• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Complex Game of Musical Chairs [BidoofFTW is the Victor]

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years

A COMPLEX GAME OF MUSICAL CHAIRS
The Liar Game​

Overview
A Complex Game of Musical Chairs is a unique game which essentially combines aspects from the social deduction game Mafia and the strategic game of Musical Chairs presented in the manga Liar Game. In this game, there are no defined town or mafia groups; instead, players are either left to fend for themselves or join up with others to form alliances and attain victory. The object of the game is not for a player to survive until the end of the game, but to amass as many coins belonging to the winner which are then translated into points.

Unlike other games, this game largely makes use of outside communication through Discord servers. Players who wish to form temporary or permanent alliances with other players may contact me, so that they may have a specified group chat and strategize to gain as many points as possible. Moreover, this game also allows dead/eliminated players to still work with existing players in a cooperation to win and gain points.

* credits to Kitty for the CSS​
How to Play
START OF THE GAME
Each player starts out with a randomly numbered chair and they also possess 22 coins to use as currency in attaining resources, allies, support, and other possible means to obtain victory.

Each coin translates to 5 points in the Underground Leaderboard; however, only the coins of the winning person or the last remaining person will have any value when the game ends.

A number of extra chairs will also be given to a certain amount of players. To attain an extra chair, players must bid at least a minimum of 2 coins by DMing me at the start of the bidding phase; the highest bidders will attain extra chairs in exchange for the coins that they bid.​

PHASES
Day Phase
During the Day Phase, which lasts for 24 hours, players must sit on a chair by DMing me their choice. They may only sit on a chair that they either own, borrowed from another player through a contract or an alliance. Players who are unable to sit on a chair when the phase ends are eliminated from the main game and they will become "extras". Additionally, players may not sit on the same chair for two consecutive Day Phases.

Night Phase
During the Night Phase, which lasts for 24 hours, all players, both the living and the extras, are to vote for a leader via DM. When the Night Phase ends, a voting tally will be made, only showing the number of votes amassed by each player, and the player with the highest number of votes will be the leader. In the event of ties, RNG will decide the leader among the tied players. Additionally, players may choose to intentionally abstain from voting, but they must inform me if they wish to do so. The leader calls out the number of a chair to be eliminated from the game and the next cycle begins. The game continues until there is only 1 player remaining. Extras are ineligible for being the leader.​
OTHER POINTS OF INFORMATION
Transactions
The two main resources in this game are the chairs and the coins possessed by each player at the beginning of the game. They may be loaned, exchanged, or given away, depending on the discretion of the owner. Any transaction is conducted through a contract which involves the two players' approval by DMing me. Transactions may be formatted in this way:

[Trade to Bardothren] 2 gimmepie Coins
[Trade to gimmepie] 2 Bardothren Coins

Actions may range from lending a chair for one cycle only while it may also extend to giving coins to specific players to forward them with your objectives. Bribing may be done, but players who are in such a contract are not bound to keeping their word as only chairs and coins can be exchanged legally while votes and other information are not legally bound. When transacting with coins, involved players must exchange coins of their own, as well. Coins exchanged do not have to equal the value of what is given.

For convenience, only one of the people involved in the transaction is required to submit the transaction details; however, evidence of the approval of the other party is required (through screenshot, PM, or other means). Forging of evidence is illegal and will have negative consequences if the doer and associates are caught.

Extras
Extras are players who have been eliminated from the main game due to being unable to sit on a valid chair. Despite not fighting in the main game, they still have a great hold on the game. Extras may benefit certain groups of living players by having negotiations with them using coins to vote for someone to become the leader while players may also bribe extras to share information related to other players.

Posting
At this point in time, you might be wondering if players are even going to post in the thread due to the nature of the game being mainly based on outside communication. Players are not required to post at all in this game; they are only required to perform their specific actions for each cycle and avoid missing out on the action as much as possible. Players may choose to post in the thread at all times, however, if they wish to extend a message to all other players if they can risk sharing the message to everyone or if their intent is to share the message to all other players. Post at your own discretion!​
Rules
  1. The Pokecommunity and Underground rules apply here.
  2. Outside Communication is the major point of the game. If you wish to engage in Outside Communication, DM me and I will arrange a specified chat / server for involved individuals.
  3. You can abstain as many times as you want in the game, however, you must inform me if you wish to do so. Votes for the leader selection are to be formatted as [Vote] Player. Non bolded votes will not be counted. All votes are to be sent via DM.
  4. You are required to submit an action to sit on a chair in every day phase if you have a legal chair. Sitting on a chair is formatted as [Sit] Chair Number. Non bolded actions will not be counted. All chair actions are to be sent via DM.
  5. All transactions are organized through me via DM or via specified Discord chats. You may contact me via Meteor Admin Divergent#9501. Questions and other related information will only be entertained there; actions or questions done through PM will not be entertained.
  6. Day phases last 24 hours while Night phases last 24 hours..
  7. Live, laugh, and have fun in this game of betrayal and alliances!
Players
Kiyotaka Ishimaru as your Game Moderator​

1. BidoofFTW
2. Desox
3. Salzorrah
4. L'Belle
5. Pecilia
6. Nakuzami
7. Sparkin
8. Neko Maid Kapper
9. Miah
10. Desinishon

Last edited:

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years

The Liar Game​

START OF THE GAME: BIDDING ROUND
*holds microphone* Is this thing on? Ahem... ahem...

