• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Twilight - [BETA 1.1 RELEASE]

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
pokemon-twilight.png

Pokemon Twilight - A Hack of Pokemon Fire Red

Media
As every other Pokemon game goes, you're finally old enough to become a Pokemon Trainer!
Of course, you're late to your appointment at Professor Pine's Laboratory to pick up a Starter Pokemon to start your adventure in the Saelio Region.

After arriving, the Professor doesn't have any Pokemon left. Since the Professor is obligated to give you a Pokemon, he gives you a wild Dratini he found earlier that day. With that, you're off on your adventure!

However, it is not all peaceful for long. You're adventure is not the only one starting, as Team Inferno starts ravaging the local caves, museums and buildings. It's up to you to put a stop to them, as all they want is power over the Pokemon League, and to one day run the entire region of Saelio.

Media

sc1.png
sc2.png
sc3.png

sc4.png
sc5.png
sc6.png

sc7.png
sc8.png
sc9.png

sc10.png
sc11.png
sc12.png

sc13.png
sc14.png
sc15.png

sc16.png

Features
  • Decapitalization (about 70%)
  • Custom Region - Saelio!
  • Fire Red Tileset
  • Evil Team: Team Inferno
  • Multi-typed Gyms
  • Modified Pokemon Typing
  • Gastly, Haunter & Gengar are now pure Ghost
  • Gyrados is now Water & Dragon instead of Water & Flying
  • Pidey and Spearow evolution lines are pure Flying types
  • Cubone & Marowak are now Ground & Dark type
  • Raticate is now Normal & Dark type
  • Tentacool is now pure Water type
  • Geodude is pure Rock type
  • Feraligatr is Water & Dark type
  • Sudowoodo is now Rock & Grass type
  • All "Trade Only" Pokemon now are able to evolved via leveling up
  • Umbreon & Espeon are evolved w/ Moon & Sun Stones respectively
  • Currently looking to adding a Physical/Special Split
  • Reusable TMs
  • (Coming soon) BW Repel System

Want to Help?

If you'd like to help, I will be needing help with:
  • Spriters

Downloads

Beta 1.1
Ends: Oscuro Town (5th Gym Leader)
Downloads: UPS/IPS Patches

Known Bugs
  • Minor text typos
  • Movement Permission mis-placements
  • Orginial Fire Red Trainerscripts (It's a teadious process to go through them all)
  • Extremely difficult Trainerbattles (Most notably on Routes after Mare Town)

Credits

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Hey cool stuff so far. May I suggest lowing the font size of those titles though? Maybe use the
Code:
[h1]
BB code instead.

I like the idea of just having a simple Pokemon Journey, as that sort of game is quite a rarity these days. Also I see a few grammar/spelling mistakes. For example:
sc9.png

"Challenging" is the word.

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
Hey cool stuff so far. May I suggest lowing the font size of those titles though? Maybe use the
Code:
[h1]
BB code instead.

I like the idea of just having a simple Pokemon Journey, as that sort of game is quite a rarity these days. Also I see a few grammar/spelling mistakes. For example:
sc9.png

"Challenging" is the word.

Thanks for that heads up! I'll see if I can lower the size of the titles, as I'm using an image as the headers.

Years
Hey, looks good. It lacks of some info...
Do it have physical/special attacks splitting?
New gen mechanics? Like reusable TM's, repel,etc?
And, save game will be lost in newer versions?

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
Hey, looks good. It lacks of some info...
Do it have physical/special attacks splitting?
New gen mechanics? Like reusable TM's, repel,etc?
And, save game will be lost in newer versions?

Good questions!

I'll answer them here and add them to the main post.

I don't believe there is a Physical/Special split -- I haven't attempted to mess with that at all
There are reusable TMs, and I'm looking into the Repel system
I honestly don't know if save states will do that when I update.

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
Are you also planning to include Generation 4 to 6 or up to Gen. 7 moves?

I don't know if I will end up doing that.

I would like to implement quite a few things, eg: BW Repel System and more Moves.

This is my first hack, and I'm not 100% familiar with doing anything too complicated.

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
It looks pretty solid, which is good. I would highly recommend adding some custom tiles. Even if you don't want to completely redo them (which I totally understand) maybe add just add add s fee just to spice it up. If you don't know how and/or you have an idea, i can help you with that. I'd also recommend changing the trainer backsprite. Other than that, looks cool!

In the later towns there are some custom tilesets (Very small things, eg: Bushes, Flowers & Houses).
However, I personally really like the Original Fire Red Tilesets. I might end up modifying them a little bit, like trees or some buildings -- just so they are more appealing.

As for the Trainer backsprite, I would like to get a Spriter to help me out with that, as I'm not very good at Pixel Art. Eventually, I would like it to be a custom Overworld Trainer instead of the default Fire Red.

Back