• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Solo Challenge

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Username: Volga
Partner Pokemon: Blacephalon (UB: Burst)
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Ultra Moon

Username: Volga
Partner Pokemon: Stakataka (UB: Assembly)
Game(s): Ultra Sun

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I suppose it's high time I finished up my Gallade Ultimate solo.

Username: Ultra Decidueye
Partner Pokemon: Inigo the Gallade
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): SoulSilver, Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y, Ultra Moon. Gallade, being a Gen 4 Pokémon, is exempt from Kanto.
Previous Progress: SS, AS, Diamond, and Y completed, as logged on the old thread (except Diamond, which I swear I completed after the last update)

Obviously because USUM HYPE!!!!! I'll be doing Black 2 first. Seriously, I've beaten UM twice in the past week and I need a break.

-------------------
Update to avoid double posting yay

Decidueye's Ultimate Gallade Solo Run - Black 2 (5/8 Badges)

Stuff happened:
Spoiler:

Inigo (Gallade) @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Steadfast
Level: 36
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Shadow Sneak
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch

-------------------
Update to avoid triple posting yay

Decidueye's Ultimate Gallade Solo Run - Black 2 (COMPLETE!!!)

The Lucky Egg is a broken item.

Ice Punch was my savior in the E4, though the last-minute decision to switch to Night Slash (replaced Leaf Blade, which replaced Shadow Snek before the 8th Gym and kinda tore apart everything between then and the E4) was clutch for Chauntal and Caitlin.

Inigo (Gallade) @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Steadfast
Level: 79
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch

UM might start eventually. Considering replaying ORAS as either a monotype or solo run instead in the meantime though. We shall seeeeee...

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Welp, I completed Pokémon Omega Ruby with Whiscash.

Whiscash - Lvl 70 - Soft Sand
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Zen Headbutt

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Mawile Emerald Solo.

Spoiler:

V3y0TRq.png
IVzbPNF.png
uWi7E30.png

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I'm not in the mood for another Galade solo. Let's do something else.

Partner Pokemon: Cordelia the Shiny Tropius
Game(s): Alpha Sapphire

Tropius. One of the many Hoenn Pokemon that tends to get lost in all discussions about the region. It remains the only fully evolved Grass/Flying Pokémon at night (when Shaymin can't maintain its Sky Forme). However, its inability to evolve coupled with its 460 BST (including an incredibly mediocre 51 base speed) and usual late appearances in games have left it a bit underwhelming.

I've used a Tropius once before, in my Emerald Monograss. Its actually half-decent movepool saved me a ton of pain and suffering at various points of the game. Earthquake (and, in AS, Bulldoze) should ease the pain of Fire-types. Skarmory will, as usual, be the bane of my existence.

Anyway, for this run, Cordelia will be Naive, with the maximum IVs that allow Hidden Power Ice. She will also have a pair of egg moves - Leech Seed (which surprisingly isn't on her level-up kit) and Dragon Dance. She will not know Leaf Storm at level 0 as her kit allows, because that's just broken.

I'm ddrox, and Fate (my d6) has determined my starter should be Mudkip. I named him Memefish. Right now, I'm using PkHex to add Cordelia to the game.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Partner Pokemon: Cordelia the Shiny Tropius
Game(s): Alpha Sapphire
Nice. I'm running a Tropius run as well. Alpha Sapphire too! I stopped right before the 3rd gym (due to not being able to pull photos off my phone), but I was looking to start it up again. I bred my Tropius and it has HP: Steel which comes in handy.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
So I chose to get Lanturn out of the way next. Sucks that Thunderbolt isn't a TM in Gen 2, but Spark still did the job. I still hate Red's Snorlax.

Username: BlissyMKW
Partner Pokemon: Lanturn
Game(s): Gold

Team Zero (Final)

lanturn.png

Angles (Lanturn) Lv. 71 @ Mystic Water
Moves: Surf, Thunder Wave, Spark, Confuse Ray

978-TmoTSkmBgIrkrf220g.png

So according to the Gen 2 list, the next fully evolved mon outside of Meganium is Xatu, but since it's December and Christmas is coming up, I think maybe doing an Ice type next would be better.

