable with such a thought. She prefers to keep to herself most of the time anyways, and if her acts of aggression manage to push people away then that is just fine with her. That is not to say that Naomi is all brute force and anger, however. The girl actually does have her soft side,
one that she prefers to keep hidden away from most of those around her. In particular, she is very dedicated and devoted to her younger sister, Izumi, and will go above and beyond expectations to do whatever is needed to keep her safe and well taken care of. As much as it pains her to admit, if Naomi finds the plight of someone around her moving or interesting enough, she will do her part to try and offer assistance... at least under the guise that it benefits her as well in some form. Despite her rather tough and roguish appearance, Naomi has a weakness for all things cute... and is absolutely terrified of ghosts.​

History

Naomi was born and raised in Celadon City of the Kanto region. There, she lived in a rather small, cramped apartment along side of her single mother and her younger sister. Money was always extremely tight for the family, with her mother often working multiple jobs just to scrounge up enough money to keep a roof over her daughters' heads and some food on their plate. Because of this, she was often out of the home and it fell upon Naomi to try and take care of her younger sister to the best of her ability. Times were definitely tough, but at the very least they seemed happy. At least, that was what Naomi assumed.

Truth be told, the constant worry and dread of whether or not her children were going to have enough food on their plates or a warm bed to sleep in had long since began to take its toll upon Naomi's mother. Things were changing with the economy and with the prices of food and the like constantly rising, it became more and more difficult for the woman to handle all the stress. It was one fateful day, shortly after Naomi turned nine years old that it happened. Her mother finally snapped and took her own life, leaving Naomi and her younger sister alone in life. For a time, their future seemed uncertain. Naomi clearly was not old enough to work jobs and take care of her younger sister. It also did little to help with the fact that her father had been long since out of the picture shortly after her younger sister was born. Thankfully, Naomi's only surviving relative, her grandfather, was able to be tracked down in the bustling city of Goldenrod in the Johto region. Though reluctant at first, the old man eventually agreed to take in his granddaughters.

While most would think that this would have been a turning point in Naomi's life for the better, it turned out to be anything but. The girl had a hard time adjusting to her new life in Goldenrod City and living with her grandfather. As time progressed, Naomi began to act up in school quite frequently. She was prone to getting into fights at the drop of a hat. She began to ditch whenever she simply didn't feel like going and even had a run in or two with the law. While her grandfather was sure that this simply was a side effect towards the girl losing her mother, teachers, officers of the law, and such were not so sold on the theory. Eventually, Naomi was on the verge of finding herself on the way to either attending a juvenile reform school or some quality time in a juvenile detention center.

Despite such threats, Naomi simply didn't seem to care.

Little did the girl know however, that the tides of fate were going to come rolling in. One day while trying to make her escape from a shopkeeper she may or may not have stolen from, Naomi happened to encounter a wandering, stray Totodile located in one of Goldenrod City's many alleyways. The water Pokémon wasn't sure just what was going on, but for some reason he took it upon himself to come to Naomi's aid when the shopkeeper managed to not only catch up to the girl, but grab a hold of her by the wrist as well. Without a moment's delay, the stray Totodile let loose a quick, yet powerful Water Gun. This gave Naomi the chance she needed to slip away from the man's grasp, with the Totodile following quickly behind.

While Naomi had never really expressed any interest in the prospect of being a Pokémon trainer, the girl figured that she at least owed the Totodile for helping her out of a rather nasty situation. Feeling that she had nothing left to lose, she invite the water Pokémon to follow her to her home to her grandfather's apartment. At first, the old man wasn't too keen on welcoming another mouth to feed under his roof. However he also knew that Naomi would simply sneak the little guy in when he wasn't looking. Eventually, he relented and allowed the Totodile to join their little family. It was a choice he came to appreciate.

Through some means, Totodile managed to cause a slight shift in Naomi's behavior. She began to attend school on a more regular basis, and spent more of her free time in the company of her new friend, whom she decided to name Franky, as opposed to wandering around alleyways and getting into trouble. Things became quite a bit more difficult with money, especially since they were living on the old man's retirement, but Naomi appeared to be truly for the first time since her mother's death. Sadly, these times would not always last.

