• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Worst memories from GSC

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
Probably battling Red the first time. I was soooo unprepared, especially because I didn't know jack squat back then about how to build a good team. I had an overleveled Typhlosion due to my "let's just make the fire starter strong" complex, along with Lugia and a few other Pokemon I forgot the identities of. As strong as Typhlosion was, it was knocked out by Blastoise after barely defeating Snorlax. Lugia and the rest of my team got creamed.

After that I traded up some of my stronger Pokes from RBY (an old Alakazam I got from a friend, and a really strong Jolteon), took my rage out on the Elite 4 for a couple weeks to grind my levels, re challenged Red and won. So I guess it wasn't all bad.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As Pokemon Silver was the first Pokemon game I ever played, I didn't know what was a Master Ball. When Elm gave it to me I thought I could get more of them later on so I used it on a Ditto and realised in some days that I'd never get a Master Ball anymore.

Another bad memory of this game was that I began to clone Pokemon and it was going well until I did something wrong and my Lugia and Typhlosion disappeared XD I will always regret that :(
Ohhh that's sad :( then again from the looks of it if you cloned it then it might have had the same fate as Lugia and Typhlosion.

Actually shame that Ditto wasn't shiny. Would make it very worth it! Alas. The things we do as children!

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
The Invisible Floor in Ecruteak City Pokémon Gym. By the time I figured it out, my Pokémon were ridiculously overpowered (and disobeying me).

Back