Username: BlissyMKW
Partner Pokemon: Walrein
Game(s): Sapphire

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Username: Superstrength79
Partner Pokemon: Tropius
Game(s): ORAS (Sapphire)
Previous Progress: Yes (previous post is here)

I took a hiatus from this challenge due to not knowing how how to pull photos off of my phone, but figured out my Google Drive so now I am continuing!

Shockingly over-leveled: I started Wattson's gym at level 25 on Banananator, so I had zero issues with the trainers up until Wattson (having purchased the Bulldoze TM with my meager funds). Once I got to Wattson, it would have been an easy sweep again if it hadn't been for Magnemite getting paralyze hacks on me! It kept using Volt Switch, along with Voltorb, and even though I harvested an Oran Berry once, I kept having to use (I think two, total) potions in order to keep my health above crit level. Magneton ate a Bulldoze and wasn't really in the fight after the switch wars. Eventually I got a Bulldoze on the two Pokemon using Volt Switch, and earned the badge.

Preparing for the fall(s): I played into the game some more and I'm currently saved at Meteor Falls. I believe Banananator is LVL 34-35 now, and dangerously close to going past the level cap that the Dynamo Badge gives me (level 40 Pokemon will obey). It's the beginning of my game all over again if he won't obey me lol

07-Wattson.png

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Oh man is Tropius fun as hell.

DeciduSolo AS Tropius Complete!

Stuff that happened:
Spoiler:

357.png

Cordelia (Tropius) (F) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
Level: 73
Shiny: Yes
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Earthquake (swapped between these two often)
- Aerial Ace
- Razor Leaf

Really, there came a point in the game where nothing except Ice moves hit me for any meaningful damage, so Dragon Dance became a thing and then profit. Really fun run overall.

Big shoutout to Yawnzagoon the Linoone tho. Pickup gave me free stuff, Tail Whip helped a bunch in Double Battles, and 3 HMs for usefulness. Saved the run more than once. By the end of this mess he was easily on-level with the normal trainers just from EXP Share experience.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
And bam, finished right on time.

Team Ruby (Final)

walrein.png

Blubberman (Walrein) Lv. 66 @ Mystic Water
Nature: Docile
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Ice Beam, Surf, Body Slam, Earthquake​

PifkDuXfQVOi-LYZOjS-XQ.png
1UqM79R-T_WI0GlXSPS_fA.png
afP9tYIgR_SOcyXAy572Tg.png

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
So because I love Skitty/Delcatty enough to suffer a bit I started a solo run on Alpha Sapphire. No pics right now bc I'm too lazy to pick up my phone and take pics but current details:

- Spent some time getting a Skitty with a good egg move for the run. Decided on Skitty with Zen Headbutt.
- I've beaten up to Wattson so far. Wattson was hilariously the hardest gym out of the three. Because of Zen Headbutt Brawley was a piece of cake and Roxanne was a walk over too.
- ... that's pretty much it. Here's Skitty's details.

300.gif

Strawberry ♀ @ Silk Scarf
Level 36 | Cute Charm | Serious
Zen Headbutt
Covet
Feint Attack
Disarming Voice

I'm trying to decide what move to rid of for potentially getting back Wake-Up Slap for fighting types. But other than that this hasn't been all too difficult. Yet. Guess we'll see in the future.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Well, I feel like being a masochist, so let's do Raticate Red.

Cleared Brock at L15 with some luck and Hyper Fang.
Departed Cerulean at L25.
Left Vermillion at L30.
Left Celadon at L40.
Left Fuchsia at L42.
Left Cinnabar at L50.
Left Saffron at L55.
Left Viridian at L58.
Entered Elite Four at L60.
Lorelei took about three Hypers or so.
Bruno took one thanks to his Hitmonlee holding on by a few HP and launching a Hi Jump Kick.
Agatha took four Hypers, two Full Heals, and a Max Ether on Super Fang. :\ She kept spamming Super Potions.
Lance took two Hypers. Surprisingly, he was easier than Agatha. Used an Elixir afterwards.
Rival was a close call with Blizzard, but Raticate survived by 16 HP and Bolted for the win.