Welcome to the Liar Game, members of the esteemed Underground! I'm pretty sure you must be eager to not only play the game, but also to forge alliances, betray others, bribe for votes and resources, lie your way to victory, and a number of other things to do. Well, without much ado, let me introduce you to the game we will be playing: A Complex Game of Musical Chairs!

You must all be familiar with Musical Chairs, I take it? A number of chairs are arranged in a circle and players follow a circle path as they walk while the music plays. When the music stops, whoever is unable to sit on a chair is eliminated. A chair is removed and the game continues again until there is one victor.

This game is pretty much the same except you don't have music playing. Instead, the chairs will be located all around this area, and each of you get a personal chair to sit on! Along with that, you have 22 coins which you can use to bargain and negotiate other people with. However, the winner isn't necessarily the one who gets to survive; instead, the one who rips off the most coins from the survivor emerges victorious in this game.

Before we dive in to the game, I offer you all a bargain. You can get the opportunity to get an extra chair with a price though. You can bid for an extra chair for a minimum of 2 coins! Don't bid too much though or you'll have less to spend on negotiating or winning for that matter.

Will you bid for an extra chair or not? Send in your responses via DM. You have 24 hours to do so. Phase ends at 1:45 PM GMT, December 27, 2017.

Specified Discord server for this game: https://discord.gg/xexd22Z (Arrangements will be made for your private channel once you're in the server)

Assigned chair and number of coins will be sent via DM.

Not a player, but want to catch up to join? You can still catch up if you wish to play before the bidding round ends as long as you post before then.

Additional reference if you want some knowledge:

Rules
  2. Outside Communication is the major point of the game. If you wish to engage in Outside Communication, DM me and I will arrange a specified chat / server for involved individuals.
  3. You can abstain as many times as you want in the game, however, you must inform me if you wish to do so. Votes for the leader selection are to be formatted as [Vote] Player. Non bolded votes will not be counted. All votes are to be sent via DM.
  4. You are required to submit an action to sit on a chair in every day phase if you have a legal chair. Sitting on a chair is formatted as [Sit] Chair Number. Non bolded actions will not be counted. All chair actions are to be sent via DM.
  5. All transactions are organized through me via DM or via specified Discord chats. You may contact me via Meteor Admin Divergent#9501. Questions and other related information will only be entertained there; actions or questions done through PM will not be entertained.
Players

1. BidoofFTW
2. Desox
3. Salzorrah
4. L'Belle
5. Pecilia
6. Nakuzami
7. Sparkin
8. Neko Maid Kapper
9. Miah
10. Desinishon
Spoiler:

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years

The Liar Game​

DAY ONE
We now end the Bidding Round of this phase before we officially start the game! I thank you all for your generous responses.

I am pleased to announce that out of 10 participants, 6 have decided to bid for an extra chair. Unfortunately, there are a total of 4 extra chairs only, so the two lowest bidders will not obtain an extra chair. No worries to those who didn't get an extra chair though; you won't be charged for your bid. Without much ado, allow me to announce the winning bidders in no particular order:

Sparkin
Pecilia
Desox
Miah

Congratulations to these top bidders! We now proceed to the next portion of the game, the Day Phase.

In this phase, players will sit on any chair they have access to. Feel free to sit on your own chair for now; though later, you'll have to think about borrowing a chair or allying woth someone as you cannot sit on the same chair for two consecutive Day Phases.

We'll discuss the next phase after you settle down on your chairs ~ oh and quick advice, start making alliances with other people to help you later on!

Select the Chair Number you will be sitting on for this phase. Send in your responses via Discord. You have 24 hours to do so. Phase ends at 1:30 PM GMT, December 27, 2017.

14 chairs in the field right now.

Rules
Players

1. BidoofFTW
2. Desox
3. Salzorrah
4. L'Belle
5. Pecilia
6. Nakuzami
7. Sparkin
8. Neko Maid Kapper
9. Miah
10. Desinishon
Spoiler:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
gonna be a Discord game mainly, it looks like. lmao

(then again, it's not like anyone has been saying anything in the main Discord channel, rip)

Back