One year later, Naomi's grandfather's health began to take a rather nasty turn. He began to become ill on a regular basis. Naomi knew that the old man wouldn't have the money to seek proper medical care and take care of both herself, Franky, and her younger sister. At the same time however, Naomi also knew that the reputation she had managed to build for herself in Goldenrod was not going to allow her to find some job to help scrounge up some money to take the pressure off of her grandfather. It was at this point that she learned of a particular Pokémon academy. While Naomi's knowledge of Pokémon was laughable and she had no clue how to properly become a trainer, she figured that enrolling into the academy was going to be her best bet at trying to find some form of career to assist her grandfather and younger sister with. It was the least she could do for the man who gave her so much, despite all the grief and headache she gave him in return...​

Pokémon

158.png

Franky the Totodile (Male, Level 10, Impish, Likes To Fight, Sheer Force)​

Pokémon Moveset

Scratch | Leer | Water Gun | Dragon Claw | Ice Punch | Crunch

Pokémon Personality

Franky is a bit of a clown at times. He is known to cause trouble at the drop of a hat, especially if it gives him the chance to sink his jaws into an exciting battle. Nothing gives this little Totodile quite the thrill as fighting and winning against a strong opponent, and he always anxiously awaits his next battle. Franky wants to become the strongest he can possibly be for Naomi, seeing it as a sort of tribute to the girl who gave him a new home after his previous trainer abandoned him.​

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Darkmaster006 It's been said to me and now I'm saying it to you. A lot of the time, being a bit relaxed with the details and allowing your character some space to grow into instead of clearly defining them right off the bat is actually a really good idea! It gives you some flexibility to work with, and when you don't necessarily know what you'll be up against flexibility is definitely a virtue. You're approved!

Magnificent Magilou That's a nice fleshed out app you've got there! ...That totodile's name amuses me in particular. Glad to have you on board. You're approved!

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
~a fire burns under a canopy of leaves~

Name:
Aoife (ee-fa) Breen​

Nickname:
None really, though because of the difference in the spelling and pronunciation of her name, it is often said incorrectly. When introducing herself vocally, some assume "ee-fa" is really the more popular "ee-va", leading to that being an official nickname of sorts.

Sex:
F​

Dorm:
Raikou​

Appearance:
Spoiler:
This image a pretty fair representation of Aoife's looks. However, the redhead isn't as slender as the picture shows, she's put on a bit of bulk because of her "accident"; being unable to be active for a long period of time has its consequences. Barring your stereotypical mean girls, most wouldn't really call her fat, but chubby may come to mind. She also wears a set of black, thin-rimmed glasses, and rarely removes them. Behind these spectacles are a pair of deep brown eyes, with one being ever so slightly more angled then the other.

In terms of style, Aoife clearly favours the simple and casual. She enjoys pairing t-shirts with dark denim pants and slip-on boots. Shades of green, brown, and grey are abundant in her wardrobe, though she'll sometimes sport blue and yellow as well. On warmer days, expect to find Aoife in shorts, long socks, and runners. As her legs do bare some scars, she'll rarely opt to show them off, hence the long socks in the summer.​

Personality:
It's common to associate redheads with a fieriness, and one can see Aoife's flames when the chips are down. This can come as a surprise to those around her, as she appears to have a mild demeanor. That isn't to say she acts like a true Blue Oni (the calm, cool one) during most of her interactions, but Aoife could certainly be described as "down to earth". She's not one to get in on gossip, and will often question suspicious rumours. In that vein, Aoife takes a practical-minded approach when making choices; don't expect her to drop 50$ for a fashionable hat or get caught up in the latest superficial hype. That doesn't mean Aoife doesn't have her weaknesses, she really didn't need that third Eevee plush after all, but those are exceptions rather then the rule. Another trait she exhibits is humblenss, don't expect this redhead to go on self-gratifying tangents.