20.PNG

R-TYPE the L64 Raticate
Body Slam | Super Fang | Ice Beam | Thunderbolt

Years
Username: Felipe Kha
Partner Pokemon: Muk
Game: Fire Red (8/8)
Previous Progress: No

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
Hello everyone! I'm going to return with my solo run challenges since I got in such a good flow before I went to study and such :) So I'm signing up with the same 'mons as last time in the good ol' Combined Solo Challenge Thread!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • US
  • Seen Nov 25, 2021
I was working on playing through all the games I could with Chikorita family of Pokemon. Got through FireRed, Emerald, and SoulSilver in the past. I had also planned to do Platinum and Black 2, but that never happened thanks to life being stupid. Until now.

I got that Pokemon itch again and was reminded of these PC Challenges thanks to a certain birthday email. I did manage to acquire a used 3DS on the cheap but no Gen VI-VII Pokemon games yet. Later this year, I'll hopefully pick up X/Y and US/UM to finish Ultimate Solo at long last.

I'm disappointed that it has been so long, I lost track of where I was keeping my old .sav files containing the champion Meganiums from FR, E, and SS. I was planning on keeping all my Gen III-V challenge Pokemon (apparently also shinies) stored in a box for posterity.

Anyway, the sign up:

Username: nayrzeta
Partner Pokemon: Chikorita family
Game(s): Platinum, Black 2 w/ UPRandomizer-172 tool assistance for modifying starters.

Update
- Started the Platinum run.
- I haven't played Gen IV in a long time. It all feels new again.
Spr_4h_153.png

Pine♂ the Lv.23 Gentle Bayleef
Overgrow
- Tackle
- Magical Leaf
- Razor Leaf
- PoisonPowder

- Unsurprisingly, defeated Roark and received the Coal Badge.
- Suddenly, a shiny Shellos appeared.
j3elbDY.png
xuzrAJK.png

- To be continued.

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Oh, new thread.

For now, just add that I have a Gallade Ultimate in gens 2-6 (Gallade is still exempt from Kanto) and I'll get around to 7 eventually and a Tropius solo of ORAS. Actually I'll probably finish the Gallade crap as my next challenge. Totem Mimikyu can burn in a fiery fire.

Years
I think I'll jump in on this
Username: James and eeveE
Partner Pokemon:
jolteon.gif

Games: FireRed, SoulSilver, Ruby, Pearl, Black 2, X, and Ultra Moon
If I ever get done with this, I'll try with the other Eeveelutions

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Ugh, here goes...

Username: Spirit Shackle
Partner Pokemon: Gallade
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): SoulSilver, Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, Y, Ultra Moon. Gallade still is in no official Kanto games.
Previous Progress: Yes, complete through Kalos

This is going to be my hardest challenge ever. By a lot. Totem Mimikyu literally breaks solo runs. Anyway, finishing up my Y Random and then I'll get on this.

Going with UM over Sun for a couple reasons - Tutors and a better totem 1 for starters.

Years
My very first post on this forum (and therefore this tread).

I like the idea of a Solo Challenge. Just finished a Single challenge, might consider the Ultimate (did an Ultimate Bug Monotype once, quite fun).

Username: Suon (Trainer name was RINCE)
Partner Pokemon: Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein ♂️. Named EGO.
Game(s): Emerald
Previous Progress: Yes, completed.

1986_Pokemon_Emerald_U_Trash_Man_1523015775957.png
1986_Pokemon_Emerald_U_Trash_Man_1523094410403.png
1986_Pokemon_Emerald_U_Trash_Man_1523015688798.png

Last edited:
Years
Username: SUON
Partner Pokemon: BASIL (Houndour/Houndo om)
Challenge: Single for now, might become Ultimate
Game(s): FireRed

1636_Pokemon_Fire_Red_U_Squirrels_1523171951402.png

Back