• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plug-and-play Delta Pokemon/Alolan Forms script

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
Hey it is me again, I was wondering if the scripts of Alolan Pokemons are compatible with the Pokerus script. Whenever I try to define a give Pokemon event with an Alolan Pokemon that also has the pokerus it crashes. I am sure it is not because of, the short length of my text because I use extendtext.exe every time.

Edit: Nevermind I made a mistake on my part.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 30, 2018
Hello, I have tried to use this script but ran into problems.

I keep getting the following error upon entering any battle:
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `isFemale?' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xba630a8>
Delta Pokemon/Alolan Form:410:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'
Delta Pokemon/Alolan Form:387:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmap'
EliteBattle_Sprites:247:in `setPokemonBitmap'
EliteBattle_Scene:1331:in `pbSendOut'
EliteBattle_Scene:1301:in `each'
EliteBattle_Scene:1301:in `pbSendOut'
EliteBattle_Battle:253:in `pbSendOutInitial'
EliteBattle_Battle:191:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2398:in `pbStartBattle'
PField_Field:905:in `pbWildBattle_ebs'

If I put the script above EBS, there is no error message upon entering a battle. However, the Alolan form sprites show up as regular Kantonian forms. Also, their movesets seem to be the Kantonian versions also.

Also, in either case, upon leveling up, I get this error message:
Exception: TypeError
Delta Pokemon/Alolan Form:1361:in `[]'
Delta Pokemon/Alolan Form:1361
Delta Pokemon/Alolan Form:1360:in `each'
Delta Pokemon/Alolan Form:1360
Delta Pokemon/Alolan Form:1349:in `call'
Pokemon_MultipleForms:185:in `call'
Pokemon_MultipleForms:89:in `getMoveList'
PItem_Items:312:in `pbChangeLevel'
PItem_ItemEffects:769
PItem_ItemEffects:764:in `call'

I have the latest version of EBS installed via the Updater.

Any help would be appreciated!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Hey a little help? How do I set it up so the player can pick up a Alolan or Delta Pokemon. If it's just a script paste can you please make it for Sandshrew.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 20, 2020
I got this when trying to enter a battle.
Spoiler:

Also, the evolution scene also crashes. I got this when trying to evolve a duosion:
Spoiler:

The sprites don't appear in the summary screen, and like DoomKiller13, I don't have these problems when loading above EBS, although I'm unsure if the forms are usable if I do that.

:/

Years
I know that Rot8er_ConeX has already discussed how to mega evolve your alolan/delta Pokemon but what if you want a separate mega stone sprite for the alolan form?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Hey. I was wondering if someone could help me.
I use the show species intro script by FL but it doesn't work with showing the delta forms.
It doesn't accept having a "d" added to the number or instead of "_1".
Is there a way to make this delta script and the show intro one work nicely together?

Also I'm getting errors when trying to evolve my delta pokemon.

Rare Candy use causes this:
Spoiler:

Evolving Kirlia into Gallade by using Dawn Stone:
Spoiler:

Evolving Kirlia into Gardevoir by level up:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arkadious

Developer of Fragmentum
Years
Heya,

I tried installing the script (completely unmodified) but then was told there was a syntax error on line 301. I've tried both the printable and non-printable versions but the same error comes up. Since my knowledge with Ruby isn't the greatest, I'm not sure what the syntax error is.

Thanks for your time.
Edit: Probably should've mentioned earlier, but this was tested with Essentials 17.1

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
Heya,

I tried installing the script (completely unmodified) but then was told there was a syntax error on line 301. I've tried both the printable and non-printable versions but the same error comes up. Since my knowledge with Ruby isn't the greatest, I'm not sure what the syntax error is.

Thanks for your time.

Same issue here and I also noticed the evolution for Vulpix and Sandshrew just disappeared. Unfortunately I replaced the old script with the new one and now nothing works!

Does anyone have an older (functional) version of that script?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I have an older version from before the main script changed.
I did modify it a bit however, I did try to remove all the modifications I did to it.
I may have missed some parts but it should be fine.
Bear in mind I was having issues with the script even at this point so it may still not work as it is meant to with evolution methods.

Again, USE PRINT THREAD VIEW! (Stupid smileys! Dx)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I've come across a problem with trying to mega evolve my non-delta pokemon. Whenever I add in details for a delta pokemon that has a non-delta mega evolution it prevents the popup for allowing the player to activate mega evolution. I've set out my pokemon just like the mega Steelix example and I've looked over my script 17 times and I don't see any problems with it. Does anyone else experience this and if so do you know how to fix it?

Years
I've come across a problem with trying to mega evolve my non-delta pokemon. Whenever I add in details for a delta pokemon that has a non-delta mega evolution it prevents the popup for allowing the player to activate mega evolution. I've set out my pokemon just like the mega Steelix example and I've looked over my script 17 times and I don't see any problems with it. Does anyone else experience this and if so do you know how to fix it?

If you're using 17.1, there's no need to use this script due to pokemonforms PBS.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
I'm using the most recent version of Pokemon Essentials, is there any changes that I would have to make to have this function properly. Also, I'll be using a different name than Delta or Alolan... What changes would I have to make to give it my own title?...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
In the pokemonforms pbs.

Vanilla Pokemon form info:
#-------------------------------
[GENESECT-4]
FormName=Douse Drive

What I did:
[GARDEVOIR-2]
FormName=Banshee

It works fine. Shows up as Banshee in the forms part of the pokedex alongside the male and female options. :D
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
In the pokemonforms pbs.

Vanilla Pokemon form info:
[GENESECT-4]
FormName=Douse Drive

What I did:
[GARDEVOIR-2]
FormName=Banshee

It works fine. Shows up as Banshee in the forms part of the pokedex alongside the male and female options. :D
Hope that helps.
So, does this work in tandem with Rot8er's script or is the script still needed at all?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
So, does this work in tandem with Rot8er's script or is the script still needed at all?

If you're using the latest version of essentials, 17.x, the delta/alolan forms scripts will NOT work.
Far as we've seen in earlier posts, its functions were designed for 16.2 and previous. 17.x makes these scripts no longer needed. The functions are part of the base 17.x.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Where can I find said functions?

Literally as I said. The pokemonforms file in the PBS folder.
To define new forms, the number in the name indicates the sprite to be used. The vanilla shows genesect using _4 for the douse drive form and _2 for my gardevoir form.
The other data in the pokemonforms file needs defining such as the forms move sets if any are different from its base form, stat changes, evo methods ect.

Have a look in the pokemonforms file to see how some thing like that are listed.

Not sure if the wiki page for forms has been updated yet.

Years
I tried this script in version 1.6.2 of the Pokémon Essentials, but when I start the project it gives me this error:

Code:
???? 'Delta_Alola_Forms' ? 301 ??? SyntaxError ??????

What should I do to avoid this error?

Back