As previously stated though, Aoife has an inner fire that erupts when the right circumstances are met. Though she isn't quick to anger, push her hard enough and watch the fireworks explode. This can sometimes, in extreme situations, result in violent acts. The opposite can also be said, get her excited enough, and Aoife will get energetic and passionate.

In terms of faults, the redhead doesn't like to show too much vulnerability and will actively avoid crying in front of others, especially strangers. Although she will admit to some fear, don't expect her to express more then a simple "I find that creepy" when confronted with a horror movie or Mr. Mime. Additionally, Aoife is rather lacking in confidence and although friendly, doesn't often start conversations with strange people.​

History:
Shalour City, home of the Tower of Mastery and Korrina's gym, is the place Aoife calls home. She had what would be considered a good start to life; her parents both held decent jobs and were able to spend quality time with their child. When they were at work, the young girl would stay with a neighbour. The older lady had recently retired, and taking care of a spirited toddler was the perfect way to keep the blues away. Despite her strict ways, Ms. Caraway was a kind soul, and the redhead has many positive memories involving poffin-making and hosting tea-parties with the woman. Aoife's humble nature could be seen as a result of her influence.

Growing up, the redhead always wanted to be a great trainer. She'd heard countless legends about the Tower of Mastery and the epic trainers gifted enough to harness Mega Evolution. Her dream was the wield that power, and use it to help those in need. "Strength was never meant to be horded, you should never seek it to meet a selfish end, like glory; that is how villains are made," Ms. Caraway would warn, and that lesson has always stuck with the girl. Sadly though, her stint at a Jr. Trainer's Camp revealed that Aoife was a poor battler overall. Although she isn't aware of it, this is what sparked her loss in confidence.

The most notable event in her life, however, was the "accident". Aoife doesn't talk much about that, but it involved falling from a tree and smashing her left leg. She knew her parents didn't want her climbing that particular tree; it was tall and smooth, making it potentially dangerous. However, she'd been goaded into giving it a shot by a couple of friends; expressing discomfort got her labeled a "weenie", followed by assurances that it would be fine. All fired up, wanting to prove herself, Aoife began her assent. She struggled, but was determined to reach her goal, despite the slippery bark. This would prove to be her literal downfall, poor grip lead to a slip and the redhead had an unpleasant reunion with the ground.

It turned out breaking three of four limbs, with a smashed knee to boot, was an adequate punishment for her disobedience. Recovery was very long and painful, which prevented her from setting out on a journey come her tweenhood. Not that she really wanted to at that point, Aoife was crushed (both emotionally and physically) . Luckily though, most of her entourage was supportive, though there were a few friends that proved they were anything but.

As she was old enough to own a Pokémon, her parents gifted their daughter an Espurr for her 13th birthday. It was an odd choice, but the stoic cat and unsure teen made a good team.Their friendship didn't take off immediately though, Mona had been abandoned by her previous trainer, and wasn't terribly trusting at first. To help Espurr feel more comfortable, Aoife ended up turning to a lost love, --Poffin-making. Despite being rusty and failing a few times, practice and an elderly Ms. Caraway's help, the girl met success. This reignited her passion for baking Poffin and sparked an interest in Poké-gastronomy.

In the present, things are better for Aoife. Despite her near-complete recovery, she still needs to be careful, and avoids exerting her body too much. Her left knee is especially valuable, and it will buckle if Aiofe tries to exercise it too much. She's also much more mild natured then she was preceding her fall, and isn't going to be coaxed into climbing a tree anytime soon…​

Pokémon:
Species: Espurr

Nickname(Optional): Mona

Personality: Mona is happiest when she's at her trainer's side, and doesn't enjoy being away from her. It's quite clear she has attachment issues, and the grey cat secretly fears a second abandonment. From afar, she comes off as a reserved, quiet Espurr that doesn't look to interact with other people. She's also a bit hesitant when meeting new Pokémon, but not as much as with humans.

Lvl: 9

Moves:
  • Confusion,
  • Reflect,
  • Yawn,
  • Double Team,
  • Charge Beam,
  • Light Screen

Last edited:
Years
Oh hey, I managed to do something and not just be a disgusting blob all day.

Spoiler:

Back